It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time.. How do men and women, think differently of Time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
As a man I can only tell you, what my definition of time is. Time to me represents, the hours spent to achieve a certain goal. However to women it seems that time represents the hours waiting for the perfect man... You see I could be the happiest man with any women, yet I can only be happy with a women who appreciates my sense of time. Do you want to know why? Because in my experience, a women’s sense of time is reliant on a man patients/love to understand her... In other words, to understand a women, to understand her impatiens with those who don’t understand her. She has had men who are strong, yet she never felt loved. She has had men who are loving, yet she has never been unwanted. Women want what they don’t have, honestly in my experience women want what they don’t want, as if somehow they are always conflicted, and yet there biological instincts almost always win out. They want a man who is strong (who will protect them against tyrants) they want men who are understanding (who can feel there pain, when things hurt) who can love them no matter how they treat others (they want a man who is irrational to a mans rational side). Im fine with that in fact I want a women, who is loyal (regardless of there alpha male instincts, however at the same time I make it understood that I am alpha male that I will leave you, and that the only thing worthy to me is my time.) I want a women who will stand with me in my darkest hour.( however I make it a point to always do my due diligence, I refuse to be one upped even by myself, and if the time comes that I have failed, you better believe that I am looking for those who still believe in me( even though I may not show it).) last but not least we want someone who can love us regardless of whether we are (right or wrong) someone who will say I believe in you regardless if you disagree in our ways and ill tell you what. If I could find a women who would stick with me no matter what, who truly understood me, who gave me her best just as it’s expected of me, than I would give her my time. To me that’s my life, my time represents the accumulated value of my worth, and I would give it all to her.

What’s your gender specific opinion of time?

no way this is hilarious I can stop jerky smirking ok.. good to know lol

that's right you assholes
edit on 22-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Male: "We have 30 minutes to get ready"
(Means - better be ready to go out the door in 30 minutes)

Female hears this
(Means - should have my main clothes on in 30 minutes, then 15 minutes to do my hair, and maybe a potty break...I can put my makeup on in the car)....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

oh god I laughed so hard
just lie lie lie (dinner at 5pm really booked for 7pm)I got so frustrating for everyone doing what u said they resulted to giving me a head start of 1.5h and I still didnt manage..

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You still care how other people perceive things?
Like Time?

You'll never be happy.

Just look at what happened to nerds after we let women in the club.

And that's not all...

Of course one lady tried to argue back.

She couldn't even keep the larger numbers all good,
with hotness being better at 10, but emotion better at 1.
Sending mixed messages, trying to use math to explain emotions...

Besides, as far as we know so far, every child produced by a woman has been defective. They have all died. But the math and sciences published for everyone by MEN have grown and grown, have legacies thousands of years old, and show no sign of slowing. In fact the opposite is true.

Chris Rock explains it best.
NSFW

What you call "Time", women call "lifestyle".

Mike Grouchy

edit on 29-9-2015 by mikegrouchy because: grammar and format

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

And that's not all...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
As a man I can only tell you, what my definition of time is. Time to me represents, the hours spent to achieve a certain goal. However to women it seems that time represents the hours waiting for the perfect man..

I don't see a difference here, except in the specific goals. Women are highly focused on relationship in general, where men seem to be more focused on objects.

But in the end, relationship is dependant upon separate objects existing to form a relation, and the determination of an object is directly dependant upon it's relativity to other objects.

You say they are different because they wait for the perfect man - then go on to describe the perfect woman you wait for!

You wrote that you'd like a woman who loves you whether you are right or wrong, but that sounds like what a woman looks for too. If I am wrong, will you still love me? If I am happy or sad, does it change your love for me? The only way to know is to show those opposing states and see your reaction.

The only way she can show you that she'll love you whether you are strong or weak, successful or failing, is by you exposing those different states - which is often the complaint of women "he doesn't open up to me" , "he doesn't share his suffering, his weakness, his stresses, he keeps it in and hides it from me". I have no opportunity to show my love and prove it...to comfort and show support and encouragement.

Men who hide those things, are usually afraid. Afraid they'll lose her, afraid she'll take advantage of that weakness and hurt him. Secretly afraid she doesn't really love him in all his potential states, be they right or wrong, positive or negative.

Women see the success of a relationship as being dependant upon what happens within the intimacy of closed doors - what happens in the home, between you two.

