It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Coffee? DHS WANTS YOU!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Have a look at your next cup of Starbucks, folks. DHS is recruiting coffee lovers.

Homeland Security Recruits Jittery Coffee Drinkers to Spot Terrorists

Mmm, coffee! If you see something, ESPECIALLY in regards to your coffee - SAY SOMETHING! Big Sis is watching you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I like coffee, but I LOVE coca tea...do I qualify, or does that make me a terrorist?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Leg1on

Welcome to the Nazi States of America. Papers, please.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Leg1on

Aww, I thought I was going to get my dream job but it turns out its just a label on the coffee itself...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Leg1on

Welcome to the Nazi States of America. Papers, please.

We have a Winnar!!!!!!

anywho, welcome to the land of the free home of the brave, where now you have to constantly look over your back and be on your best behaviour incase someone shops you to the cops. What a horrible country to live in, imho.

Ill stick to the UK , id rather have CCTV than having to watch my back for snitches, least with CCTV you can hide round the corner.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Seems like your government is taking a few tips from Orwell's 1984. Can't even trust your own friends anymore?

What exactly makes someone "blend in" with U.S. American society anyway? Has your typical cultural behaviour become a uniform in itself?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leg1on

WTH! That's actually kind of funny. I can't believe at what extent the DHS is willing to go. It's beyond ridiculous at this point, but still, I wouldn't put it past them.
I've binged on coffee many times due to my work schedule at times. I can tell you that coffee isn't going to make you any better at spotting terrorists or as they like to put it...'suspicious activity'. In fact it could make it worse. I also have anxiety issues and when I drink coffee my anxiety levels jump. I wouldn't even trust myself at spotting terrorists when I'm high on caffeine.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Mostly I drink coffee when I'm trying to stay awake, days on days of writing. Through those heavy periods of sleep deprivation. I guess I"ll be the first one getting arrested, I'm nervous, avoiding eye contact. Mostly why I avoid eye contact is because I'm ashamed to be around other people.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It'd be great if the DHS got spammed with;

"I spy...with my little eye......"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
We have a Winnar!!!!!!

anywho, welcome to the land of the free home of the brave, where now you have to constantly look over your back and be on your best behaviour incase someone shops you to the cops. What a horrible country to live in, imho.

Ill stick to the UK , id rather have CCTV than having to watch my back for snitches, least with CCTV you can hide round the corner.

"I'd rather be watched directly by the criminals in charge than take the chance of being reported to the criminals in charge by citizens" ummm ok? How more deluded could you possibly be? Apologist much?

Do you protest the cameras? No? You should be utterly ashamed of allowing your country to become a literal version of George Orwell's 1984 dystopia. What a joke.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Leg1on

I don't buy coffee there and now I will make sure I don't. I don't know if these businesses are bing mandated or more than happy to be part of the take over. Today I was with someone at a major dept store and I made a gesture to point out the security cameras to someone that was with me . Another shopper in the parking lot gave me the strangest look. I thought to myself I wonder if they are going to call the cops. The American people as a whole don't get the fact that they are being watched and listened to. I have friends who have and do live in repressive countries. It definitely changes the way people think and behave.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
We have a Winnar!!!!!!

"I'd rather be watched directly by the criminals in charge than take the chance of being reported to the criminals in charge by citizens" ummm ok? How more deluded could you possibly be? Apologist much?

Do you protest the cameras? No? You should be utterly ashamed of allowing your country to become a literal version of George Orwell's 1984 dystopia. What a joke.

And you both are doing just what "big brother" wants. Furthering the divide between the people instead of coming together against the real threat. Not a joke!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leg1on
Have a look at your next cup of Starbucks, folks. DHS is recruiting coffee lovers.

Homeland Security Recruits Jittery Coffee Drinkers to Spot Terrorists

Mmm, coffee! If you see something, ESPECIALLY in regards to your coffee - SAY SOMETHING! Big Sis is watching you.

Starting to think DHS is slowing losing its grip with reality.

This is madness.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I find the one eye/eye of Horace symbolism quite blatant in the picture they're using to promote this Nazi agenda.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
And you both are doing just what "big brother" wants. Furthering the divide between the people instead of coming together against the real threat. Not a joke!

Right, big brother wants me to call for the protest of cameras in the UK. No. I don't support big brother here, there or anywhere. I'm not the blind nationalist in this thread, the guy that said "dumb Americans! I am in the UK and I don't mind our cameras, they're better than your citizen reporters" is the blind nationalist, big-brother apologist.

You won't see me supporting ANY big brother actions. And you won't see me campaigning for the US. The only thing good about the US is what it USED to be. And maybe the ideals of a vanishing few that still believe in restoring what it used to be. The individual is so oppressed nowadays it's unbelievable, and most people don't even realize it. The only hope we have is to collectively stand against the powers that want to crush us, and that's why I speak out against any who would apologize for them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Drugs drugs drugs, the cops love drugs more than the druggies. Coffee is a powerful drug.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So who pays for this?
No Way Starbucks is footing the bill alone.
They are getting a huge tax credit or DHS is paying for it.
Either way, Taxpayers will get the final tab.
What a waste of money.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

CCTV. What a joke. Your eye is also a camera that can be tapped in to. Did you even know that???

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Apples and pears fella's apples and pears.

The DHS is wanting citizens to snitch on you where as

CCTV can be used for both. At least with CCTV you are not relying on eye witness testimony, which is worth # all.

What happens if your out at night and you get jumped by a gang of hoods in the city centre and your all by your self. I bet then you would be praising the people in the cctv command centre for sending the police and ambulance to assist you if thye picked it on on their system..

I also bet you would be praising them for having the video evidence to prosecute the offenders that done the crime.

Where as the DHS wants you to snitch on your fellow man just grinding away at life like yourself.

Critical thinking fella's please do some.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

I hearby condemn you to spend the rest of your life with a camera attached to your forehead. Let's see how long you last at your job... and how long before your friends start playing catch-me-if-you-can games with the people tapped into your camera.

And how long your social life will last after that camera picked up something that a friend of yours innocuously said that got them busted or labled as a terrorist.
edit on 20-9-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join