It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces 'Forbidden NO GO Zones'...On Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think "the hindu" is ok. There's also a youtube clip floating out there explaining it. Both have "science" as their source, and the abstract on "science" indicates they are referring correctly. (you have to pay to read the whole article)

Also note, that this is more in the form of an appeal than a law. NASA knows very well it does not own the moon.

-Still, pretty fishy, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
All they are doing is asking for other countries to respect historical sites on the moon. Sites that are important not just for NASA and the U.S but the whole world. From something that simple its being blown up into some kind of huge issue with nasa claiming ownership of the moon and other nonsense. A lot of you people need to lay off the dope or ask your doctors for some antipsychotic meds.....
edit on 20-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I can think of a few posibilities why this has been done:

1. NASA never went to the Moon and if people fly over the Apollo "landing sites" then this will finally be proven as fact.

2. There truly are alien structures on the Moon and NASA does not want them discovered by some civilian organization giving tours.

3. An intelligent species inhabits our Moon and NASA has been warned off regarding their "airspace".

Regardless of the true reason that NASA has imposed no-fly-zones over the Moon, it's all a bit odd and should only raise suspicions.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
All they are doing is asking for other countries to respect historical sites on the moon. Sites that are important not just for NASA and the U.S but the whole world. From something that simple its being blown up into some kind of huge issue with nasa claiming ownership of the moon and other nonsense. A lot of you people need to lay off the dope or ask your doctors for some antipsychotic meds.....
edit on 20-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

If you think that's all there is to it, you are are welcome to that belief. But don't accuse others of being dopeheads and psychotics because they don't agree with your perception of the world.
edit on 9/20/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I can see no other explanation as to why people are seeing conspiracy where none exists, can you? maybe they are just bored now that elenin has been totally de-bunked, and need something new to sensationalize with no supporting evidence?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The folks I know who worked on human lunar return had been telling me for years that they had been astonished and terrified with the results of their lunar dust thruster-propelled sandblasting studies, based on analysis of the Surveyor hardware retrieved by Apollo-12. They discovered that with exhaust speeds of 10,000 fps, a vehicle's descent engine would create an extremely damaging flux of very corrosive lunar dust grains for miles in all directions.

Forget the pretty artist-concept pictures of moon bases with supply ships landing on pads a hundred meters from habitats and surface rovers and spacesuited crewmembers. These folks found out -- to their shock -- that even a single landing by a large vehicle could sandblast structures to smithereens. This idea had never been taken seriously before it had to be studied in detail for new mission planning [even though those missions are now indefinitely postponed].

I suspect that the alarmingly high level of damage that landers could inflict on anything near their touchdown point may have helped motivate this keep-out zone declaration. It applies to US vehicles as well.

All the more reason, IMHO, to seriously develop tether-based orbit-to-surface transportation technologies. Rotating tethers in low lunar orbits strike me as particularly attractive alternatives to belch-fire rockets.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Not sure if this has come up yet? I sure as hell cant find it!!

Feeling the pressure of mounting investigations launched by citizen activists concerning alien structures and artifacts on the Moon and Mars, the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration has made a bold and incredible move: NASA has announced No-Fly Zones on the Moon. Although the space agency claims the purpose of the No-Fly Zones are to preserve and protect the historic landing sites of the Apollo astronauts, some question why the zones happen to include regions where heavy attention has been focused—areas where purported alien technology is lying scattered across the lunar soil.

Source

I know this isn't a news story on every respected news channel, but who cares with this subject? The governments manipulate them all until nothing is released without their approval first anyways.

In fact, I think you will find more truth about UFO and ET from a less creditable news entity these days also.

Take it or leave it, just thought I would put it out there!

If indeed true, this story does not surprise me either.

edit on 20-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Probing

Right, a no fly zone on the moon. Because there's just a crap ton of people with their own spaceships just itching to get to the moon right? And Jet fighters on the moon flying CAP to make sure no one violates it? Uhh I doubt it.
Haha beforeitsnews is just as fake as --.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
a single landing by a large vehicle could sandblast structures to smithereens.

The same would be true for Mars, I presume.
And since it has its own high speed winds, maybe its not safe to walk outside during a severe Martian windstorm even though the weak atmosphere means you cant be blown over, your suit could be sandblast damaged I suppose.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by JimOberg
a single landing by a large vehicle could sandblast structures to smithereens.

The same would be true for Mars, I presume.
And since it has its own high speed winds, maybe its not safe to walk outside during a severe Martian windstorm even though the weak atmosphere means you cant be blown over, your suit could be sandblast damaged I suppose.

Right! The martian dust problem is first of all abrasive, but is also electrostatic. The moving dust creates dangerously high electrical potentials in anything that can conduct charge. On the other hand, martian dust devils unexpectedly provided cleaning of dirt falling on solar panels on the Mars rovers, that allowed them to operate for many years -- rather than a few months -- on the surface.

