It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Ad by the Swifties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ZeddicusZulZorander, go to Kerry's website, his records are on it! You ask for him to release them, guess what!? HE DID!

Sorry, ignorance at work makes me mad. Kerry has had his record up for about a month on his site. I have seen his record. He never pulled any Kahn or bs like that. The swifties need to tell the truth and stop taking orders from Bush&Co.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Actually it could be a male bee also, or pubic hair.

Just leave it to interpretation. So if somebody wants to get away with it, he or she can claim any of the different meanings. Ha, ha, ha,

perhaps ATS will have to regulate the language spoken by members as Engish been the only one

[edit on 25-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
ZeddicusZulZorander, go to Kerry's website, his records are on it! You ask for him to release them, guess what!? HE DID!

Is it all there? My bad then, I thought he had still kept some stuff out. I stand corrected.

See? That is what I think makes for good discussion. Either side can learn new things. I can admit that. But every Democrat here seems to come out with name-calling, propaganda, etc... and can never, ever, EVER admit to conceed a single point.

Now, why worry so much about 200K being spent saying he is a bad guy versus the 5 MILLION being spent on the Democratic side? I have asked that like 5 times today on various threads. Seems the Democrats ignore that one every time.

Guess they like to spend the money and play in the mud, but when one group seems to really hit home...then the "stop it or I'll sue you big meanies" is all that comes out. Like I said, I know many Kerry fans and they are all thinking he is a joke because he says nothing.

Vote for Kerry, he's not Bush. Great campaign.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Zed, you didn't know? Damn, sorry for coming on so harsh. I saw the commercials for the site and thought it was played everywhere.

But yes, most people use name calling, so forth. But no need to use names.

And yes, the 527's that support Kerry are funded more than the ones that support Bush. But the ones that support Bush are lieing and have been caught.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Vote for Kerry, he's not Bush. Great campaign.

What good has Bush(Rove) done? Can you name ONE thing? And please don't say he is a strong wartime president, first of all leadership should not be based on how well your administration kills people, second Bush never served in a war, I'm not gonna go as far as to say he was AWOL because personally, I have no proof, but I do know he has seen NO combat whatsoever, which should be a requirement before one makes a decision to send kids into war. But back to the burning question that was posed by a good president from your party, are we better off know than we were four years ago? Please, inform us Kerry supporters one thing Bush has done to deserve our votes.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
People when you are going to get in your brains that Kerry does not have anything to hide.

Only bush does.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well it�s seems Mr. Ginsberg has come clean so to speak ,

Bush Campaign Chief Outside Lawyer Resigns
Ginsberg Acknowledged Advising Anti-Kerry Veterans Group

His remarks were first reported by the Associated Press. He said he did not participate in strategy planning or in the development of messages, and did not discuss Bush campaign activities with the Swift boat veterans, or vice versa

but now he has said

that he also was providing legal advice to the veterans group working to discredit Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's war record.

Bush Campaign Chief Outside Lawyer Resigns
Ginsberg Acknowledged Advising Anti-Kerry Veterans Group
Ginsberg's resignation followed the Bush campaign's dismissal Saturday of a volunteer on its veterans steering committee who appeared in a Swift boat veterans ad. The campaign said retired Col. Kenneth Cordier had not previously disclosed his participation with the Swift boat group.
Ginsberg's dual role became known Tuesday evening in an Associated Press story. It was seized upon by the Kerry campaign as evidence the president's campaign is orchestrating a "smear" by the private group

More

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by marg6043
And ZeddicusZulZorander with all your respect only in certains part of latin america it is considered bad on others is just an every day word.

So I guess if in my country, or city, or town, or office...a word is an everyday word, then it is ok and should not be taken as offensive? I could call people anything I wish?

I understand what you are saying, but even by you're own admission...it is the same as "idiot". So again...my original question is valid.

"idiota" would be idiot. "pendejo" is equivalent to "doodoo head" in it's seriousness & derisivness. Spanish varies widely among regions; I'm not sure what a "vato" is? Is it derisive? "Pato" would be.
Why would I apologize on a subject such as this? There are no "perspectives" - Kerry's a decorated war hero being slandered by a Republican group working for the Bush campaign since the 2000 race, now hiding behind a tax status categorization and warping it's intent. He protested a businessman's war of first choice that he was pimped in, just like our military today.

Can we get a denouncement and a focus on the issues from the Bush team? Or, are we in for more of the 11th hour suspect bow to reason, such as Dick Cheney reminding us that his daughtr is gay and that , despite what he's campaigned for & what Bush promises the bible thumpers we'll get, he's for
states deciding if homosexuals can marry? Seeing that & the fact that the Republicans are coming to my city in Moderate clothing ( all the key speakers are not of the party power blocks), are any GOP's calling out the hypocricy?

