It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PsyWar - Wake UP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is a must see for anyone interested in pretty much anything - especially Americans. If you thought that you had a free press and TV then think again.

This film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations in the United States, with an emphasis on the "elitist theory of democracy" and the relationship between war, propaganda and class.
www.youtube.com...

It's all in this excellent video. There are some gems. How 77% of the American soldiers invading Iraq thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11, how psy warriors worked at CNN, how the American dream was sold to the US people, how the Ludlow massacre was covered up by the Rockefeller owned press and much more.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Watch and learn.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am sure very few people here on ATS trust the media, but it looks interesting non the less. It appears to be a long video but I will watch it anyways. However I do have a hard time believing that 77% of our soldiers believed Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Maybe its the optimist in me but still...
edit on 20-9-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks, I'll enjoy watching this video. Nothing you have stated surprises me but will enjoy uncovering anything that confirms what I already believe.

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am sure very few people here on ATS trust the media, but it looks interesting non the less. It appears to be a long video but I will watch it anyways. However I do have a hard time believing that 77% of our soldiers believed Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Maybe its the optimist in me but still...
edit on 20-9-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)
TBH it might have been less but was more than 70% of soldiers questioned or something.

It sounds amazingly high, I have to agree but they were probably experiencing some kind of pschological dissonance between what they know is right and what they were doing. Maybe that rendered them easily suggestible to ideas that justified going to war?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

All I needed was the first quote to illicit a reply.
Sigmund Freud's double nephew was Edward Bernays, a founding father of modern advertising.
Understanding that Bernays was one of the first young people to begin understanding the psychological nature of people and then how to manipulate them is essential to comprehending our delima.

Edit : what happened to the vid?

edit on 20-9-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I see you are familiar. I am absolutely fascinated by this type of material. I love finding out how much of an idiot I have been in a twisted kind of way.

Seeing how easily manipulated so many people are is mind blowing as well as sad. One of the hardest things to do is explain to an individual that they are a victim of any form of mind control. You can show how a nation has been duped and people believe you. Tell a person and they usually get nasty - which is a sure sign that you're probably right.

edit on 20/9/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I see you are familiar. I am absolutely fascinated by this type of material. I love finding out how much of an idiot I have been in a twisted kind of way.

Seeing how easily manipulated so many people are is mind blowing as well as sad. One of the hardest things to do is explain to an individual that they are a victim of any form of mind control. You can show how a nation has been duped and people believe you. Tell a person and they usually get nasty - which is a sure sign that you're probably right.

edit on 20/9/11 by Pimander because: typo
There seems to be an aspect of the trance within which we are held that tells us we are not in a trance. And it seems to be an over-ridding command. I hope the term trance is understood as not something of a mystical nature, but a verifiable mental condition brought on by any number of stimuli.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
For an hour and half long video this is pretty easy to watch.
Some would argue though that it is an example of the propaganda it rails against.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

This is a must see video for truth seekers

This is propaganda of a very different kind.

I'm hoping more people have watched this that have commented as it's well worth a look.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I plan on watching with my friend in an hour. This seems very interesting either way.

new topics

top topics

join