It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being stupid attractive?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Now, wait a minute, I think I got a totally different idea about the OP than some others did !

From the phrases used, like that people say « I don’t know » and think they are cool for not knowing ? (I didn’t copy the phrase, I hope I didn’t get the meaning twisted), gave me the idea that we’re talking about a fad of deliberate ignorance, or pretending to be stupid..... not actual low IQ !

In that context, yeah, I often say I don’t know when I do know, because the person in front of me gets so much pleasure out of being able to explain !
Sometimes people are having a terrible urge to talk about a topic and give their perspective on it, they will jump at any opportunity to do so. Especially if they can start from the beginning to give a full representation of their particular conceptualization on it..... it helps them work out what their view is and organize their mind.

It also makes them feel real intelligent, and a little better about themselves. That is especially handy if you are good looking young woman with girlfriends who feel jealous of your looks- it lifts their spirits to be able to say, « Yeah, but I’m smarter, so we’re equal. » -- this is why I DO think there is some truth to the dumb blond stereotype, in a superificial way.

I mean, if you do know, then it doesn’t hurt to listen to someone else explain anyway, so that you really get a view from the base on their particular perspective. Having someone else think you are dumb doesn’t change what YOU know.

editted to add: my first thought upon reading the Op, that I forgot to mention before I got carried away with the topic, was- a lot of people are quite proud to say "I don't know" about the kinds of topics we discuss on ATS! Not many think it is cool to admit they know all about the latest conspiracy theories, alien theories, and beliefs in things like Nibiru. I know someone who frequents this site, who is also active at another site where such things are not discussed, and he will not admit there that he has even ever heard of ATS.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have to say that society is definitely being dumbed down. Anyone looking for more info on how this is done should check out this documentary on Edward Bernayes, the father of propaganda:

www.youtube.com...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join