It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You guys must be wondering where work and that Made in Canada, Made in the USA tacker went. Think we know already.
Being a Customs man, I can share that we lose and lose as products imported from (you-know-who) China, are escaping Regular Duty, Provisional Duty and Anti-Dumpng Duty. As a DIRECT result, (e.g.) it's cheaper to buy a shirt made and exported from China than it is to buy the same from Canada or the USA. Why? No Import Duty from China.

We(Canada)/You (USA) lost 40-80% of industry through China and deals made w/China since Reagan. Be it Pres. Obama or another elected President/Cdn Prime Minister. YELL at him/her to re-enact principle MFN (Most Favored Nation(status)) Duty status on Chinese Imported Goods. In other words, make their imported goods uplifted to the same or more value (buying cost) as America--MADE/Canadian Made goods on the same market. Your economy will SOAR !!

For some reason our Political Leaders leave this stuff out of all economical issues -----WHY?

Gosh, Demand from them -- What's the real deal on this?

Decoy

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
why n ot just take back NAFTA and free trade act....bring the jobs back and increase import tax's to that of which our stuff is tax'd going into their country and then triple it.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I believe your answer lies somewhere in here.
Wal-Mart Charity Evaluated
The 400 Richest Americans
The Wal-Mart effect:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"What's the deal on this?" It's simple, really. Politicians do not care about the people, they care about their big donors and businesses (big donors). The short-sightedness of these buffons who run the world never ceases to amaze me. Viva la revolution!

What the Chinese have not learned, and I seriously doubt that they ever will because their nature is to be cheap- It costs more money to make garbage than it does to make quality. Dr. Deming proved this, and the rise of the Japanese auto industry (and fall of the American auto manufacturers) is proof positive that he was right.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think we the American people are to blame for this. I truly hate to say this but our standard of living is WAY to high. The reason its cheaper to buy a Chinese made shirt is because their workers have the ability to live off 250 dollars a month therefore goods made cheaper. in the US to make the same shirt the workers needs 15 dollars an hour driving the price of the shirt up. Is there any reason for us to make this much money? YES to keep up with the Jones. you want to get manufacturing jobs back to the US lower the cost of living Why is an ipad 500 dollars when it cost 250 to make it? Why is a loaf of bread 2 dollars when it cost 20 cents to make it. Corporate greed fed by a greed of the american worker. Lower the cost of the resources to make product and lower the cost of commodities and the manufacturing jobs will come back. 1950 the average income was 3k a year and a man lived comfortably how did we go from 3k a year to 30k a year and barely getting by? the cost of making bread hasn't changed the ingredients are the same the worker making it drove the prices up.i know the cost of grain has gone up a bit but why? our methods used to produce it have become extremely efficient compared to 1950

new topics

top topics

join