It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Speaking to a Massachusetts tea party group recently, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made some comments that are raising eyebrows online this week, telling the small gathering of Republicans that he sometimes wants to “fire the first shot.”

Is this a threat against libs? Sounds like it. I wonder who he would target first and how would he identify them as the "enemy"?

I also wonder how many of the ATS conservatives agree with him and Michael Savage that also thinks violence is an answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Breitbart is a shill. Remember Hal Turner? Breitbart is another
Hal Turner. The whole point is to keep us divided.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This has been on the net for a couple days now, I was wondering when or (more honestly) if this would ever pop up here.

I figure this will just be swept under the rug and somehow spun that he was only kidding about the treason and sedition.

I can't wait to read the replies.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
this is just more political rhetoric until a crime is committed, I think everyone needs to stop reading into things and acting like a wet blanket, until a crime is committed it is just words and words can't physically hurt you, this downward spiral of thin skin is not the correct path we should maintain to seem more civil

just my $.02
edit on 20-9-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Breitbart is actually a born again Liberal who saw the errors of his liberal ways. He also realized what the liberals were trying to do to this country.

He has some good advice to the Gen. Y crowd.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
All I have to say about that is... Liberals have guns too! We are just as proud and will stand up for what we believe in as well. I hate it when people just assume we are all tree huggin' hippies with no guns, I have one in every corner of my house and am not affraid to use them. So bring it you tea party idiots.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist
this is just more political rhetoric until a crime is committed, I think everyone needs to stop reading into things and acting like a wet blanket, until a crime is committed it is just words and words can't physical hurt you, this downward spiral of thin skin is not the correct path we should maintain to seem more civil

just my $.02

From the article:

Breitbart added that “major named people in the military” will sometimes “grab” him and say, “Thank you for what you’re doing, we’ve got your back.”

He is claiming that he's openly talking about treason and sedition with members of the military. At the very least this should warrant some sort of investigation, both within the military and at Breitbart himself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Cons cant win! They will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apart from that I wager 5 cons against 1 other, cons lose!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You forgot something. Like the full context of his comment

Speaking to a Massachusetts tea party group recently, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made some comments that are raising eyebrows online this week, telling the small gathering of Republicans that he sometimes wants to “fire the first shot.”

“I’m under attack all the time,” he said. “The call me gay. There are death threats… There are times when I’m not thinking as clearly as I should, and in those unclear moments, I always think to myself, ‘Fire the first shot. Bring it on.’ Because I know who’s on our side.

Perhaps he is eluding to the thugocaracy preached by Big Labor in recent months and the call to violent protests from the left. The call to disrupt the system, the harassment of CEO's in their homes etc etc etc

“They can only win a rhetorical and propaganda war. They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with. ”

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Why don't we all just lay down and hand over our guns willingly? Sometimes we act like such a bunch of melodramatic children it's ridiculous. And then we wonder why our government is permitted to treat us like babies and control everything in our lives. Grow up people! First Amendment...anybody want to remember and defend that?!

"firing the first shot"....much like "I have you in my crosshairs", Is a common saying and has been around for decades, if not centuries.

We, as a nation, seriously need to stop letting every crazie run the show and make all the rules. Jared Loughner for example. One man, out of 300 million, kills people and suddenly we all start freaking out....calling for all crosshairs verbiage to be banned....no guns or crosshairs on websites....blah blah blah.

When are people going to wake up and realize we are the idiots giving power and fame to these wackos. They are the minority! The government then turns around and exploits these wackos in order to get more money out of us, pass more anti-freedom legislation, etc., etc.

Stop the madness! Support free speech! Support the 2nd Amendment! Stop giving our freedoms away!

There will always be wackos....there will always be "terrorists". We, the innocent, law-abiding citizens are the only ones that get penalized by allowing the media and government to exploit everything.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The first shot? I'm not necessarily for it...but all the rest of the shots, hell yeah.

