It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 million people urged to evacuate typhoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Japan typhoon: About 80,000 residents have been ordered to flee and more than 1 million people were urged to evacuate Nagoya, a city in central Japan, Tuesday as a typhoon was expected to hit the area.

Poor Japan. Their emergency operations teams must be worn to the bone.

cnn

Now what is interesting is only 60 people have evacuated. It just goes to show no matter the place in the world and the culture, people just don't like to leave when a massive storm with 115 mph winds are barreling down on you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
We did this one just an hour ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I feel so very sorry for the people of Japan. I think they are just so worn out by disaster, they are numb to the thought of "evacuating" once again. I know I would be. Also, they haven't been on the receiving end of the best thought out plans by their government in the recent past. Trust must be at an all time low for these poor people, shuffled from one evacuation center to the next, with no real solution in sight.

My prayers for Japan, and her people...

Des

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

k, i looked, didnt see it, my bad.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Where would they evacuate to? The people of japan have suffered so much, alot of people probably gave up hope and said whatever happens, happens. My thoughts and prayers are with them.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join