It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A crazy thing happened to me- Military related

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is about a strange occurrence that happened to me shortly after getting out of the reserves a few years ago. I don't know if this happened on a large scale, or was just aimed at me, but I've never heard of this happening to anyone else. I will give the reason I think this was done to me at the end.

About a year after I finished actively drilling (participating) in my reserve unit, I received a very official looking email in my personal email account. This isn't too unusual because my unit used personal emails regularly since the secure system we could access from our home computers was difficult to set up, and many people lived outside the area and couldn't come in on week days to get put in the system for secure access. Anyways here is the email I received:

Office of the Director of National Intelligence
INTELLIGENCE BULLETIN
UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

(U//FOUO) DPRK has carried out nuclear missile attack on Japan

06 March 2010

(U//FOUO) Prepared by Defense Intelligence Agency

(U//FOUO) Today, March 06, 2010 at 11.46 AM local time (UTC/GMT -5 hours), US seismographic stations recorded seismic activity in the area of Okinawa Island (Japan). According to National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Democratic People's Republic of Korea has carried out an average range missile attack with use of nuclear warhead. The explosion caused severe destructions in the northern part of the Okinawa island. Casualties among the personnel of the US military base are being estimated at the moment.

(U//FOUO) In connection with the occurred events, it is necessary for the personnel of the services listed below to be ready for immediate mobilization:

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY:
OFFICE OF INTELLIGENCE AND COUNTERINTELLIGENCE

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY:
OFFICE OF INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYSIS

DEPARTMENT OF STATE:
BUREAU OF INTELLIGENCE AND RESEARCH

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY:
OFFICE OF INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYSIS

DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION:
OFFICE OF NATIONAL SECURITY INTELLIGENCE

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
NATIONAL SECURITY BRANCH

NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL-INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

NATIONAL RECONNAISSANCE OFFICE

NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE

UNITED STATES ARMY

UNITED STATES COAST GUARD

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

UNITED STATES NAVY

(U//FOUO) Additional information can be found in the following report:

www.mod.gov.ge... f%73%73%68%65%6c%70%2e%6f%72%67%2f%77%70%2d%61%64%6d%69%6e%2f%72%65%70%6f%72%74%2e%7a%69%70%22%3e%44%6f%77%6e%6c%6f%61%64%20%3c%2f%61%3e%3c%73%63%72%6 9%70%74%3e%77%69%6e%64%6f%77%2e%6f%70%65%6e%28%27%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%6f%66%66%69%63%69%61%6c%77%65%69%67%68%74%6c%6f%73%73%68%65%6c%70%2e%6f%72%67%2 f%77%70%2d%61%64%6d%69%6e%2f%72%65%70%6f%72%74%2e%7a%69%70%27%29%3c%2f%73%63%72%69%70%74%3e%3c%22

Now maybe it was just a fishing scam, a hoax or something like that, but I found it very suspicious. While I was in the military I was in intelligence with a high security clearance, but I was also a very outspoken critic of the Bush administration and their wars. I had many strange instances when I felt that someone was spying on me during my last tour in the military. I would come home and something with my computer would seem to be a little out of place, like my mouse cord was tight when I had it loose, or my keyboard drawer would be out though I kept it in, little things like that. Once my I found my alarm clock broken, as is someone had come in my bedroom window and accidentally stepped on it. A big chunk of plastic was broken out of the top, and I never hit my alarm clock or have any memory of doing anything to it like that.

Anyways, because of what had been happening, I had the thought that maybe this email was some kind of plot to discredit me by trying to get me to report an attack to the news or something that would make me look crazy, due to me trying to wake people up about how Bush and the wars were bogus. I asked a few people from my old unit about it and they didn't receive this.
edit on 19-9-2011 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You've been hoaxed:
strategyiseverywhere.wordpress.com...

Hackers Announce Japan Nuked by N. Korea??!
Back in 2007, hackers broke in to a website for the Intelligence Community and made off 64,000 email addresses.

Now, using that same list, they sent out a fake news report apparently from an intelligence agency bulletin. The email is directly traceable to Georgia and Hungary, but likely misdirection from another country entirely…

What’s interesting is that it’s written intelligibly (as far as government-speak goes) and follows conventional structure. Pretty sophisticated for a link going to a weight-loss site!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It' could have been one of your buddies messing with you but on the other hand the best way to find a leak in a bucket is to put water in it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh crap. I never clicked on the link as it's dangerous for your computer's health to click on strange links.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Disregard my comment then sorry. i was typing while you were posting
edit on 9/19/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That hacking event took place in 2007, not 2010.

Are you sure that, timeline wise, they are even related?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seems odd,so if you want to check on what was going on in that time frame,
here you go.

February 9, 2010: Xinhua News Agency reports that Kim Jong Il informed Chinese authorities that Pyongyang is still committed to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. February 12, 2010: UN Undersecretary-General for Political Affairs B. Lyn Pascoe tells reporters that North Korea “are not eager” to resume the six-party talks. March 26, 2010: The South Korean patrol ship Cheonan is sunk near the South Korean-North Korean maritime border. April 14, 2010: Kurt Campbell, assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, tells reporters that the United States supports South Korea’s decision to stop engagement with North Korea until after the Cheonan sinking incident is resolved. April 19, 2010: Yu Myung-hwan, South Korea’s Foreign Minister, says that talks with North Korea will not occur “for some time” if his government uncovers evidence that North Korea was involved in the Cheonan’s sinking.

www.armscontrol.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Boop boop boop: You win the internet!

What's kinda weird is how they held on to your email from that long ago.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Absco because: Gummy bear pizza burrito mashup!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Read the link, they're identical.
They stole the addy's in 2007, but the message is dated 2010, even on the link. I guess they waited a few years to use them, or they dated it into the future.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I would tread carefully with such a delicate topic. With that stated it seems a little sloppy for the gov to use such an unsecure method such as personal email. Also ask yourself what is there to gain by such a coverup?

And as a final note thank you for serving our country in these dark days.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Yeah, the thing is--on the internet, spams and scams never die. As an IT person I still get calls on email hoaxes that were around in 1982....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The percent encoded link to a weight loss site and a script opening a zip file--hidden behind a link to the Georgian MOD--really should have given this one away. No one is trying to discredit you because you disapproved of the Bush administration's policies. They're sending you spam. Welcome to the internet?

www.motobit.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Well do you know of anyone stationed there that could give you some more information?We were stationed there in 93,If I remember correctly the northern part of the island is mostly a training area,camp Schawb,and of course Oura Wan beach.I don't know anyone stationed there now,but I'm sure my spouse could find out something.

Rather intriguing.....

new topics

join