It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO War Crimes In Libya ,Depleted Uranium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

In Desert Storm DU was used. I won't argue that, but, right after concerns were brought up about the possibility of health risks associated with it's use, the US and NATO replaced DU with Tungsten. The Harrier never fired 20mm DU rounds, to my knowledge the A-10 and the Apache were the only US aircraft shooting DU in Desert Storm. The only 20mm DU rounds that I know of are used by the CIWS system on Navy ships.

I am not denying the possibility of DU being found in Libya, I just believe that the title of this thread is inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When we attacked the Philippines and started the US-Philippine War, ole US Army General Smith said "kill everyone under 10 years old".

Why?

Nobody under 10 would know what you did.

That's all we have to do with Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya. Bring back ole General Smith's military tactic.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was only "Court Martial'd".....and asked by the President to merely retire.

Who's our new General Smith? Who's willing to hide a secret by killing everyone over there over 10 years old?

It's obvious the US used Depleted Uranium on Libya. We haven't been dropping Maytag washers to take out their armor/military/ bunkers.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

we will show there is the strong suspect that those missiles bring Depleted Uranium either as flight stabilizers in the wings, or as weight kinetic energy enhancer. In the last week of the conflict, A-10 airplanes were deployed, and those too are well known for using DU bullets.

First depleted uranium in cruse missiles as a flight stabilizer is not turned to fine dust by the warhead going off.
these are in the wing tips and at least 3+ feet from the nearest explosives. they may be broke up into a few pieces but not turned to dust.
The broken pieces can be recovered by someone with the right radioactive detection equipment and hand recovered.

The other use of DU in cruse missiles is in only in the warhead of nuclear weapon armed missiles and become part of the nuclear fireball.

I would have no problem picking up chunks of DU metal with my bare hands as its not that radioactive.
I had more radioactive material injected into me yesterday during the Nuclear (Thallium) Stress Test of my heart then i would get from picking up chunks of DU for a month.

Even handling uranium that is used in a reactor is not very dangerous before its been in a reactor.
that is when it gets 99.999% of its radioactivity. the US does not and never has used ‘reactor-depleted uranium in any of its weapons.
The chemical toxicity of depleted uranium is about a million times greater in vitro than its radiological hazard.
en.wikipedia.org...

The US military has been under orders for about the last 5 years to store and have ready DU ammo for guns but they are under orders not to use it for combat unless the enemy is also using it or its used for shipboard defence weapons like the phalanx guns where the rounds fall into the sea and then only for combat not for training.
Russia and China have very large stockpiles of DU weapons and are not being ask to destroy them.
only the US.
edit on 20-9-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

the US does not and never has used ‘reactor-depleted uranium in any of its weapons.

ehm..

how about nuclear bombs?

that must not be a weapon?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Do you even know what reactor-depleted uranium is?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

well i thought i did.

obviously not because you're going to school me right now

enlighten me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join