Marge: My comprehension is much better than my verbal and I'm not as talented as you are with English.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Kerry has had everything up on his website from the get go; you can link to a download addressing every plan for every issue.
Bush has a complicit corporate media at his beck & call; 527's are a mnor afterthought.
Need an illustration? Surface skimmers, as most Americans are, rather go with the marketed & managed sound byte that Kerry has no plans, has not laid them out & is either running solely as "not Bush" or as "Mr. Vietnam".

The Republican talking points, you know the ones, where they don the sack cloth garment and beat their chest wailing over "propaganda" & name calling & "hatefests", are now, and have always been, laughed out of the room by everyone except your true believers in Saint Dick. You've got an administration that is on mic & record in calling folks some of the most derisive names ( at a presidential podium & on the floor of the Senate) in modern history. No one has used propaganda like this since the days of the SS. Bu that's been a party trademark since Nixon: swear the opposition is doing what your knee deep in.

BTW: I wish it was a deeper thought, but the "anybody but Bush" voters will bury Georgie Boy & I'll be happy to thake them!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Bout Time,

Your are doing just fine with the words just keep them coming it will be only between you and me.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hatefest? you must be talking about moveon.org. face-it, If Kerry wants the swifties to stop, why don't he ask his 527's to stop thier attacks on Bush. Oh I forget, only the Democrates can hate and get away with it. You guys are a real piece of work. you demand that Bush stop the Swifties while you give more and more to Democratic 527's like moveon.org. You are the hate mongerers.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How the F*** do you get not 1 not 2 but 3 Purple Hearts and not miss ONE SINGLE DAY of duty?

Oh I suggest every Republican get a copy of "The New Soldier" and let a pro Kerry Vet read it .

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"Since February, the White House has banned all Guard and military commanders outside the Pentagon from commenting on Bush's records or service. Requests for information must go to the Pentagon's Freedom of Information Act office. The Pentagon last week responded to a 4-month-old request from USA TODAY for additional records from Bush's files by sending another copy of documents that were released by the White House in February. The documents do not address the unexplained year in Bush's Guard service or his decision to stop flying."

- This USA Today story tells you everything you need to know about the real reason why Bush and Rove had to spend big bucks to cloud the public perception of Kerry's admirable military service.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
3 Purple Hearts and not even a day of light duty?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Apollyon,

So how many medals you have for serving this country?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Lets face it...both parties are the embodiment of EVIL...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon

About Kerry�s Purple Hearts And Reassignment

www.freerepublic.com...

Kerry experienced his first intense combat action on Dec. 2, 1968, when he "semi-volunteered for, was semi-drafted" for a risky covert mission in which he essentially was supposed to "flush out" the enemy, using a little Boston Whaler named "Batman."
A larger backup craft was called "Robin."

Unfortunately, Robin had engine trouble, and Batman's exit was delayed until the boats could depart in unison. The Batman crew encountered some Viet Cong, engaged in a firefight, and Kerry was slightly wounded on his arm, earning his first Purple Heart on his first day of serious action

But Kerry went back in the rivers. Indeed, it was after this meeting that he began his most deadly round of combat. Within days of the Saigon meeting, he joined a five-man crew on swift boat No. 94 on a series of missions in which he won the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, and two of his three Purple Hearts.

Starting in late January 1969, this crew completed 18 missions over an intense and dangerous 48 days, almost all of them in the dense jungles of the Mekong Delta.

The most intense action came during an extraordinary eight days of more than 10 firefights, remembered by Kerry's crew as the "days of hell."
On Feb. 20, 1969, Kerry earned his second Purple Heart after sustaining a shrapnel wound in his left thigh.
couple of weeks later, on March 13, 1969, a mine detonated near Kerry's boat, wounding Kerry in the right arm, according to the citation written by Zumwalt.

Kerry had been wounded three times and received three Purple Hearts. Asked about the severity of the wounds, Kerry said that one of them cost him about two days of service, and that the other two did not interrupt his duty. "Walking wounded," as Kerry put it. A shrapnel wound in his left arm gave Kerry pain for years. Kerry declined a request from the Globe to sign a waiver authorizing the release of military documents that are covered under the Privacy Act and that might shed more light on the extent of the treatment Kerry needed as a result of the wounds.

