It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of the Dinosaurs, a Cold Case File?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ok, so according to WISE, Nasa's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, the death of the dinosaurs was not caused by a meteorite impact. So, this news comes at a time when Elenin could be a threat. I'm not saying I believe in Elenin beind our doomsday meteor, I just find the timing to be a little odd. What are your thoughts and opignions on both the death of the dinosaurs and what contributed to their demise.

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
they have argued for years over what actually killed the dino's and probably will untill they can actually without a doubt 100% prove it and show it in physical form thats what did it...but someone will still say no it didnt heres why!!!! just like elenin gonna end life its not BIG enough to do it....its tiny in comparison to what would be needed to end life...at worst it hits causes huge wave kills crap ton of people and life goes on.....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sometimes the truth hurts..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

It can also strike Yellowstone, cause the Supervolcano to erupt, and indirectly cause the San Andreas to shatter, which in turn causes the Cascadia to shift, then the entire ring of fire goes off, volcanoes and earthquakes everywhere, etc etc.

Or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

ok you make a point there..ill give you that....but for people to constantly believe its going to do what it is even after many have said its not even coming close enough to impact and they still argue it will is dumb.....at this point im pretty sure we would know for a fact if at all it would get close enough to be a threat...and as of now its not.. we have more to worry about that 7 ton sat coming down then this itty bitty rock.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

Funniest thing I've seen all day. Thanks for that

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

hgahahahahah love it

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I hadn't thought of that. But a chain reaction of events set off but an impact makes sence to me. Out of the box...nice.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I agree with you. I was suspicious of Elenin at the start, but that went away after it got much closer. The only remaining suspicions I have with it at all are the alignment dates. I don't believe Elenin is causing these quakes, per se. I'm rather suspicious of TPTB, who do, as it appears, like to play the "numbers" game, and are into symbolism, as it were. Could Elenin just be a scapegoat? I think our questions will be answered in a week from today, on September 27th, the only alignment we'll have actually had since March 11th (or to be precise, March 15th).

In fact, if anything happens in the next week, it'll raise my suspicions. Not of the Comet, but of TPTB.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Hahaha! funny, thanx

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

i would agree to this but as i see it right now we as a people are walking a very thin line at this point.....and who ever is pulling the string is about to break it...the past has showen us one thing and one thing only...death is unavoidable...we all die.....but at the same time its like cornering a dog sure it can be lovey dovey but if u corner it and scare the crap out of it..it'll defend itself till the death..its nature just like humans if you corner us and we know we got nothing left...we become unpredictable and dangerous....and at this point it looks like we are almost to the point we have nothing left to lose....we've practically lost everything anyways. so lets see what happens...i like how china grew a set and the U.S.A. is gonna slap them around with theirs.....this could be interesting.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I think you right. Until they find concrete proof, they will never know what caused their demise. There are many theories out there about their deaths including this one.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

BAHAHAHAHAHAA that's the funniest thing ive read all day....and my day just started...haha ah man....see as long as you can think it happened someone has to prove it didnt...and untill you can say and even then someone will argue what happened we wont know so build us a time machine lets go back and see what reallly did them in...cuz you know even if u did someone would call BS on you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I just watched a documentary tonight on the evolution of dinosaurs, apparently velociraptors evolved into turkeys.

I mentioned on a thread a few days ago that chicken DNA is similar to T-Rex DNA, and that dinosaurs have been found to have had feathers.

So in short, there was no extinction, nature just decided to give us something to go with our Sunday/Christmas roast.

You're talking millions of years of evolution, whats to say they didn't just shrink and take to the skies? It would explain seagulls, evil little buggers that they are.
edit on 20/9/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

damn sea chickens pooping all over.....but yeh w.e did happen to them they died......not just one or two but almost ALL! so something did happen and maybe some lived to change or they had already begun to change before and did what the mammals did and hid underground n road out the storm..we can never really say without a reasonable 100% doubt what happened unless we could go back in time and watch...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm no expert but perhaps the bird theory is better supported than I imagined. How come we don't have a fossil record with little dinosaurs? or do we? I really don't know. Perhaps early human or modern humans killed off the dinosaurs to make a better world. I think the fossil record is a shard from a broken bottle.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

We do have the fossil record, long before the bigger velociraptor of Jurassic Park fame (which apparently was only waist high), there was a smaller variety about the size of a yorkshire terrier. At some point the line split, some got bigger and got wiped out, and some stayed smaller and evolved into turkeys. So says the documentary I watched.

top topics

join