It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to announce new China trade enforcement action

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Source

(Reuters) - U.S. trade officials will announce a major trade enforcement action against China on Tuesday, according to a U.S. Trade Representative's office advisory obtained from a business group.

This could be quite interesting.

China just dropped France like a hot potatoe, and is bailing out of the euro-zone as we speak.

And now I see the above article on Reuters.

There is blood in the water, and a lot of sabre rattleing all of the sudden.

It should be very interesting to see what, exactly, will be announced tomorrow.

Does anyone care to make any bets?

I am thinking we are going to up the cost of China's exports into our country (Trade Tarriffs). Which will be disaster for China, and in a round-about-way, disaster for us. (OMG NO MORE CHEAP CHINA PLASTIC!!! nooo!)

Whats your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Seeing as we have done sold out to China this could be a very bad move. I hope someone knows what they are doing or this is going to cost us a lot more than it does them.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My thoughts are that in isolation, these stories would be very concerning. In light of everything else happening right now and for the next 5-10 days, I think I have another long night ahead of me. Europe markets open at 3am Eastern time and I suppose I'll be up a couple hours past that to see if they start tanking. If so? It's off to Walmart (what else is open before dawn in small town America?) to stock essentials I'm never full with before the ripple effect across the prices start.

What else can possibly be done or happen between now and next Monday?? I asked this as a joke in an other thread a couple days ago...never imagining how Mr Murphy would come to answer it.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
The chinese should have been selling us cheap healthcare, then everyone would be happy

link   
This has been a topic of converation lately, and is slowly going down the drain. Everything from currency manipulation, resource hording to the point of mainpulating prices on the open market, currency manipulation with record surpluses to china, refusal to enforce patent / copyright treaties, refusal to allow foriegn companies into their markets, WTO violations / complaints being filed.

Major differences now appearing in territorial disputes in Asia....

Military muscle flexing / saber ratteling....

things are getting interesting...

Hopefully no one sneezes and squeezes off a round.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

So... we are coercing the country that we owe billions to? Smart move US whistle-blowers. /sarcasm

But seriously I really don't expect this whole thing with the global economy to blow over well. WWIII? Collapse of UN? Isolationist polices for all? Who knows.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
The chinese should have been selling us cheap healthcare, then everyone would be happy

Ugh, it'd be covered in lead, and mercury. no thanks. I'll stick to what I can afford, and toss the "free healthcare" out with the trash.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
imo everyone better hold onto their seats, because it looks like we are going to go on a wild ride from here on out...
After we make our move on China, those sabers won't be rattling any more, they'll be slicing and dicing our economy to bits...I'm sure China will be wanting to collect on our debt to them real soon.

link   

Originally posted by Canned2na
reply to post by fixer1967

So... we are coercing the country that we owe billions to? Smart move US whistle-blowers. /sarcasm

But seriously I really don't expect this whole thing with the global economy to blow over well. WWIII? Collapse of UN? Isolationist polices for all? Who knows.

Actually, your hitting the nail on the head. The history of every fiat currency ends very, very badly.

Now that we have bigger, deadlier weapons, it will be much, much messier.. Used to be the biggest thing you worried about was a Balista. Now it's a nuclear mirv warhead, or EMP from space.

Either way, prepare for what you can, and thats all you can do.

link   
On a conspiracy note....

anyone else find it interesting that a major announcement will occur tomorrow, press confernce and all, on the day the palestinian UN vote occurs?
edit on 19-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is this serious?? oh my gosh!! are US really threatening its moneylender?? Now this is getting weider over the hour. It´s looking like a bad mexican novela with unrealistic twists and so....

edit on 19-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
Is this serious?? oh my gosh!! are US really threatening its moneylender?? Now this is getting weider over the hour. It´s looking like a bad mexican novela with unrealistic twists and so....

We owe them money, not our sovereignty...

there is a difference...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well,its about time actually. As much as we are intertwined with China,China has no interests in abiding by any laws we place on them,or the world for that matter. I think the lender will be asking for COD,after this. It might be a tough winter for the US.
edit on 19-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Well I doubt it'll go far, but I been saying this is what we need to do. And those companies who fled to China will be forced to come back to the USA (not likely since there is India and Japan and other countries to go for cheap labor) But if they start doing this to all of those maybe our companies will come back I hope. This could be a good move, but I am doubtful they will put it through.
But if we don't there's going to continue to be job shortages so sooner or later no one is going to be left to buy that Chinese junk anyway. (Except the illegal immigrants*)
edit on 19-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: * to add

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

there is a difference...

Capitalism at its finest. Money is everything remember??
Bussiness are bussiness anybody?? nothing personal??
There is no sovereign anymore. Just big corporations.

But i hope the people start to wake a little bit to see what´s is developing within the so called "consumer societies" where capital and money is "everything.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yea would be nice to see American companies come home and produce American made products again.

Would also be great to see a non-fiat currency be used, and government be honest and transparent.

Sadly, it'd be like wishing for a utopian society.. ain't gonna happen.

Agree'd GreenCo, definitely a weird week indeed. At least it'll be an interesting one, to say the least. History in the making, I dare say.

Where go from here tho, is all up in the air.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

there is a difference...

Capitalism at its finest. Money is everything remember??
Bussiness are bussiness anybody?? nothing personal??
There is no sovereign anymore. Just big corporations.

But i hope the people start to wake a little bit to see what´s is developing within the so called "consumer societies" where capital and money is "everything.

Hmm, sort of liek that kid almost dying because he sold his kidney on the black market? Kind of like those people more concerend about their social lives, then their kids? kind of like those that go tens of thousands of dollars in debt to keep up with the jones?

Not hard to see all that, especially in this day and age.

Unabated consumerism, without the responsibility is just wonderful, isn't it? /sarc off

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well,its about time actually. As much as we are intertwined with China,China has no interests in abiding by any laws we place on them,or the world for that matter. I think the lender will be asking for COD,after this. It might be a tough winter for the US.
edit on 19-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Better to deal with it now, rather than later... Any action taken to get our house back in order will be difficult, but it needs to be done.

Id rather wait in a food line if it means getting things fixed rather than line up every morning at 7am and sing March of the Volunteers.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

the PRC government would beg to differ with you on calling them a corporation, or suggesting they answer to one or are controlled by one.

Sovereignty is very much alive and well....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ETA: I Agree with you
Even though they are trying so hard to end it.
But you can only force feed so much garbage to sentient beings before they demand their sovereignity back!! Go look at history, all the slaves fought for their sovreignity, nobody is going to give it up peacefully!

edit on 20-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join