It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Deficit-Reduction Plan Allows Federal Debt Collectors To Contact People On Their Cellphones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Obama Deficit-Reduction Plan Would Allow Federal Debt Collectors To Contact People On Their Cellphones

President Obama isn't leaving a single couch cushion unturned in his effort to lower the deficit. A new proposal by the White House would allow collectors pursuing a government-backed debt -- which includes most mortgages, unpaid taxes and federal loans -- to contact people via their cellphones, in an effort to secure every last nickel and dime from taxpayers.

On page 28 of the president's deficit-reduction plan released Monday, federal agencies would be allowed to call people's cellphones to collect debts -- an attempt to reach the increasing number of Americans who are ditching landlines for mobile phones:

Allow agencies to contact delinquent debtors via their cellular phones. The Administration also proposes to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to facilitate collection of debts owed to or guaranteed by the Federal Government, by facilitating contact of delinquent debtors who are most readily reached on their cell phones. This provision is expected to provide substantial increases in collections, particularly as an increasing share of households no longer have landlines and rely instead on cell phones.

This ought to be an interesting thread discussion.

edit on 20-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
will they also twist this new addition to use the cell phone information to locate the poeple using signal trangulation too?

I bet they dooooooo!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I'm very sure there will be an app for that.

Puts a whole new meaning behind the words, "I got your number."

I guess all that worry about the government forcing people to where location collars is complete nonsense. We do it willingly...with our cell phones.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

A perfect oppourtunity to get rid of cell phones.
Since I'm going to refuse to pay into the Obama healthcare protection racket, they can just use the USPS to notify- whooops! aren't THEY going broke as well?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
so the dirty pigs in Government can make laws for their minions under their payroll to come after citizens, but their personal phone numbers are not available for the voters to tell them what a whole bunch of corporate whores they are and how they are taking this nation into the crapper.

Like I always say, what can you expect when the big crocks wants to go after the smaller crocks but the biggest ones make the laws.

And people think America is the nation of the great, yeah the great corruption.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wanna save some bucks?End 2 wars,disband useless and reduntent government agencies,departments and positions.And burn down the federal reserve and end foreign handouts to start.Whats next,debters prisons?
edit on 20-9-2011 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Buy another sim and keep the old one on ICE.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What an increadible cluster-hump of a shIt show this is turning into.

Nice, though, that they can pull the levers from behind their 'curtain' and get us all fighting among ourselves while they suck the last few gulps of sweet tea from the glass!!!!

Peckerheads.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Nice, though, that they can pull the levers from behind their 'curtain' and get us all fighting among ourselves while they suck the last few gulps of sweet tea from the glass!!!!

slavery 2.0 rise of the invisible shackles
edit on 20-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They are so unafraid nowadays they just come right out and tell you "We are going to screw you and there is nothing you can do about it!". TPTB really seem to want to push us into a position where it's either fight with pitchforks and muskets or give in and become proles, subservient to our government in every way. They really don't care what we think as it is immaterial to them.

Nice going, Obama. As if we weren't poor enough, we need new laws so the bankers can take the last few pennies I have in my pocket. I'm really looking forward to new levels of harassment from the collection agencies, as they are ruthless to start with. They didn't need more ways to harass people but now they got it, woo hoo. I can't wait until I get hundreds of phone calls every day, that will so make my day. It's just what I was looking for, more intrusions into my life. Who needs all those pesky rights and freedoms anyway? I sure don't, at least as my government tells me, because I surely need more harassing phone calls from people trying to illegally bilk me out of money.

They are too big to fail, anyway, so why do they need my money?

Seems to me, just me honest opinion, that they won't stop until we stop them. Every day it just gets worse and worse and we are just supposed to put up with it? Give up all our freedoms and rights so the government can have them all? We can't change anything with elections, we can't do it with letters, phone calls to representatives, town hall meetings, protests, whatever it is it doesn't work.

They don't listen to us, so I don't see how we can change the system without resorting to violence.

Change we can believe in, huh? How's THAT working out? Excuse me while I vomit now.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My cell phone is in a business name.

Lets me write off the cost and keeps people from finding out who they are calling by looking up cell phone records.

If done right even the government will not know for sure who is carrying the phone.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Ditto..............................you under state the situation but we have to be weary of the dreaded MODS

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was the cel phone registry the government keeps pushing. I also wonder where these call centers will be located, of if they will be automated. This will just end up adding to the large bureaucracy and cost to sustain the bloated deficit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
pay your bills

or simply take the call and explain why you can't

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Obama new job creation "Federal funded call centers to go after those that do not pay bills" this is just hilarious.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A minute ago I was reading an article regarding on this issue. For sure no one wants to be contacted by the debt collectors, especially on your cell phone while your busy doing something. But because of Administration proposal allows federal debt collectors to call cell phones , debt collectors can legally contact you on your cell phone. Well I guess this newly made proposal would be a big help to solve the tremendous unpaid debt that the country is facing now.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The Obama administration's deficit reduction program, if approved, will allow debt collectors to call cell phones of debtors with delinquent federally-backed loans. These debts contain back taxes, most mortgages and government school loans. Currently, debt collectors are only permitted to call landline home telephones.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Plan Allows Federal Debt Collectors To Contact People On Their Cellphones.
reply to post by loam

Can they also call everyone in the government over the trillion dollar deficit they put us in?

new topics

top topics

join