He's making a point I've made a ton of times. The left's cute little rioters, faux-anarchists, commies, vegans, peaceniks, hippies, anti-capitalist, gay, black panther, BULLIES have no chance when WE stand up.

They're all typical with their loud mouth and intimidation. They're also typical in other ways...

Put an unloaded pistol on the table and wonder which side to be on? One side says, "oooo, nice!" the other side has left a puddle on the floor.

idk, there are a lot of combat vets on the right. They're usually well versed in weapons and principles. If I have to hitch my wagon to any group I'll take them thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

I think the word treason gets used alot these days along with another T word, and for good reason, but word of mouth I don't think is enough, is there alot of upset people that don't like what the government is doing sure, but like I said before until a crime is committed it is just rhetoric since he is doing it publicly

if anything its the military counterparts that are probably not following protocol

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.rawstory.com...

Is this a threat against libs? Sounds like it. I wonder who he would target first and how would he identify them as the "enemy"?

I also wonder how many of the ATS conservatives agree with him and Michael Savage that also thinks violence is an answer.

Sounds like a purposeful effort to shake the old political bush and see what can be spooked into flight, lol!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Breitbart added that “major named people in the military” will sometimes “grab” him and say, “Thank you for what you’re doing, we’ve got your back.”

He is claiming that he's openly talking about treason and sedition with members of the military. At the very least this should warrant some sort of investigation, both within the military and at Breitbart himself.

Blind, deaf, and stupid. Congratulations.

I've spoken to the same folks. When the military gets the order, they'll already know who to go after because they're all paying very close attention. There are quite a few of us that have sworn an oath to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. And they're all on the other side of your argument.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
CVompare these posts to the ones in the thread about Michel Moore. Its so hilarious how hypocritical people are. You all realize Breitbart said this is response to people like Jimmy Hoffa Jr, Michel Moore and Obama? Why should we be outraged by Breitbart, when he's just responding to the incitement to violence done by our president and his cronies.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So many sheep playing right into the false Left/Right - Conservative/Liberal paradigm.

They're looting this country while you argue over idiots like Moore and Breitbart.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Bravo!! Feel sorry for you US suckers on this. Take back your homeland because right now US folk are just mutton!!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
The first shot? I'm not necessarily for it...but all the rest of the shots, hell yeah.

He's making a point I've made a ton of times. The left's cute little rioters, faux-anarchists, commies, vegans, peaceniks, hippies, anti-capitalist, gay, black panther, BULLIES have no chance when WE stand up.

They're all typical with their loud mouth and intimidation. They're also typical in other ways...

Put an unloaded pistol on the table and wonder which side to be on? One side says, "oooo, nice!" the other side has left a puddle on the floor.

idk, there are a lot of combat vets on the right. They're usually well versed in weapons and principles. If I have to hitch my wagon to any group I'll take them thanks.

And you'll be on the losing side. There are far more combat vets that are on the left side not to mention the soldiers that are currently serving that will support the people. If this had broken out while I was in the service and an officer ordered me to fire on a American citizen it would have been the last order he would have given because I would have shot him in the face. And don't forget thanks to GOP policies there are far more poor than there are rich and that number keeps growing everyday. Breitbart is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Blind, deaf, and stupid. Congratulations.

Care to elaborate on this personal attack? How exactly is one "blind, deaf, and stupid" for simply repeating what the man said?

I've spoken to the same folks. When the military gets the order, they'll already know who to go after because they're all paying very close attention. There are quite a few of us that have sworn an oath to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. And they're all on the other side of your argument.

Yawn. Another right wing armchair general.

Look, i get it - your reply was meant to intimidate. However... It takes a little more than 3rd hand information from some faceless person on the internet to get me shaking.

I'm sure you and your military connections have it all figured out, but really - end of the day it's still sedition to plot rebellion against the government.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
So many sheep playing right into the false Left/Right - Conservative/Liberal paradigm.

They're looting this country while you argue over idiots like Moore and Breitbart.

exactly the point I was getting at....but you said it very nicely +S

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join