It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Tests Radiation-negative, But Where’s It From?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CIFA) has deemed fish tested in the wake of the Japan nuclear disaster as radiation free, but will not divulge where samples were taken from.

According to the CFIA, results from 12 fish samples showed minimal detectable levels of the radioactive particles Cesium -134 and Cesium -137. The results are below Health Canada’s “actionable levels,” said CFIA spokesperson Mark Clarke. The CFIA released the results of its tests on Friday, September 16.

West Coast salmon migration routes are near waters that are feared contaminated with radioactive fallout from the nuclear reactor that was damaged by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan last spring. The agency did not answer repeated questions about where the samples were taken from in B.C., saying only that they were came from various processing stations.

Full story can be found here

Stó:lō Tribal Council fisheries advisor Ernie Crey said he is puzzled at the agency’s reticence about where the fish were taken from.the disasters happened in March, the fish did not return to spawn until now. when and where these samples came from is of huge concerns... timing and place are everything as potentially irradiated fish are only now returning to the pacific north west...

The CFIA says it will continue to monitor the situation but their evasiveness and lack of answers is making everyone suspicious up there... with good reason I might add

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

The results are below Health Canada’s “actionable levels,”

Yeah, I'm sure they are, after they raised the actionable levels subsequent to the plant disaster.
edit on 9/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm having trust issues with that too.

I really hate the idea that I'm going to -have- to buy a rad detector just to go shopping.

M.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You've got to learn the new language, newspeak, through which the article translates to simply "detectable levels", which of course is double plus ungood.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Radiation damage is a short time can not be removed

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Here is a 2 week old article about checking for radiation at the fisheries in Iwaki, Fukushima, Japan.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

The prefecture's federation of fisheries cooperative associations decided on Sept. 22 that local fisheries will continue to refrain from operations through October. The federation, however, started looking into the possibility of resuming the fishing of octopus, squid and other species whose levels of cesium are within the safety limit -- on an experimental basis. The federation will double the number of sampling survey ships to two and equip fisheries cooperative associations with five radiation measurement devices.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe in this Year the free living Salmon is not sooooooo radiated
because the Time he spend in the radiated part of the Sea was too short
but we don"t know how it will look alike in the next years!

I think the Japanese Food Safety Levels are lower than the Canadian
but maybe i read it wrong: www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca... air-water.cfm

It seems like our Levels are lower

Ergo: Eat Japanese Salmon

new topics

top topics

join