"There were an awful lot of Purple Hearts -- from shrapnel, some of those might have been M-40 grenades," said Elliott, Kerry's commanding officer. "The Purple Hearts were coming down in boxes. Kerry, he had three Purple Hearts. None of them took him off duty. Not to belittle it, that was more the rule than the exception."

But Kerry thought he had seen and done enough. The rules, he said, allowed a thrice-wounded soldier to return to the United States immediately. So Kerry went to talk to Commodore Charles F. Horne, an administrative official and commander of the coastal squadron in which Kerry served. Horne filled out a document on March 17, 1969, that said Kerry "has been thrice wounded in action while on duty incountry Vietnam. Reassignment is requested ... as a personal aide in Boston, New York, or Wash., D.C. area."
The Boston Globe
www.boston.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As long as we're gonna dwell on the past, who was it that was snorting coke and driving drunk? Oh yeah, Bush. If we're talking about gauging somebodies current decision making skills on the past (which Kerry's is in question, Bush's is not, it's a fact he did those things), why are these little indiscretions overlooked? I remember Clinton catching hell for his "I didn't inhale" statement. Taking a bong hit or driving drunk and endangering lives numerous times (his driving record in TX is sealed last I heard), hmmm which is worse? I'd say driving drunk by FAR. As for the SBVfT, I don't believe their story for a minute, they have no proof, in fact all the proof is against them, all they have is eyewitness accounts from 35 yrs ago, from witnesses that up until this point had been singing a different tune, why are Bush supporters so gullible?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It he Good Conduct medal and Navy Acheivment medal. Sorry I was in during Reagan..How many do you have?

Originally posted by marg6043
Apollyon,

So how many medals you have for serving this country?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In his records he posted on his website it show days of duty missed as zero it that period's fitness report. ??? Even so if the article quoted is corect he had 2 days off for 3 Purple Hearts??? Fishy??? The Bronze and Silver Star awards are very subjective and the CO's opinion, the question is how did he made these(the PH's) fly?

Originally posted by Sauron

Originally posted by Apollyon

About Kerry�s Purple Hearts And Reassignment

www.freerepublic.com...

Kerry experienced his first intense combat action on Dec. 2, 1968, when he "semi-volunteered for, was semi-drafted" for a risky covert mission in which he essentially was supposed to "flush out" the enemy, using a little Boston Whaler named "Batman."
A larger backup craft was called "Robin."

Unfortunately, Robin had engine trouble, and Batman's exit was delayed until the boats could depart in unison. The Batman crew encountered some Viet Cong, engaged in a firefight, and Kerry was slightly wounded on his arm, earning his first Purple Heart on his first day of serious action

But Kerry went back in the rivers. Indeed, it was after this meeting that he began his most deadly round of combat. Within days of the Saigon meeting, he joined a five-man crew on swift boat No. 94 on a series of missions in which he won the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, and two of his three Purple Hearts.

Starting in late January 1969, this crew completed 18 missions over an intense and dangerous 48 days, almost all of them in the dense jungles of the Mekong Delta.

The most intense action came during an extraordinary eight days of more than 10 firefights, remembered by Kerry's crew as the "days of hell."
On Feb. 20, 1969, Kerry earned his second Purple Heart after sustaining a shrapnel wound in his left thigh.
couple of weeks later, on March 13, 1969, a mine detonated near Kerry's boat, wounding Kerry in the right arm, according to the citation written by Zumwalt.

Kerry had been wounded three times and received three Purple Hearts. Asked about the severity of the wounds, Kerry said that one of them cost him about two days of service, and that the other two did not interrupt his duty. "Walking wounded," as Kerry put it. A shrapnel wound in his left arm gave Kerry pain for years. Kerry declined a request from the Globe to sign a waiver authorizing the release of military documents that are covered under the Privacy Act and that might shed more light on the extent of the treatment Kerry needed as a result of the wounds.

"There were an awful lot of Purple Hearts -- from shrapnel, some of those might have been M-40 grenades," said Elliott, Kerry's commanding officer. "The Purple Hearts were coming down in boxes. Kerry, he had three Purple Hearts. None of them took him off duty. Not to belittle it, that was more the rule than the exception."

But Kerry thought he had seen and done enough. The rules, he said, allowed a thrice-wounded soldier to return to the United States immediately. So Kerry went to talk to Commodore Charles F. Horne, an administrative official and commander of the coastal squadron in which Kerry served. Horne filled out a document on March 17, 1969, that said Kerry "has been thrice wounded in action while on duty incountry Vietnam. Reassignment is requested ... as a personal aide in Boston, New York, or Wash., D.C. area."
The Boston Globe
www.boston.com...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Apollyon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join