It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world is going on? Global Military Activity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
* Mods, this forum seemed most appropriate, feel free to move it if necessary.

I've been skeptical about people claiming they are seeing unusual military activity, so I spent a few hours looking into it. I want to share what I found. Those who have noticed these things aren't going crazy and I believe my findings support the concern people are feeling. It's either the coincidence of all time, September is THE MONTH for exercises for everyone on Earth, or there IS something very serious in the wind and we'll be the last to know. I stopped at what I gave here, but not for lack of more to list. I had to call it somewhere though, and this list is detailed enough to give the global aspect of what is going on out there. I hope this format is easy to read...there was so much that all falls in the same time frame, again..this seemed the best approach.

Description: Frontier Sentinel
Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 5
Area of Event: United States, Great Lakes Region
Nations Participating: United States and Canada
Organizations: Coast Guard, Homeland Security, U.S./ Canadian Military
Comments: 2,500 personnel and assorted water, air and land based assets.

Description: Emergency Readiness Exercise
Dates: Sept 21 - 23
Area of Event: United States, Fort Campbell, Kentucky and surrounding area
Organizations: Fort Campbell, Clarksville/Oak Grove Police, Montgomery/Stewart/Trigg County Sheriff's Offices, and other local emergency management.
Comments: Part of a 3 year cyclic training plan for Army posts across the nation

Description: Green Flag West
Dates: Sept 9 - 23
Area of Event: United States, Southern Nevada, Fort Irwin, California.
Organizations: Air Force, Army
Comments: Regular scheduled exercises occur several times a year under this name

Description: South American Military Exercise (UNASUR 1)
Dates: Sept 6 - 9
Area of Event: Argentina
Nations Participating: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela
Organizations: Defense Ministries and Armed Forces from listed nations
Comments: Touted as First joint exercise of the UNASUR (Union of South American Nations)

Description: Defenders of the Skies of Velayat
Dates: Sept 7 - 17
Area of Event: Iran, North West section.
Organizations: Iranian Air Force
Comments: F-4, F-5, SU-24, MiG 29 and Saeqeh Fighters involved with assorted transport planes.

Description: Union Shield 2011/Center 2011
Dates: Sept 16 - 22
Area of Event: Russian Training Centers in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
Nations Participating: Russia and Belarus and Ukraine
Organizations: Army an Air Forces of both nations. Ukrainian Airmobile Company.
Comments: 7,000 Russian and 5,000 Belarusian Troops. 50 Aircraft and 100 Tanks. (Approx)

Description: Natural Fire 11
Dates: Sept 11 - 21
Area of Event: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Nations Participating: Uganda, Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania and the United States.
Organizations: EAC (East African Community) contributions consist of Officers for the exercise.
Comments: Appears to be a largely table top exercise aimed as Disaster, Counter-Terrorism and Security Operations.

Description: Azerbaijan Exercises
Dates: Week of Sept 19 - 23 (Approx)
Area of Event: Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic
Organizations: Army, Air Force
Comments: Limited Details

Description: Northern Coasts 2011 (NOCO/DANEX)
Dates: Sept 12 - 23
Area of Event: Western Baltic Sea
Organizations: Naval assets from Norway, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and others
Nations Participating: Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and NATO command elements.
Comments: First combination or NOCO and DANEX exercises. Also combines smaller exercises this year.

Description: Adequate Response 2011
Dates: Sept 12 - 30
Area of Event: Ukraine
Organizations: All elements of the Ukrainian Armed Forces
Comments: Forces include 9,500 troops, 2,300 weapons systems or platforms to include 71 Aircraft and 40 ships.

Continued.......

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Corrected URL on NOCO/DANEX details. Better site.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Description: Steadfast Pyramid / Steadfast Pinnacle 2011
Dates: Sept 19 - 30
Area of event: Riga, Latvia
Organizations: NATO Command and Control Staff, Latvia Military Command
Nations Participating: NATO Supreme Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) and Latvia
Comments: This appears to be largely a table top planning and coordination exercise.

