It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Explosion in center of Turkish capital Ankara, casualties reported!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Kurds hard at work... probably.

Explosion in center of Turkish capital Ankara, casualties reported -NTV via Reuters

Hopefully it doesn't lead to more violence... but it's probably gonna end up with Turkey bombing Northern Iraq again.

Or the craziest, most remote possibility... and let's say Turkey blames the Mossad or Cypriots-Greek terrorists...

More details

CNN Turk reports a "very large number" of casualties following blast in Ankara. No specific details yet.

Other source say 2 dead for now. A bus exploded apparently.

Pic of the post-explosion.

Now confirmed by the cops, it was a bomb. 3 dead.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

somedays back Turkey was threatening Israel.Seems Mossad has responded.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
also herd about this!

wonder will it come up to be related to Israel or cyprus??

here is another link.
www.jpost.com...
edit on 20/9/11 by scoobyrob because: spl

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Assumption is the mother of all F---up's(whats the movie ?i think under siege 2) anyway lets wait for the "truth" from the tv

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think if Mossad they would have hit a high ranking politician in stead of a bus.Sounds like unsophisticated Kurd attack.Or someone else?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
sounds like someone trying to use the tension to start something by using an assumption....kinda like the oh hey their ready to go at it...lets just give them a little push closer together......this could get messyyy...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I think if Mossad they would have hit a high ranking politician in stead of a bus.Sounds like unsophisticated Kurd attack.Or someone else?

Well this is probably it... but thing is, Kurds usually don't bomb Ankara. They bomb Istanbul. But they do bomb Ankara from time to time.

1999 : bombing in Istanbul.
2007 : 1 bombing in Ankara. 8 dead 100 wounded.
2008 : 2 bombings in Istanbul : 17 dead 154 wounded.
2010 : Roadside bomb in Istanbul.
Remote bomb in Istanbul.

So we'll see, but it's probably PKK.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The work of the Israeli Mossad most likely. Scientists in Iran were suddenly being murdered a little while back so they have to use a different technique in Turkey otherwise people will put two and two together.

Funny how any country Israel has problems with seem to suffer these internal "issue."

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
my gut.. once i saw this thread was the Mossad ... hmm, i wonder why i thought like so.. I never think of them anyway.. we will see how this pans out.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Related,that was yesterday...

Turkey's Gul cancels Berlin speech after bomb threat

Berlin - Turkish President Abdullah Gul, who is paying a four-day visit to Germany, cancelled a speech Monday at Berlin's Humboldt University after an anonymous telephoned bomb threat to police.

They didn´t find anything,however...

My first thought after hearing it was "Mossad" too...there is enough Tension that a False Flag is possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Just another burst of sparks next to a powder keg that is bursting at the seams. How many more sparks before one takes hold and lights the whole thing?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Footage of the aftermath. RT

edit on 20/9/2011 by ThorsBrother because: Can't figure out how to youtube link

edit on 20/9/2011 by ThorsBrother because: Vid edit

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Update from N24 (German TV)

It was a Car-Bomb. They speculated that it is possible that the Reason was to force President Gül to return to Turkey.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Something tells me, somebody is really pushing it...

Perhaps an excuse by Turkish Intelligence to start a war with Israel, idk

But someone is insisting otherwise....

Turkey Says Israel's Flotilla Raid Was 'Cause for War'

Israel and Greece sign military pact in response to Turkey's aggression towards both countries

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The PKK are rumoured to be funded by both Israel and the US.

So, I would speculate that the Turkish government and intelligence service know exactly who is responsible and why it has come at this time. Though, on an official front, I doubt they will recognise the attack as so. I mean, what better way to curtail a feisty Turkey from flexing it's muscle externally, than to remind it of it's internal problem? If this is the start of a terror campaign by the PKK, then we will have our proof.

The 'boys on the hill' reminding an overly confident Turkey, who is holding the cards?

Will also make for an interesting talking point when Obama entertains Erdogan shortly.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, looks like Turkey is going to be looking for a reason to go to war with Israel, what with this attack and then Israel and Greece using an american oil drilling company to steal the oil Turkey claims for itself. I for some reason think that Turkey will take advantage of this explosion and claim that it is Israel. Which is why Israel used an american company to begin drilling, so if Turkey attacks them we will get involved.

Damn whatever happened to just trading with the entire world but not having any alliances? It always seems like any "ally" of ours always has an uncanny ability to drag us into trouble. We should just cut ties with all these people because these wars are breaking our wallets.
edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the irony in this? turkey supports the terrorist in Palestine getting there own state so i think Israel needs to support a Kurd movement to become a state. And while they are at it i would love to see some Israeli weapons show up in the hands of the Kurds. I say Israel steps up their support for the Kurds give em good stuff rockets, guns training and call it humanitarian aid.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Fo', the Hamas only control Gaza. There's also the West Bank, you know...

Don't talk big if you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

And oh, the Israelis already train and support the PKK, who obviously are the real terrorists.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
good luck Turkey hope you got some windex because when Israel is done with you the majority of your country surface will be glass
edit on 9/20/2011 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Yeah, right, and everyone will watch Israel committing even more crime. Stop looking through rose-tinted spectacles. Iran will be the first to bomb the # out of you.

Your behaviour is a disgrace for ATS imo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join