Men, so often, (you can correct me if you think I am wrong here) think the success of the relationship is dependant upon exterior events - how successful he is in his career, in his assertion of power and strength in the world and in opposition with others.

I'm a woman, so I will tend to believe that the essential is what is happening within the intimacy between the two - that the success outside is dependant first upon the strength of the love exchanged inside. If the couple isn't honestly sharing and trusting each other inside (in all their states, especially those where they need comfort and encouragement) then all attempts at attaining exterior goals will be failures. You need a solid and reliable base to take off from each morning.

Women will open wounds, to invite you in, and stir up an intimate exchange. They might even scratch at your emotional scabs to get into intimacy. It is not to destroy or hurt you, it is to touch together in a deep way and form a relationship that is meaningful.

But both genders get scared in that process, and can become defensive. There is always risk involved in being vulnerable, and we can each misunderstand and accidently hurt the other. I have no solutions to that problem.
Only being willing to try again and again.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Male: "We have 30 minutes to get ready"
(Means - better be ready to go out the door in 30 minutes)

Female hears this
(Means - should have my main clothes on in 30 minutes, then 15 minutes to do my hair, and maybe a potty break...I can put my makeup on in the car)....

Nope. In our home, I'm ready on time, and he hears "in thirty minutes, I can start taking my shower".
My kids and I refer to "papa time - which is different than time for everyone else. In "papatime" thirty minutes means one hour, one hour means two..."Ill be there at nine" means "Ill be there at ten" (your time).

He says it is being optimistic, and thinks that if he says it, it will come true, like magic of something. Screw the GPS that says it will take an hour! No stupid machine will dictate reality to me!

That's the crux of it- a desire to feel in control of one self and not submissive to others and their demands or dictates. Each time we are late for an appointment, he feels a smug comfort that he did it HIS way.

Though actually once there, he is rather easily influenced. Easily empathic, he finds himself agreeing with point sof view he opposed yesterday, easily sucked in to sale pitches, etc. His refusal to submit to time is his passive aggressive stand for his individual power.

Maybe that is the case for some women? I don't know, I'm always on time (if not early) and all outward appearences make people think I am rather fluid and flexible....they are often surprised to find that inside, I am pretty solid and pig headed in my views.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

of topic

I just read this thought of you and basically you and I come to ats and u are sitting on top of the replies

Strength is the ninth card in the Major Arcana, and is given the number eight, which is a number of great good fortune in Eastern traditions. This card is often associated with the Zodiac sign Leo, which is ruled by the Sun, and eight is the number of solar festivals celebrated by many Earth-centered religions. A gentle looking woman, robed in white for purity, cradles a fierce lion’s head in her tender hands. She appears to be soothing the beast, closing its japing jaws. The red lion symbolizes anger, rage, and violence. The symbol over the woman’s head is the sign of infinity, reminiscent of a halo, and denotes her spirituality and her enlightened mind. You may imagine the two figures on the card as the two sides of yourself: the woman is your superego, and the lion is your id.

#
it's suits you(god that sounds funny sorry bluesma ., is three ladies I respect more than anything on ats.. god I hope u read this the best possible way)
edit on 5-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)[/

had to rewrite this I hope it sounds how it is meant to sound

technixcity : #fortune cookie : is what I need to go .. sorry I messed up ur thread
By seeking first to understand and accept the more negative aspects of yourself and others, your situation can be managed more effectively, and with more beneficial results for everyone involved.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

OKay. I have had others react to that avatar strongly. I just picked it because whenever people do readings for me, that is the card that comes up to represent me. Always.

I like to work with animals (specifically horses and dogs) so it looks like a woman who is working with animals, and that, I can relate to. Apparently there are all kinds of interpretations that go further.

We're all animals in essence anyway, so yeah. Ok. I seek to manage and teach my id, but not without understanding, compassion and respect.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
female here.
i read that men wish to be admired and women wish to be loved. so men, thinking women want to be admired, put their women on pedestals to admire them. this confuses the women, who want to be loved instead.
and women, who want to be loved, love the men instead of admiring them, which oftetimes resolves into the man thinking she's being too clingy or dependent on him. it's an odd dance.

and now, you can't say i haven't contributed anything to your existence.

Agree, absolutely.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join