It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RPT665 - US possibly exporting CW precursors to Angola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The United States administration is required by Congress to prepare an annual report on military assistance, military exports, and military imports known as the "Section 655" report (after the section of the Foreign Assistance Act which requires it). This report provides the most detailed official accounting available of specific U.S. weapons systems exported or licensed for export to governments or private buyers around the world.

If this is meant to be a military export report; then why does it list (along with weapons and electronics) chemical agents and herbicides fro Angola to the tune of $US2.2m. Could these chemicals be used to initiate a CW program. I'll see if I can find out what types they are.

www.fas.org...

PS. I've just read on a bit more and have noticed that Australia has been bought roughly the same amounts.

I'm still curious as to why herbicides are classed as a military transfer and not civilian.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It seems that Angola isn't the only place that these chemicals are sold to. If anyone knows why they are classed military please post, I'm very curious about this ?

new topics

join