It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement by the President on the Repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Army here. Big freakin' deal. Gays, shmays. Just have duty, honour, respect and it'll all be good.

Thanks for your hard work Jaxon.

Just as long as they keep the damned vegans and liberals out, it'll be okay..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

A day that many here on ATS swore to me would never come is finally here. As a gay disabled veteran I have to say it's about damn time. As I have stated here on ATS time and time again, if one is willing and able to serve his or her country, they should be allowed to do so with honor and dignity. This is another brave step forward towards living up to the ideals set forth in the Constitution... That every citizen should have the same rights and freedoms, and that EVERY citizen matters...

During "Don't ask Don't Tell"....I went to Airmen Leadership School and there was a female airmen there who worked at the Base Hospital. She had an interesting story where a certain General had to go to the Base Hospital to have an "object" removed from his rectum.

LOL! It was known by many he was a full blown Gay. He never got booted out even after a gay sexual encounter went wrong and he had to seek military medical to get a device removed from his rear hole.

"Honor and Dignity"...ha ha ha ha ha!! Rank has its privileges...nobody in the military has the "same rights and freedoms".

Colonel Fondren sold secrets to China and only got a slap on the hand, 3 years in a minimum security prison where he can work/get paid...shot in the local prison store...use the internet...even get visits.

Private David Manning....look how his punishment is much stiffer...less of a crime.

Rank has its privileges. I bet Colonel Fondren still gets his military retirement check.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
He obviously doesn't agree with it either, but to him, it's the "uncomfortable" feeling he gets when gay/lesbian airmen talk about their lifestyles.

Did he ever think from the opposite perspective?

How much pain and discomfort do you think gays feel when they are constantly subjected to hetero lifestyle - - - and can't even object.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It must be love..........................................yeh........... or...................someth.............else............ but what?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's why he doesn't talk about our marriage or "lifestyle" period.
He is a private person and that's just how we are.
We don't like telling everyone our business and/or the way our relationship is.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The truth about this enigma is still hidden or should I say not spoken about!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good news, Just like what Truman outlaws the segregation between Blacks and Whites in the outskirt of the Korean War.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join