It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Approved to Add Tolls on Interstate 95

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll , with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .

"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.

"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

Virginia Approved to Add Tolls on Interstate 95

Virginia is the latest state along the I-95 corridor to get permission to add toll booths to collect fees to pay for upkeep of the Old Dominion State's portion of the federal highway.

Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, announced Monday that the Federal Highway Administration has granted preliminary approval to charge drivers for using the north-south corridor that spans more than 1,900 miles from Maine to Miami.

"I-95 is one of the most important and heavily traveled highway corridors in the country, linking population and commercial centers up and down the East Coast. Limited funds and growing capital and maintenance needs have led to deficient pavements and structures, congestion, higher crash density and safety concerns," McDonnell said, noting that the state is investing $4 billion in transportation over the next three years.

If you have means, this will be meaningless....if you don't, well...good luck getting there anytime soon.

No tax is more punitive than a toll on a public road. It's funny how we can spend billions on bailouts but our roads need YOUR help.

....oh, wait...the bailouts are your money too.

edit on 20-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I live in virginia and travel along 95 alllllll the time if not every month between richmond and Northern virginia.

Not cool mayng..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
just have to make use of an alternate rout
its just to much to much i say

star for bringing it to the boards atention
edit on 20-9-2011 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I know a way to create jobs audit every level of government, yea it will slow things down but aren't we moving backwards anyway, audit anything that touches tax money, this is ridiculous

what part of their job responsibilities are they doing? cause I'm not seeing it

these people are completely incompetent, I really don't know how much less complex it can get then maintaining roads that are already in place

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have paid tolls before, for years, I think.... on I-95 in VA.

Were they just for bridges? I remember throwing change into their baskets at the toll booths many times.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
just have to make use of an alternate rout
its just to much to much i say

star for bringing it to the boards atention

VA state route 17 and I-64 were always a popular alternative for me, mainly to avoid I-95 traffic.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
money, money, money. US folks dont be funny. just pay me honey!!!

top topics

join