It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to announce new China trade enforcement action

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So, I "invented" this little plastic tag thing for a certain industry. Really, it was no big deal and it never came to fruition...which is actually the reat of the story. I went to a friend of mine who has money and connections to talk to him about getting this thing manufactured. Here is what he said- Wow, what a great idea! Nobody here (USA) will manufacture it, so you will need to go to Chinese manufacturers. The problem is that it is a good idea, so they will just steal it and undercut you and you won't sell any. I laughed and Jim didn't. He said, "Kevin, I'm serious man. Just drop the idea, it's a waste of your time and money." I dunno, it just seems like we let the Chinese do whatever they want so that a few rich people can get richer. It makes no sense to me. Why do we just sit by and allow this to happen. We really are just a nation of sheep. The sleeping giant was not sleeping, he was dead.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Chinese will not tolerate a trade enforcement we do that they will demand payment of the debt we dont pay i guarantee they attack, i once beat the hell out of a guy cause he owed me 80 dollars if someone owed me 1.5 trillion well lets just say the end result wouldn't be pretty. China knew exactly what they were doing when they pulled out of France they knew exactly what we would do and we are doing it. We have fallen in their trap don't believe me view this link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

real odd timing for a space launch huh the only way to effectively distribute an emp bust against an entire country is to detonate in the space above it and let the emp particles drift down spreading out as they go once all the electronics are down who will see them coming

www.unitedstatesaction.com...

And who would fault the chinese for attacking a country who couldnt pay their debt?

edit on 9/20/2011 by Immune because: f

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
reply to post by nonnez

. . .

I wonder if those "cars" they want to export in a giant "civilian" ship would turn out to be manned tanks, etc rolling off the dock.

Or if the "car plant" going from making cars to producing tanks, etc. and all those Chinese "workers" we let into the country to work at said plant/s are in fact military
. . .

Interesting take for a book or movie for sure . . . has anyone produced one with that scenario yet?

As crazy as this world is getting nothing would really surprise me anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Here's the real deal in China:-

1. The Chinese would gladly manufacture your plastic idea. They have the workers and factories, ever ready to resize their machinery to fit your inventions. BUT it aint gonna be a piddling few hundred that they will accept your order. They will only accept a few million pieces order. You alone provide the capital, do the marketing, selling, managing,etc. They will just manufacture, that's it.

2. If your inventions sells, that factory will copy your idea, afterall, there's NO copyright laws in China,nor will they respect any. One part of his factory will manufacture your inventions, but another part or another plant will manufacture, market and sell your product at a FAR cheaper price by cutting corners than yours.

In the end, you and the consumer loses while the Chinese manufacturer laughs his way to the bank with your invention. Commie China lacks in creativity, ethics and no matter how they advance, it will always be 5th rate, for under their totalitarian rule, the tallest poppies that grow are the first to be cut down. Thus their reliance on democracies such as US and Europe for tech, to steal for themselves inorder to advance.

3. But do not give up on your idea. Your friend did give you good advice, but he is just one person you met. There may be other american investors whom may be willing to help out. The billionaire Bill Gates did not start MicroSoft with some big fancy office building downtown. He started by knocking on doors, with his garage as office, then producing and selling a few pieces of his concepts , giving COMPELLING quality, and the rest became history.

You too can be another biggie in the making.....Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The US deemed the LRAD weapon....."not a weapon" and exported it to China. Getting around our own embargo on them to sell them something.

They will find it handy for amphibious landings.

That should be bigger news than the "Fast and Furious" ATF running guns into Mexico.

Obama gave China LRAD, a directed energy weapon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canned2na
Plus they constantly fly their stupid "Lone Star" flag either on top of or elevated higher than the US flag! Then there is that whole "Don't mess with Texas" thing. I mean seriously... talk about brainwashing. Texas takes it to another level.
/Texas Rant

I don't think the US will let its country get carved up like a turkey dinner like that. Probably gonna be some kind of conflict.

Texas is the only State in the Union that can do that based on the fact it was an independant nation prior to joining the United States.

You see brainwashing, others see it as being patriotic, instilling a sense of pride about where they live, both in Texas and the United States. We see time and again people from other countries coming to the US, and instead of meshing, combining their old country values / beliefs with those of their new country, they do everything they can to not integrate.

Being the topic is China, we can look there and see how that works. China goes to great lengths to prevent the loss of their culture and beliefs (albeit in the wrong manner but thats another topic for another day). China goes out of their way to instill pride in their citizens on what China today can as opposed to where they started out at.

The US as a whole has lost that.... I believe that is just one of the reasons we are in the situation we are in with China. If we can fix our morale problem and take pride in this country once again, I would imagine that we would need to rely less on China.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
And who would fault the chinese for attacking a country who couldnt pay their debt?

edit on 9/20/2011 by Immune because: f

Your logic here just cleared the UnitedStates to invade almost every country on the planet. If China pulls margin call in that fashio, then maybe the US should as well?

It means we would need to invade Europe though since the bulk of the Marshall Aid funds have never been completely repaid.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
US says China violates international trade rules with chicken tariffs, files complaint at WTO

WASHINGTON — The United States filed a complaint Tuesday with the World Trade Organization that says China violated international trade rules when it imposed tariffs last year on U.S. chicken exports.

The tariffs affect an industry that employs about 300,000 people, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk said. They ranged from 50 to 100 percent, a U.S. trade official said. That means some Chinese importers paid as much as twice the price for U.S. chicken.

“We will not stand still if we believe that China has violated its commitments as a WTO member and is therefore threatening American jobs,” Kirk said.

The case is one of several that U.S. trade officials have filed against China this year at the WTO. The United States has also filed complaints about Chinese tariffs on steel products and its subsidies of wind power equipment.

The Obama administration has faced pressure to take a tougher line with China.

I don't know how this will impact either nation, or if it is just more posturing. What I wanted to add is this is obviously nowhere close to the speculation in this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueSuperman

LMAO chicken tarrifs is the best they could do

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
reply to post by TrueSuperman

LMAO chicken tarrifs is the best they could do

Yeah, that pretty well sums up my initial reaction too. With the recent actions by Chinese banks and all the speculation in this thread, I thought we were about to see something bold by the U.S.....Instead, they basically just said "See, we are doing something"

All bark, no bite.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Microsoft and quality don't belong together.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, considering US imposed tariffs on Chinese tires in the end benefitting neither countries but Thailand.

Hypocrisy, thy name is America.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueSuperman
I don't know how this will impact either nation, or if it is just more posturing. What I wanted to add is this is obviously nowhere close to the speculation in this thread.

Its a test balloon - shot across the bow.

The issues are bad enough, that it makes sense to start with a relatively minor problem.

It allows China the ability to save some face by changings its habbits before the big guns are pulled out. I also think its sends a message that the US is done with Chinese disregard of WTO / bilateral agreements.

They are being told that its a 2 way street, and that they need to remove the roadblock on the one heading their way.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Yeah, considering US imposed tariffs on Chinese tires in the end benefitting neither countries but Thailand.

Hypocrisy, thy name is America.

Tarrifs are lawful, so its nowhere close to being hypcritical.

How did you even come to this conclusion?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Tesla/free energy technology/cold fusion could save USA .Opening Alaska's reserves in the Gull Island could be another solution.Developing oil shale the best solution to our crisis .

USA needs to be a resource exporter not importer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join