It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roast of Charlie Sheen - Amy Schumer to Steve-O

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Did anyone else hear what she said to Steve-O at the roast? She said something along these lines

"Steve-O we are all sorry about Ryan Dunn and we know you said that you wish it could have been you but we were wishing why was it not!!!??"

Now sure its a roast but still that was very heartless

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Those roasts are pretty brutal... and can really cross the line of decency at times.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
In my opinion this was pretty much the most questionable thing that was said during the entire program. But then again anything goes at a roast, or at least that what I have learned from roasts in the past. I just finished watching myself, and I thought overall that it was okay. Some parts were pretty funny though.

Did anyone watch Two and Half Men? I usually don't watch the show but wanted to see how things would play out. The jokes in the beginning seemed really forced in my opinion, as well as some of the other parts throughout the rest of the show. Since I normally do not watch sitcoms, I couldn't help but wonder "is this really what people watch to entertain themselves?" I just came to the realization that everyone's time could be better spent, and the reality of "media control" and its impact on the dumbing-down of society is really large.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There are no lines in comedy. It's all a matter of taste.

Who knows what he might have said to her off stage? He didn't seem to think it was funny but that's not her fault.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ehh i thought it was still a little tooo soon for a joke of that caliber...but its comedy after all and anything goes.....i enjoyed the roast alot specially the captain kirk is an A hole i laughed soo hard haha...over all it was good slayer entrance was sickk....the new 2 half men with ash i watched today first 10mins was funny rest sucked his still not funny and they totally f'd the show....but good roast

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

yea it is still early imo. but i loved the mike tyson bits! its prolly just his voice tho...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There ARE lines in comedy, and she crossed it. Steve-o's best friend JUST died.

I mean, did you see the look on his face? That was so sad.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

i saw it to
i felt horrible. he went from
to

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by faint1993
There ARE lines in comedy, and she crossed it. Steve-o's best friend JUST died.

I mean, did you see the look on his face? That was so sad.

yeh it was wayyy to soon for that makes me think of the south park episode joke about aids and how they said it had to be like 20 years before they could joke about it haha you dont just make fun of someones best friend who just died.......she just wasnt using her head and im betting more so that she got tore up back stage by everyone....steve o was so sad he ran into tysons fist

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I hope steve o and mike tyson eiffel tower dat chick

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just now got back from volleyball tourney. Watching now with a few beers, and playing cards. I will report back.

S&F for the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
yea it was really the only joke that i thought was outta line too

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Seth's Amy Whinehouse jab was great.

Man, his movie montage was awesome - this guy's done everything man. On the screen, and in life. # it - I admire the guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Great - now, I'm gonna be waiting for this one joke while Amy's up.

ha ha ha - sorry, this may hafta be my running recap thread, as I watch - try to ignore me.

(or, enjoy the interjections until I get to the joke)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
LMFAO - Seth is tearing it up...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
John Lovitz - not bad (odd, but not bad).

But, let's be honest - any Roast without Greg Giraldo (R.I.P.), Lisa Lamp, or Nick DiPalo, etc (the usuals) is going to be lacking.

Still giving this one a chance - pretty pleased, so far.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

oh god. lisa lamp jokes with mike tyson in the room. that would be a show lol

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Kate who? from Private what? She's not a Roaster... Oh, and, Mike Tyson, and Amy Shumer... not there yet but who are these shouldn't-be-Roasters....

My hopes are dropping until Anthony Jeselnik or Jeff Ross hit the stage. Heck, I'll take Shatner, right now.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Kate who? from Private what? She's not a Roaster... Oh, and, Mike Tyson, and Amy Shumer... not there yet but who are these shouldn't-be-Roasters....

My hopes are dropping until Anthony Jeselnik or Jeff Ross hit the stage. Heck, I'll take Shatner, right now.

you'll know the joke when you hear it i hope you dont have anything liquid in your mouth at the time you may spit it out and go WHAAAAAT THE!!!! did she....its one of those moments...shatner rips it up BADDDDDD haha

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

shatner wasnt that bad in my opinion

top topics

<<   2 >>

join