It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death-row inmate Troy Davis Denied Clemency

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by UniverSoul

The sad part to me is that this is a clear example that the American government no longer listens to the people. There was tons of protests to this execution and they just stood aside and let it happen. With cop out claims like governor claiming he can't stay the execution. It seems Americans have truly lost there place in our country.

yep, not that weve ever had a real say.
our freedoms are almost gone and i dont know why people support this, are their lives really so bad they need to do stuff like kill people to feel good.
violence fuels violence and our society breeds violence

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The sad part to me is that this is a clear example that the American government no longer listens to the people. There was tons of protests to this execution and they just stood aside and let it happen. With cop out claims like governor claiming he can't stay the execution. It seems Americans have truly lost there place in our country.

I was going to bring this point up. It doesnt matter what the American people say. They just bring out the riot police. We have no voice in our own damn country anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Yea it's true that we haven't had a say in a long time, but we have no one to blame but our parents and there parents and our peers. We have asked the government to do more and more for us, and they have taken more and more control away from us.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Yea it's true that we haven't had a say in a long time, but we have no one to blame but our parents and there parents and our peers. We have asked the government to do more and more for us, and they have taken more and more control away from us.

its not our parents fault they were brainwashed by war, economic depression, religion, hate and mateiralism

its only a select few who impose the sysemt of control on our society, the rich people who have had wealth passed down through generations by a people who worked out how to manipulate and enslave people many years ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Edit: Nevermind..
It looked like the guy was granted a stay.. then it was denied and he was executed. Lame.

He denied a final meal, he denied a final prayer, he denied the anti-anxiety and anti convulsion drug.
His final words were:

The incident that took place that night was not my fault. I did not have a gun. [Addressing the victim's family] I did not personally kill your son, father, brother; I am innocent. Look deeper in this case, so you can find the truth. To the people who are about to take my life: May God have mercy on your soul. May God bless your soul.

boingboing.net...
edit on 21-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In my opinion saying he was "Put to death" instead of "Murdered" or "Killed" reminds me of Dogs being "put to sleep" disgusting...
22 years in jail... could they not just let him die there?
Surely prison is bad enough?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Actually, it will be listed as homicide on his death certificate. That's what they do when someone is executed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I raised this question in the other Troy thread. There -apparently- is a good possibility that this was an -innocent- citizen. Therefore: What is now keeping the Fascists from coming to your door or mine, and "disappearing" us away, like the old Federaly stories in the South American military dicatorships. Is that where the US is now?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What follows is my personal opinion and is not intended to offend. But feel free to take it how you wish.

Capital punishment is hypocritical. "You killed someone, and killing is wrong, so now we're going to kill you." Because it is state sanctioned or decided upon by a jury and judge does not make it more legitimate than cold blooded murder. In fact, in some ways, it makes it more heinous. To premeditatedly and in a detached, rational way plan the death of another human being out of vengeance. That's what capital punishment is. Calling it justice does not make it just, or elevate it above simple revenge.

Capital punishment does not serve as an effective deterrent against violent crime. If it did, there would no longer be a need for it.

Capital punishment assumes that no one is ever wrongfully convicted. There have been cases of convictions and executions that were later overturned (too late) because of new evidence. To endorse capital punishment is to endorse OCCASIONALLY killing innocent victims, for the sake of killing SOME guilty convicts. To kill even one innocent person is one person too many.

Any rational person that still supports capital punishment despite knowing this is no better than the convicted killer they seek to execute. They feel utterly justified in their actions, and have no remorse. Because one happened outside the law and one happened within it does not render it legitimate in my opinion.

Just my two cents. Rage at me if you feel compelled to. Peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
What is now keeping the Fascists from coming to your door or mine, and "disappearing" us away, like the old Federaly stories in the South American military dicatorships.

It's called the 2nd amendment, Jefferson said that the strongest arguement for the people's right to bear arms was as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.

That is why TPTB are so intent on keeping the people notified of "gun violence" and gun control. For one thing there is no such thing as gun violence, there is only human violence and some of those violent humans use guns.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is incredibly primitive and makes me sad, that they still did it! How could they just kill him if his quilt wasn´t at all 100% sure?! You Americans really should start to fight back! Not violently though, but revolution doesn´t have to be violent.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Very sad to hear. No one should be put to death. What right does the government and a group of nobodys on a jury have?

So, as an alternative to a jury of the accused's peers, what form of trial would you rather see?

Either you or i read this comment wrong. i read it as a rhetorical question where a jury of peers couldn't condemn you to death. And it seems you read it as suggesting doing away with the jury system. Is it because of the punctuation (a period instead of a comma between death and What)?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't get how you can execute somebody when there is even the slightest shred of doubt. I can understand the justification when the proof is 100% conclusive (I may not agree with it but I understand it). But when there is no DNA proof, no murder weapon, no fingerprints, when 7 out of the 9 eyewitnesses recant or significantly change their statements, when 10 other witnesses sign affidavits saying the police coerced them to implicate the person on trial, and 8 other witnesses sign affidavits implicating another man... How can that be 100% conclusive? 140+ people on Death Row have been released from prison since 1973 because later DNA evidence proved they weren't the killer. 10 were released in 2003 alone. That's over 140+ people who were convicted "beyond a shadow of a doubt" and were sentenced to die, that did no wrong. The New York Times printed a study showing a minimum of 25 people have been put to death in the U.S. in the last 50 years only to be later exonerated. That's 25 people that were murdered and we had to go back and say, "Oh #, sorry about that. Wrong person." How many more have there been? The system isn't flawed it's busted. I want to say congratulations to the Georgia Judicial system for taking one giant leap backwards. /sarcastic golfclap.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Even watching the victim's family speak about wanting him to be executed sickened me. I understand after 20 years the pain is still huge, it always will be. But look at their faces as ther're asking for justice, listen to their voices, look at their word choice. They're not asking for justice, they're asking for revenge and the two are very different.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lorienth

Ironically the other man that was executed the same night was definitely guilty. He was a white supremacist that never showed remorse once after he dragged a black man to death behind his truck. However, knowing he was guilty, the black man's family actually pleaded that he not be put to death and should just stay in prison.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
All 9 on the court agreed that he should be put to death and he was. There is something VERY wrong here when all 9 agree with killing someone that could be innocent. I dont know if its just that these people are bloodthirsty or were paid off I dont know but something is wrong here. All I know is the people of the state protested against the actions of the state and the states response was the riot team. That should explain well enough to you that we no longer have a voice in this country.

His last words were he was innocent. I believe him.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am utterly disgusted. There really isn't much more to say, a travesty has occurred and I detest the people who made it happen.

I don't care what crap I get for saying this - I'm far past caring any more. I hate the people who run America. They are evil incarnate. The sooner America falls the better for the rest of us.

Flame on, I could care less.

I'm going to go and throw up now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

..I'm an American.
I'm not going to flame you. I think the people that decided to put this man to death are guilty of murder.

Judgement: Life in prison.

I don't understand what makes it ok at all? What makes a gang of people killing someone they know is a murderer any different than a jury and judge killing someone they "know" is a murderer? Just an example here of course.
edit on 22-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Psychopaths know no bounds when it comes to indulging in vengeful blood lust.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join