It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb blast rocks Turkish capital: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Bomb blast rocks Turkish capital: report

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - A bomb blast rocked the center of the Turkish capital Ankara on Tuesday and some media reports said two people were killed, while a local mayor said nobody was dead but three people were seriously wounded.

Police were not immediately available for comment, but a TV station reported that the explosion had occurred in a minibus.

Television images showed several parked cars ablaze in front of a local state authority's offices, while a plume of thick smoke rose over the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
All the tension considering the area, and now thiss... hope it won't trigger something bigger in the area.

Cyprus, Israel, Kurds, Syria, tension with Greece, gas drilling, Turks becoming more and mored radical and so on... this area seems like a most posslible flashpoint at this time.

News report that most likely a minibus was struck. That would mean a terrorist attack.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not good, my initial recation would that it could be the PKK in revenge for the attacks on the Kurds recently. However, it coould also be a number of other groups. I hope no one died.

I think your right with your assumptions of a flash point there, lets hope its not. Thanks for the thread I had not seen this covered yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Turkey is not Islamic enough.

The jihad will continue in Turkey until they oust the current government and implement Sharia law. Just as is happening in Egypt as their military is now being outmaneuvered by the jihadis.

And all of it coaxed along by America under the new policy of "Gitmo" or "Git Mo" or "Get Mohammed".

Every single Islamic power is a target of this new policy. Unrest in muslim countries will increase and remain a "nagging" problem for their leaders for the foreseeable future. While Americans complain about lack of high-speed internet for poor kids, people in targeted islamic areas will be starving and living in utter fear.

To stop the pain:
- Stop the Jihad
- Stop killing apostates
- Stop sharia law

Three impossible reforms which oddly enough will determine the fate of Islamic culture. Evolve or perish. America is here to help.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

It amazes me that Turkey, while exterminating the poor Kurds, criticise Israel for their treatment of Palestinians. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Notice how any State that moan too much about Israel get these kind of terrorist attacks. Just an observation.

Was it MOSSAD? Was it Kurdish Freedom Fighters? Was it Islamic Extremists because Turkey is not Islamic enough? Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

don't forget the armeanians.

turkey is a bad bet.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My money is on Mossad. Mossad are one of the key suspects imo, mainly due to the theme that no one #s with Israel. Israels are the radical bunch that believe they can do anything and get away with doing what they want.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wow, it sure didn't take long for Israel to be thrown into the lame blame game.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Too right!
There are so many possibilities. The Secret Services have never been so blessed with the multitude of scapegoats available.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just when Turkey starts supporting Palestine and cuts all relations with Israel, they have a terrorist attack.

Is it me or these "Islamic and Kurd Militants" are angry with Turkey cutting relations with Israel and supporting Palestine?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Wow, it sure didn't take long for Israel to be thrown into the lame blame game.

Yes, but that is because they act the way they do. They take out anyone from any country who they deem a threat to their State. We know this because even the major news networks inform us (like the fake passports stuff,etc).

Israel could easily have been involved in this. We will never know. They are just one contender for the status of culprit, and one that should be taken seriously. I'm half-Jewish, I am not anti Israeli. Quite the contrary, infact. Yet I see no good coming out of this political situation. Israeli policy will be the doom of Israel.

Just my stance. It is just I cannot stand the killing anymore. It is not worth it for all these casualties on both sides. It can't go on like this. One day America will not be as powerful as today. When that happens Israel will be walked all over by the Arabs. Arabic people never forget and revenge is part of their collective psyche, as it is with Israel. A diminished U.S alongside a mighty China who backs the Arabs would mean the end of Israel. Please understand that power balances change. In one or two or three hundred years so many changes happen in the world.

Israel need to persue diplomacy and make some friends in the world. Anti Israeli feeling in the world is huge. They are not liked. The reason for this is their influence in world banking, manipulating wars and economic booms and collapse. There are real reasons for the bad feeling. It has to be addressed.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

ya but who can blame them?

they are being openly threatened every day!

lol!

it's a wonder they haven't wiped every one out.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

The current Turkish government headed by Ergodan is in fact much more Islamic than any previous government. He is taking Turkey far away from the secularism that was Ataturk's legacy. For this reason I doubt it is Islamic terrorists that did this.

Recent tensions between Turkey and Israel would cause me to speculate that Mossad may have had a part in it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I read that Turkey was considering going to war with Israel.

Perhaps this was a black ops mission by Israel to make it look like a lunatic bomber from some other middle eastern country attacked them.

Remember Israel did invade a Turkish aide flotilla and killed 9 people on that ship. Then Israel lied about it changing their story several times when the video was analyzed.
edit on 20-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
My money is on Mossad. Mossad are one of the key suspects imo, mainly due to the theme that no one #s with Israel. Israels are the radical bunch that believe they can do anything and get away with doing what they want.

Isn't it too coincidence such things happened whenever Turkey is in tension with others (especially United States and Israel)?

I still recalled many years back Turkey was hit with bomb explosions after Turkish government rejected US allies forces to station their troops in Turkey (to attack Iraq) during Muslim fasting month Ramadhan.

We are not dumb. CIA, Mossad and/or Mi6 are involved in this recent bombings.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

ya but who can blame them?

they are being openly threatened every day!

lol!

it's a wonder they haven't wiped every one out.

I hear you loud and clear. I spent a month in Israel and I really loved the place and the people. Somehow policy has got to change, though. This is not working. Their enemies are multiplying and not going away.

The U.N is the only real answer. Yet they never do what they are supposed to do.

For all my sins, if it were me calling any shots I would give Palestine a State. I would cease from too much MOSSAD activity. War can never make peace. Only peace can make peace.

The whole situation stinks. Everyone has been dragged into this. My only sincere motive in this is that Israelis and Muslims don't have to die like this anymore. In Israel you would be suprised how many young people you see with disabilities because of the conflict; the walking wounded. Sad to have seen this.

How ironic when the words Shalom and Salaam mean the same thing! PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Turkey has been waiting for their official invitation to the big dance. They may have just received it. Whether this is a legitimate attack or an amateur false flag. Turkey has been speaking tough lately. They have had a massive shake up in the upper echelon of their military.

This is not good folks. Not good.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

The current Turkish government headed by Ergodan is in fact much more Islamic than any previous government. He is taking Turkey far away from the secularism that was Ataturk's legacy. For this reason I doubt it is Islamic terrorists that did this.

Recent tensions between Turkey and Israel would cause me to speculate that Mossad may have had a part in it.

You make a great point. I say inside job and point the finger at Mossad. The fingers always get pointed at Mossad. No reason for Israel to provoke WWIII in their back yard. They no longer have any allies in the neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here is the first Video shot of it the bomb.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To soon to call out names. The attack just happened and immediately the thread starts lighting up with false-flags, Israel, and the Mossad? As I have said in the past, a bug farts in the Middle East and it is either the Mossad or Israel. Lets relax here, and see what they uncover after the investigation. I am certain a thorough investigation will commence quiet shortly, because no one bombs a public place without having to answer for it.

top topics

join