Description: Joint India / Sri Lanka Exercises
Dates: Week of Sept 19 - 23 (Approx)
Area of Event: Laccadive Sea / Bay of Bengal
Organizations: Naval assets from both nations
Nations Participating: India, Sri Lanka
Comments: It's noted as larger than previous years.

Description: United Kingdom Exercise
Dates: Sept 11 - 30
Area of Event: Domestic. LFA 11, 14 and 20T
Organizations: RAF
Comments: Rotary and Fixed wing Aircraft. Limited details

Description: Operation Joint Warrior
Dates: Oct 1 - 19 (approx. Different reports show slightly different dates)
Area of Event: Scotland
Organizations: Navy, Army and Air units including NATO Naval assets
Nations Participating:: England, Scotland, NATO elements
Comments: This is described as including force on force training with up to 40 jet aircraft at a time in addition to ground and naval units.

Description: Jackal Stone 2011
Dates: Sept 6 -30
Area of Event: Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine
Organizations: Multinational Special Operations forces, United States Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR)
Nations Participating: Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, United States

Description: Valiant Mark
Dates: Sept 19 - 30
Area of Event: Singapore
Organizations: Singapore Armed Forces, United States Marine Corps
Nations Participating: Singapore, United States
Comments: Forces include 500 personnel from Singapore's 1st Batt, Singapore Guards and 155 men from 1st Batt, 7th Marine Regiment.

Normal? Not normal? My feelings are pretty well known here, but I am past the point of allowing for coincidence in the variety of events and issues all converging in roughly a 10-14 day period. There is a point where coincidence is just plain absurd..and I think we went right on by that awhile back.

In addition to the above are a recent Pakistani/China exercise around their common border..and reports of Chinese troops apparently massing for another exercise earlier this month, among others.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
eh sept is a pretty good month for training........not to hot or to cold.....schools in less people out and about with work...ect the fact alot of countries are doing it around this time is no surprise.....but really you can link anything you want together if its near the same timeline.....next we're gonna have someone screaming its cuz of elenin when it has nothing to do with it....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
not unusual for sept oct!

no need for anybody to fret or panic!

see you all in Nov 11.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

can we say the same has happened in previous years like documented above? i don't know but know that where i live here in asutralia there are choppers loudly flying around enough to wake me and my family up every night which hasn't happened in my lifetime before. i have lived in te same house for 30 years and this has been going on now from 12am till 3am almost every night for over a month. Sure phage or alike will have a reasonable debunk for it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by parasiticviruseater

well if i wanted to dig up proof for my area im pretty sure i could....generally im used to seeing military excersizes here...and yes they have been a little extra active lately but they we're the same last year around this time i live on a border city so when its most efficient they do both american/canadian practice be it coast guard or military...just the other day there we're doing search and rescue Exercise's over the lake/river/bridge/water front area for most of the day......using both the helo/watercrafts/boats.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by parasiticviruseater

That is odd? Do your papers say anything about what might be going on? I didn't leave Australia out. I just didn't see anything real recent for Australia or New Zealand. They've both been running exercises like every nation but nothing I saw this month?

For those who point out that training does happen, I'd direct you to the notes I put at the bottom of some of those. Far from trying to scare everyone, I noted where the information indicates these are routine and were scheduled long in advance or part of ongoing series of exercises.

However, it's worth noting that with all that activity going on across the entire world, it would be all but impossible to see just who might be gearing up for war or major disaster. How could you really tell the difference when most of these are multinational, large in scope and heavy with logistics? That was one of the main thoughts that ran through my head as I kept finding more..and more..and more. If something IS rotten in th state of Denmark, there is too much background noise to even see it from this angle.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

come to think of it they may have started training for your first one for canada states in great lakes due to weather conditions today we're horrible for flying and we've had over cast last lil while would explain the coast guard stuff going on
it just clicked! haha

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
im in the outer suburbs of sydney and i have noticed a large amount of military choppers just in the last couple of months,very unusual....i was wondering if it was just local but seemingly not....

peace

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm not saying that your theory is wrong, but I am a Veteran & I dont think you understand how the military works.