Fortunately on Mars, the dust particles themselves are much LESS abrasive, especially to living tissue [particularly when ingested or inhaled]. Lunar dust is sharp-edged and is almost like a snowflake-shaped diamond, since the particles have not spent billions of years rubbing against each other in windstorms, as on Earth or Mars. And the shape also provides an unusually high surface-to-mass ratio that makes them a lot more flammable. The shape also means that they do not compress in soil when you try to dig, as in pounding in a tool or a post or sample core -- as Apollo astronauts found out, to the surprise of lunar geologists.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Next step is to have DHS install a TSA complex there, to make sure we are safe on the moon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The moon has the same international designation as Antarctica, so I can't see how any one nation can declare a "no-fly zone"... Sounds bogus to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The moon has the same international designation as Antarctica, so I can't see how any one nation can declare a "no-fly zone"... Sounds bogus to me.

You only say that because, like most people on ATS, you didnt track down the source of the real story and just acted on the sensationalist misleading headlines.
NASA are not "declare"ing anything.

This whole story comes from an article in Science magazine, by Lucan Laursen in which it is described that NASA are just putting forward guidelines and recommendations for future visitors to preserve historical sites.

NASA’s recommendations won’t be legally binding—according to the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, the lunar surface has no owner—but the agency is hopeful that the teams racing for the moon, which requested the guidelines and have been providing feedback to the agency, will sign on to a final version. The principal motivation is to determine “how we preserve and protect these sites,”

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The article could be the false one here.

One thing im sure of - NASA are hiding some things - missions, discoveries, probably UFO photos. Before I got into all these topics I was trusting NASA and their fairy tales trying to enchant people with their interesting stories. Yet now I know, they are just like all others who hide things from public.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did a search on the NASA web site and came across some links to some information on these so called "NO-FLY ZONES";The below text appears on NASAs " NASA to Launch Guidelines
To Protect Lunar Artefacts" news brief;It looks like they are wanting to protect the Apollo landing sites from contamination from spraying rocket exhaust or dust onto historic equipment;

NASA is unlikely to be the operator of the next spacecraft to land on the moon, but the U.S. space agency is considering sending along some red tape. As dozens of private teams race to return to the moon as soon as next year, spurred on by $30 million in prize money from Google and the X Prize Foundation, NASA is wres- tling with how to safeguard the historic and scientifi c value of more than three dozen sites containing remnants of America’s golden era of space exploration, including the spot where Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin Jr. left the fi rst footprints on the lunar surface. Later this month, the agency plans to issue what it calls “recommendations” for spacecraft, or future astronauts, visiting U.S. government property on the moon. A 20 July version of the guidelines obtained by Science proposes, for example, approaching Apollo landing sites and arti- facts at a tangent, to avoid crashing into th

link;lunasox.gsfc.nasa.gov...

A 20 July version of the guidelines obtained by Science proposes, for example, approaching Apollo landing sites and arti- facts at a tangent, to avoid crashing into them, and suggests no-fl y and buffer zones to avoid spraying rocket exhaust or dust onto historic equipment. The document also includes a research wish list, written by NASA scien- tists and engineers, for any private team, or country, sending a craft to the moon

link;lunasox.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Klassified

I can see no other explanation as to why people are seeing conspiracy where none exists, can you? maybe they are just bored now that elenin has been totally de-bunked, and need something new to sensationalize with no supporting evidence?

As I have previously stated. People see conspiracies because they know they are being lied to day after day after day. So people have taken an attitude toward "official" sources of "How do we know they're lieing? They're lips are moving." And when a source, no matter how official it may be, becomes less than trusted by the public, every thing they do gets scrutinized.

If Elenin and/or Niburu/2012 etc. etc. turn out to be nothing, these folks will then be satisfied that the aforementioned was moot. But they will immediately pick up on the next thing that comes along. Why?

Because those in the seats of power have proven beyond a reasonable doubt, they cannot be trusted.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Granted, but then, yes, my response was only to the headline...and to state that NASA could not enforce such a designation...

That's a far cry from the ACTUAL thing they said, in the article you provided...(and thank you)...

A recommendation or guideline is a FAR different thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments also consisted of Astronauts setting up explosives made by BENDIX to "see what happens when bombs go off on the moon". I kid you not.

Some of the Explosive Charges may not have gone off. Making the moon the first foreign area mankind has placed landmines others could stumble across.

There are also 5, Plutonium 238 nuclear batteries up there still creating 70% of their rated power. The power sources for the Lunar Surface Experiments. They are generally safe, only creating heat to generate power. But you don't want others plugging into those power sources for their devices. Wouldn't it be neat if those things were still powering some super secret military communication system decades later? So that would have to be off limits.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments also consisted of Astronauts setting up explosives made by BENDIX to "see what happens when bombs go off on the moon". I kid you not.

Oh, I agree you're not "kidding", more likely you're just "freak-out fantasing". You put a quote in quotation marks as if it was what NASA said it was doing, but you're lying. What NASA said it was doing was what oil prospectors and other geologists do all the time -- echo probing the sub-surface.

Now, I could be wrong -- that your quotation really came from somebody involved with the project. I'm quite willing to admit being caught in error. Do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Question is, why?

To preserve the landing sites? I don't think "Flying" over them would disrupt them.

Strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

if you'd taken the time to read the article, all the BIN site is doing is quoting an article that came from the hindu times, who in turn are quoting another source.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join