It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool FC Player Under Investigation After Claiming On Twitter 9/11 Was Not A Attack By Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I was reading my local newspaper's website online and seen this.

A YOUNG Liverpool FC striker was today under investigation by the club after claiming 9/11 was not the work of terrorists. Reserve team striker Nathan Eccleston, 20, has caused outrage after his posting on Twitter on the 10th anniversary of the atrocity. In it, he claimed the attacks were "an accident" and that he believed the "Illuminati" – a shadowy society spread across the world – were responsible.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk... -11-was-not-the-work-of-terrorists-100252-29416719/

So the American Owners are obviously not happy at this statement,and have started investigating him.
But, seriously why should he be under investigation by his team for posting what he believes is the truth on his own twitter page.

So much for free speech

But yeah just thought i would share this for anybody that is interested.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You link gives me a 404 message from the site you linked.

Interesting new's.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I thought they said a few days after he tweeted it that they weren't going to do anything. Afterall, it's up to him what he believes and shares with his fans, not someone else!

If i tweeted something about 9/11 at my work and the gaffer saw it he wouldn't bat an eyelid.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This has been posted before, but yeah it's strange that they are investigating.

I mean, would they be doing the same if he'd said "JFK killed by CIA"...?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

yeah the link sort of split in 2 when i pasted it just copy the text that runs after the link from the OP then when you click the link paste the rest of the text into the url too , sorry about that

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Free speech ain't really free and common sense isn't all that common...

It doe's seem a little strange they are investigating, at the end of the day he's entitled to his opinion although I can see why his comments are distasteful.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

yeh i seen this in paper,it blew me away abit to see the word "illuminati" in the msm. its just nazi england when you cant have an opinion,i be surprised if this kids football career goes any further.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
While you do have the right to say anything you want, you also have to accept the consequences.

I can’t say I have ever heard of someone getting a job via Twitter.
But I have heard of several people losing jobs via Twitter.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

well alot of "fans" have called for him to never wear a Liverpool shirt again, and to be sacked for his comments,

An LFC spokesman said: "The club takes this matter extremely seriously and senior club officials have informed Nathan Eccleston that we are undertaking an investigation into the circumstances surrounding these postings and will decide on an appropriate course of action."

Fans were split over the striker’s actions.

Some took to internet message boards to defend him as "only young", saying he was allowed to voice an opinion. But most slammed him, with some calling for him to never wear the shirt again and others labelling him as "idiotic, misinformed and basically stupid".

Either way he should not lose his "job" over this. Imagine if your boss seen a comment that you had made on lets just say facebook, saying you thought 9/11 was a inside job, and then he went and suspended you , pending a investigation into your comments.

It Is Outrageous , everybody is entitled to their own opinion weather the persons/s involved are a sports star , a " celebrity" , a police officer or just regular joe bloggs.
edit on 20-9-2011 by johngtr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I respect him for using his high profile position to help spread what he believes is the truth. He should have known though, even fast food restaurants can fire you for your actions away from work. Most employers make each employee sign a disclaimer or behavior policy form, sorry can't think of the exact word.

As for blaming it on the Illuminati...

I hope they let this guy off with a public apology. Or I hope he has made enough money to live comfortable, because he may never play another game in that league again.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think this is happening because we're so close to [past] the 9/11 anniversary.

This happened in April, nobody would care.
edit on 20-9-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

it puts it all into perspective when football players go out get drunk have a fight,get caught snorting coke,have sex with their "best friends wife" and nothing really happens (im not saying it should,what these folks get up to in their spare time is upto them) but this kid has an opinion on his twitter page and hes now under investigation! it makes my head spin lol

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm sure I read somewhere that what he had tweeted was misrepresented and that his employers have since stated that they have absolutely no problem with what he said.

Unfortunately I can't remember where or when I read it so, apologies, no link etc.

I think it's refreshing that a youngster in his position is even aware of such things let alone publicly voicing his opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I am not sure although any links for this would be appreciated.

I do know that the original comments that he posted onto twitter has been removed,
so i do not know the "exact wording" that he used, although my source - the liverpool echo states him as tweeting

"I aint going to say attack don’t let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it. O.T.I.S."

OTIS stands for ‘Only The Illuminati Succeed’.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think it's just an easy way to get rid of a player who is surplus at the moment. I don't think the kid should be fired or anything. But Babel raged on twitter one time and just got fined... so I'm thinking it's because he hasn't got a future with L.F.C.

KK knows what he's doing

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
So the American Owners are obviously not happy at this statement,and have started investigating him.
But, seriously why should he be under investigation by his team for posting what he believes is the truth on his own twitter page.

So much for free speech

Something tells me there's a heck of a lot more to the story than what this guy is saying, because far as these conspiracy stories are concerned there's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS something more to the story than what they're saying. Case in point- some photographer who worked at ground zero found out he was going to be arrested, so he skipped the country, went to Argentina and applied for political asylum on the grounds that he had "undisclosed insider information" that 9/11 was an inside job and that he was being politically persecuted. Of course, the little matter of his murdering his wife and his confessing that he murdered his wife to a friend has absolutely nothing to do with it. Plus, his finding and marrying an Argentine national only a week after he got there isn't suspicious in the least, nor is the fact that after all these years he has yet to produce this "inside information" to anybody. Right.

Watch, this guy from Liverpool will probably be found to have been embezzling money from someone and he's trying to play the same "he's being persecuted" card to cover it up.

top topics

join