There are 2 types or military, Peace Time & War Time. Either way, its about the same thing (in regard to your post).

Every single unit has its own schedule, they don't operate on any 'set' schedule, they have standards to maintain & the CO (among others) decide what skills need to be improved etc.

There are literally thousands of military units out in this world, each doing their own training. When it comes to war, yes they have schedules to maintain, but essentially, they have a VERY boring, mundane life & going on exercise is a way of killing 2 birds, you give the soldiers something to kill the time (other than cleaning weapons etc) & you improve their skills.

If you had listed some 2000 'exercises' then maybe, but you list about 10, seriously ????? Just as you gradually improve your skills at work each day, so do soldiers (sailors & airmen) by 'practicing' war.

This thread just confuses me, I dont get the point. Yes, just like a St Johns 1st aider practicing CPR on a dummy, soldiers practice & home in their skills for their particular job, you'd be screwed if either didnt.

Give me a list of a few thousand individual military units training in a specific (& similar) way (ie against a specific threat) & you have me interested, but this is just an attempt at getting stars from what I can tell.
edit on 20/9/2011 by SNAFU38 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Funny I should see this today. I saw a swat typed van with military colours on it today on a flatbed, I have pics and il upload them when I get them from the guy who took them. Kinda looked like this www.google.com...:&imgrefurl=http://www.rockd iscography.com/thecrypt/gallery5twar.html&docid=FlxtuI7McMWE7M&w=579&h=393&ei=Y0x4Trz7FIO5tgeT_52yDA&zoom=1&biw=1280&bih=800

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
speakin of which, starred and flagged!

look on YT for reportage of suspicious military trucks/cargo/etc in the past month alone and compare it to other previous months, years and you very well might find out this fall somethings going down - or at least they're training and/or mobilizing in case/for when something big goes down!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
If you had listed some 2000 'exercises' then maybe, but you list about 10, seriously ????? Just as you gradually improve your skills at work each day, so do soldiers (sailors & airmen) by 'practicing' war.

I saw enough run of the mill unit exercises or very localized training to have made a list like your talking about if I'd really wanted to just dump an endless list for effect. I'd dropped a number that looked border line local or unit/base stuff.

Now it's possible I misinterpreted one from the list. I did type the list by hand going off the source sites I linked, so it's possible, but I kept the focus to ones the source itself described as unusual in size or scale and those that were regional/multi-national. I did look enough to see those aren't every day events. They're annual or semi annual in those that weren't first time ever (South America was interesting to see, for instance and Latvia is a first apparently for U.S. involvement in Russia's backyard..according to source).

The timing of it all in just a couple week period and in combination with the wide range of other issues occurring or of concern at this exact same time is what made the work worth it for the thread, IMO.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Wow,

I thought I had a big afternoon at the pub, apparently not.

Just as in life, we make friends, we lose friends, we play with one person this week, another the next. We play with other (different) people for several reasons, the political rubbish, & the tactical bits, ie we learn what they are capable of. We also know they are doing the same thing at the same time, & nobody shows their true abilities.

I agree, there is something in the air, dreams (predictions to some) are being had, unusual 'friendships' are being seen, but in the end, all is normal.

Trust me in saying I dont trust any government in this world, but I would be a LOT more suspicious if the armies of the world were sitting in their barracks doing nothing than if they were out doing simple exercises.

For the sake of millions, perhaps, lets hope I'm right. Armies dont get to 'practice their trade' every day like 99% of the working population, thats why they have exercises. What you need to worry about are the things that arent made known to the public. Give me a list of them, then I might take this with some salt, maybe 2 grains.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sept is a normal high optempo training month for the US. That is when the current fiscal budget comes to a close and they have to justify it. If they don't spend it all, it makes it harder to justify asking for a larger budget for the next year.

Maybe the others do this as well, but I cannot say it with any certainty.

top topics

join