It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. - Romania Sign Ballistic Missile Defense Agreement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

System will help protect NATO Allies and contribute to the security of the United States.

Source

The United States and Romania have signed the U.S.-Romanian Ballistic Missile Defense Agreement – an important step in defending Europe and the United States from the growing threat posed by the proliferation of ballistic missiles.

"This agreement," said U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, "reflects the commitment of the United States to our allies in NATO, and specifically to our Article 5 responsibilities for collective defense."

Romania has been a strong partner in NATO, said Secretary Clinton, from peacekeeping in Kosovo to enforcing the arms embargo of Libya, to Romanian troops serving in Afghanistan.

System will help protect NATO Allies and contribute to the security of the United States.

I wonder protect NATO Allies and contribute to the security threat from Whom? if you ask me this is aimed at russia knowing that Romania now acts as a puppet to the west you can bet the russians wont like this.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

interesting.
looks like another geographical grab by the us
it would certianly come in handy to be in romania if war broke out in the middle east. also gives them the option of a navy response
suprised they didnt go to war for this spot like iraq

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This won't sit well in Moscow. Another step to this missile shield around Europe, which is fine, but if it REALLY isn't meant as a deterrence for Russia then why not let them be a part of the project as they requested? I'm all for protecting people, but America is going about this the wrong way for a stable scenario. Russia will, and already has, perceived this shield as a provocation, and has said numerous times that if they (U.S.) continue their plans without Russia's involvement it will force Russia to beef up it's ICBM's and their whole Nuclear arsenal in general, bringing the world back to the Cold War days we thought we escaped.

They're playing a DANGEROUS game here and they need to tread lightly.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

heir whole Nuclear arsenal in general, bringing the world back to the Cold War days we thought we escaped. They're playing a DANGEROUS game here and they need to tread lightly.

sadly the cold war never ended now did it? yes the old days of the soviet union are gone because of Mikhail Gorbachev his the one who sold out the USSR to the west. The traitor now lives in the west and if i recall Gorbachev celebrated his birthday in germany he knows that if goes back to russia he will be killed.

top topics

join