It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Officially Said They Have Control Of 7 Ton Sat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
well heres the video i saw this morning where Nasa Said it has FULL control off the satellite and for no one to worry...then the guy at the end goes and says they have no control of it......wth >.<

cnn.com

dear nasa please make up your mind ither you do or you dont have control which is it!
edit on Tue Sep 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I argued in another thread that instead of this whole large area it is said the flying steel brick could come down in, that NASA could calculate a much narrower window and give us a smaller possible crash target.Phage told me that yes, they can do this if it was a controlled re-entry.

Perhaps they do have control of it and just don't want to say where it will come down so they protect themselves and their liability by saying it's not a controlled re-entry and could break up and come down anywhere. Perhaps they have some control of it but just not enough control.. they are afraid to make a guess if directing it's re-entry window will work or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

something definitely doesn't add up.. about this satellite thing..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sweepstakes! Place bets now.

Which country is going to 'get it'? Who's it gonna be? Where does the target fall?

I think Iran might be too obvious.

st.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
the link is just bringing up the latest news reports.

what is the exact name of the clip you are talking about.

i can only find one with a cnn reporter and a web commentator talking about the impact. cant see one with NASA??

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
-hmmm yeah, somebody definitely has carte blanche on friday...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Call me crazy but my guess is it's landing in or near Japan.

With everything they've already been through, why not add 1 more historical event to the list..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
well heres the video i saw this morning where Nasa Said it has FULL control off the satellite

The link you have given to the video is malformed.
CNN Video

After watching it, all they give is a second hand report of a quote in the Washington Post.

The Washington Post article HERE has only that single sentence quote with no context, nor other words from him.

I'm just going to call this one very poor journalism, and a quote taken out of context.
NASA dont have any control, as *that very same article* cites from Nicholas John­son, chief sci­entist for orbital debris at NASA.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So when this satellite crashes to Earth and just so happens to land right in the middle of Iran's nuclear power plant, does this mean we can officially blame NASA?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is it wrong to hope that it falls somewhere in the vicinity of - or on top of - Congress?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
nostradamus may have implied something will land on france..

but then again, he would

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i think the only countries at risk are in africa, or russia.

possibly turkey/greece

there's a thread on ats with the flight path

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
Is it wrong to hope that it falls somewhere in the vicinity of - or on top of - Congress?

It's going to break up into 20 something pieces, so heck no that's not wrong. If we are lucky it will take out Congress, The White House, and the FDA too.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Danger: 7 ton satellite falling uncontrollably to earth

Worse danger: NASA having control of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

Umm, no, not at all. I can actually see it now. If NASA can gain control of this satellite, then they will say some rogue group can also. When this thing crashes into a major American city we will say that N. Korea, China, Iran, hell pick any number of countries, used their secret technology to hijack the satellite and direct it at the U.S..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Stop being so selfish. At least spare a chunk for Westminster during a sitting so we get them all.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think it will land on Greece. Luck has left our side for a while...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Are any of the bookmakers taking odds? i'm willing to wager it lands in the sea somewhere, I sincerely hope it doesnt hit any built up areas. Good luck Never A Straight Answer - i got a feeling you are going to need it!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
so why is it called UARS ?

Ah I know why, so when it crashes on a major city and wipes out some unsuspecting people NASA can turn to their lead mission planner and say :-

U-ARS-sole you screwed up

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I thought the large bus-sized satellites were the ones that were nuclear powered. I know Russia has them up in space, and I'm fairly certain the U.S. does too. I recall reading a couple of years ago that the really big satellites that were bus-sized were, in fact, nuclear powered, but I cannot find any references to it now. Odd. I know I'm not imagining things. Seven tons of metal falling from space...let's hope there's no radiation or explosions involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join