It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC 1/2 Collapse: I was a truther. Not any longer.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Whats with all this "Truther" stuff, nobody said anything about it then all of a sudden on 10th anniversary of 9/11 we get threads saying "why im not a truther anymore" or "debunking the truthers 9/11 claims" and all this stuff, is this a dis info movement created? because im not believing nothing on these threads and OPs are genuine. Why is it all of a sudden all these "ex truthers" suddenly come out onto ATS and start posting these threads.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry thread op but i dont trust the official story from the government of the Collapse since there are alot of holes in it and the fact that GW Bush brother was the security chief during pre 9/11 2000 that even more raise questiuons then answers, and that the fact that there was Gold in the world center and what you think just what happended to the gold gone with the wind?

If you ask me i believe the gold was moved before Sep 11.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gando702

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Hey, can you post your math that you use to say that the impact of a 767 would be similar to a 707? The 30 ton difference seems a bit off when considering impact energy at speed.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

It does seem suspicious, because people don't tend to "convert" in the direction of the OS and the Zelikow directed myth of the 9/11 Commission.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I know my place well enough to know for a fact everything you claim in your retort is absurd. Sorry guy.
I have to wonder if you've ever even put a cutting torch to just one of the columns involved. I can tell you no
orange flame is going to make the slightest difference. So give it up. I'm right by experience alone. You push a pencil.
edit on 20-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I was a truther, not any longer

Well sir I guess you could also be called a flip flopper too. Its my educated guess that at some point after 9/11 you became a "truther", So that would mean that from 9-11-2001 to (whatever date you became a truther) that you were an OS'er. So you went from OS'er to truther and then back to OS'er.

Sorry buddy, but it sounds like there is a weak mind at work here.

If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything. (that includes the OS lies)

Oh and if you are basing your 'change of heart' on those "facts" that you presented, you are sorely mistaken for what the would "fact" means. Just follow your heart, look around you and make your own damn decisions, because who ever told you that load of crap that you state as facts is an idiot.

Sorry to be so harsh, its been a bad day.

~much love~
edit on 20-9-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So you believe there was a conspiracy in regards to WTC 7, but then that terrorists flew the planes into WTC 1 and 2. Instead of believing the whole thing was a conspiracy or believing the official story.

Hmmmmm..... Which one is a bigger stretch of the imagination? Which one is a more probable hypothesis of the 3 selections?

edit on 20-9-2011 by nottheonlyone because: grammar

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The reason I don't like the truth movement is because people just parrot "facts" they've been told.

I'd say the vast majority of "how do you explain x, y and z" don't need an explanation, because x, y and z usually didn't happen in fact.

I think what stumps me about the the truther movement though is the suggestion that America would need to attack themselves to justify war. All America would have to do is allow a terrorist attack to happen, lord knows you have enough real enemies, however bogus the wars.

It makes no sense for 9/11 being an inside job. It doesn't matter how many parroted "facts" I'm presented with or how many failed structural engineers you put in front of me, you can never explain why they would even need to attack themselves.

It doesn't make a god damn bit of sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

-Intense fire isn't overwhelmed by black smoke. Watch the videos, there's more smoke than fire.

-If you subscribe to the idea that the truss supports were weakened which caused the floors to pancake all the way down to the foundation is really a physical impossibility. The amount of energy being exerted on the remaining lower floors that were not affected by fire would still slow down the basic pancake theory. Remember physics 101, for every action there's a positive and equal reaction?

-Have you ever noticed that some exposed steel beams have more bolts on the end brackets than others? Not all steel beams hold the same amount of load. For a steel structure as tall as the twin towers, the load ratio on the lower floors and at the foundation have to hold a much greater load. That alone would cause enough resistance to slow or deflect the collapse of the upper floors.

-If you take the beams out of the equation, you still have the concrete elevator shaft and concrete supports. None of those supports were left partially standing after the collapse. Could part of the steel beams falling fall into the concrete and cause it to crumble? Sure, but not all the way down to the base of the structure!

-You even said that building 7 remains in question and you felt someone pulled it.
If it was pulled, what were they trying to hide? That building alone is a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Decided to ignore physics, huh? Nice strategy. Makes the explaination much more plausible.
edit on 20-9-2011 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Anyone who has ever put a cutting torch to a gray painted steel column knows damn well what it takes to even weaken that steel. The right mixture of oxygen and acetylene then blow to cut.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Isnt it strange how so many witnesses and truthers died in mysterious accidents or commited suicide after this event. Heres an incitful video to watch. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I believe the sky is purple. They told me it was purple on television.

I think I will start a thread about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

"All America would have to do is allow a terrorist attack to happen". Uh, yeah. I think that's kinda what the legit truthers have been saying for years. Guess what, America let a terrorist attack happen. And potentially made sure it went well. Heck, for the first wtc bombing the FBI even made the bomb.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltabomb
Isnt it strange how so many witnesses and truthers died in mysterious accidents or commited suicide after this event. Heres an incitful video to watch. www.youtube.com...

Hmmm and the fact that Flight 93 touched down in Cleveland before heading to Shanksville. Where they found NO BODIES in the wreckage.

Where the hell did all those people go?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Jeeeeez....this OP.........is another fool who hasnt got the strength or intelligence to escape his own cognitive dissonance........listen....we have gone over this for 10 years.....10 damn years........a friggin decade......if you still don't have enough friggin neurons in your puny little brain to know that 911 was an inside job, then there is no hope for your azz.....I'm not kidding either......so tired of paid posters coming on here attempting to smear the or cloudy viewers perceptions of something that has already been virtually proven. This debate is done....there is no controversy .....you either are smart,intuitive with common sense or your cognitive dissonance is ruling over you!
911 has and always will be an inside job! Wake the hell up! ...and if your a paid poster......get outta here!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The whole thing is the biggest sham I've ever seen and if they can blow that one buy you. Then why not throw aliens at you next ? Gullible much.
edit on 20-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
Ok... so what about that other building, WT7 or whatever, and the four non-Arabs that were arrested by the George Washington bridge?

Still too many holes in the story... and come to think about it... There couldn't be a war in Afghanistan or Iraq....

I think it's clear to say that nobody will ever know 100% what happened. But to think your goverment had nothing to do with it, is just foolish...

*ps*
I'm Canadian, and really don't give a shait.. though your people's paranoia has leaked up here, and our ultra conservative leader is crying about islamists being the #1 threat here in Canada...

What do you mean your "on board with wt7" you mean you see this NOT connected to the attacks? So you think Islamic fundamentals flew planes into the twin towers and something totally unrelated collapsed the Solomon building? And you changed your beliefs based on this? Hmmm.

....like... really meow....

Like I said in my original post...there are plenty of thing that are probably never going to be fully explained. I'm only talking about the twin towers in this thread. Trust me, I'm on board about building 7.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by MrWendal

Here is a question; how many controlled demolitions do you know of where the rubble burned for months afterwards? Controlled demolitions are used to remove old buildings and for the most part build a new one where the old ones stood. Builders don't want to wait months to start working on a new building for the fires to go out.

I know that when a house burns down, there is still heat and smoke the next day in the rubble.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join