It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : China pulls the plug on Europe, especially on France

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Very informative

Instantly, visions like these of the EU's future comes to mind:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47800f231911.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b47c6160afe.jpeg[/atsimg]

SMH

edit on 9/20/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Parity between the Dollar and Loony is more related to the devaluing of the Dollar (raising the loony relatively) while oil prices rise (Canada is a petrol dollar, when oil rises, so does their currency). Plus, people are buying loonies because of their relative stability.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetT

I've read about their massive housing bubble, and their huge ghost cities that noone can afford to live in. Interesting. My friend is Chinese and went there just last yr, had been gone for 14 yrs but went to see relatives. He was in shock at the amount of money and wealth that his friends and family had acquired since he was last there. And the amount of privately owned vehicles, which they do the registering of so that you can drive them on an auction type basis, the highest payer wins the right to be able to drive their car..registar it. But like I said he was in shock at their new wealth.. When he left he said everyone was so poor. 14 yrs is not that long of a time for such huge changes if you think about it. I told him then when he left to get his relatives to let him buy some Yuan as it will make him rich, he is thinking about doing it.

14 years ago, The US was quite prosperous.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Great Property Bubble of China May Be Popping

online.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
1,331,460,000 Chinese people.Nearly 60% of soybean production goes to China.These people can talk economic sanctions all they want. They can keep their money,and eat it also,because if it really gets ugly,embargoes of necessities will happen,along with huge tariffs on what China needs.

Can the United States feed China?

Americans know economic collapse is inevitable.What the Chinese dont know is how its going to feed its people once we go down.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The last thing the Chinese want to do is inflate their RMB. This is their only real advantage to compete.
They loose this then things start going south.
Effects have already started to take place with the clothing industry. Now alot of factories are shutting down in Guangdong province because of the sheer price. Buyers are moving to Bangladesh to establish their lines.
Other such things as shoes are going to Vietnam and Indonesia for manufacturing because the costs are too high in China.
Anyone who has been to China will tell you about the vast gap between the rich and poor. Chinese by nature are greedy and manipulative telling you what you want to hear at first. Anything to get what they want.
As I always tell my clients who ask me on how to deal and approach factories here. I always say "DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT'S BEEN TOLD TO YOU, IT'S A TRAP". In order to deal with the Chinese you have to think like A Chinese. After many years I still am learning how to deal with people and business here. I have had to use tricks that i'd be ashamed of using back at home to get what I want.
Why do you think that Trump hates dealing with the Chinese in business. Because he can't. They are even too cunning for him.

Bottom line. Don't trust anything you hear. This is a textbook Chinese move,

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thrax
Waiting for earthquake in China....caused by HAARP of course.

You people want to believe that you can do anything. Guess what? Look at your own life. Is it going as you planned?

And your country is made up of people like you. Guess what? I think you get the picture.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
1,331,460,000 Chinese people.Nearly 60% of soybean production goes to China.These people can talk economic sanctions all they want. They can keep their money,and eat it also,because if it really gets ugly,embargoes of necessities will happen,along with huge tariffs on what China needs.

Can the United States feed China?

Americans know economic collapse is inevitable.What the Chinese dont know is how its going to feed its people once we go down.

There is one problem to this hypothesis?

China is a large country with its own resources. It can survive without USA as it has for thousands of years.

I may add - commerce does not die in times of war. Even USA will need money, and goods manufactured elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

China's ability to feed a fifth of the world's population will become tougher because of land degradation, urbanisation and over-reliance on fossil-fuels and fertiliser, a United Nations envoy warned today as grain and meat prices climbed on global markets................

China's ability to feed its people questioned by UN expert Shrinking arable land making it harder to maintain agricultural output, says Olivier De Schutter, as food prices rise in China

China needs to reduce food production on its dry northern plains or aquifers will diminish to a "dire" level in 30 years, one the country's leading groundwater experts has warned.

"The water situation in the North China plain does not allow much longer for irrigation," Zheng said. "We need to reduce food production even though it is politically difficult. It would be much more economical to import."

The government will be reluctant to accept such a radical step, which could weaken the country's ability to feed itself. But it may not have a choice.

China told to reduce food production or face 'dire' water levels Food must be imported and water use tightly regulated to protect dwindling supply, a leading groundwater expert has warned

China may not be able to meet sharply rising food demand from its domestic resources, a senior Chinese agriculture official said, indicating room for further growth in imports.

China Sees Food Need Rising

Good luck eating T-Bills.................

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Ahhh....Mainland China figured out France's hustle.

France sold Taiwan some military frigates. Later on there was a Taiwan Court that said France illegally "bribed" people and fined France almost $1 Billion. It was merely a technicality so France can keep trading with Taiwan "to pay off its debt"....express ship almost $1 Billion in military hardware.

"To pay its debt".

Germany just a few years ago supported the "One China" policy.....not anymore. They're on the band wagon now as well to rip Taiwan from China.

US/Europe/Russia all will gang on China and repeat the Boxer Rebellion. All will force China to pay "reparations".

If you study history, it repeats itself.

If I was in the same room........ THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ENTERED THE BOXER REBELLION LAST! And if the USA didn't enter into the Boxer rebellion China would of been split up between the European powers and turned into colonies/conquered territories(that was actually one of America's public reason's for entering the Boxer rebellion aka "Open door policy with China". That was the sole reason the USA joined the effort to protect China(and granted our access to the Chinese market). Ignorant people like you make my blood boil.

Here is a news flash to you mr ignorant. The USA took our portion of the "reparations" to pay troops cost's only and then GAVE THE REST BACK TO CHINA(unheard of generosity, ever in history)! The Chinese used that money to send Chinese citizens to America to study and return back to China. China and the US had such a close relation that American's volunteered to join the Chinese military to help defend China before the US formally entered the war against Japan(while with the British we only gave them some of our old ships and some cash).

If the Communist's wouldn't have won the Chinese Civil war, the USA and China would be attached at the hip allies. I think the last 20-30 years has been about repairing that relationship. And no one can deny that sure the USA get's cheap goods from China, but we gave them the ability to build those "cheap goods" and the prosperity it brought them.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetT
reply to post by Hanslune

Well this is true, but since Hillary Clinton went to China in 09, she made them promises that we will have to keep, and that includes imminent domain if we are not able to pay them back, this is the stipulation that keeps them buying US treasuries..It is not talked about in MSM. But she had to do this to keep them buying. This is what they dont want you to know.
One other thing, they know if the US money is no good or is only worth 10 cents on the dollar, they will lose money, this is why they had to have a guarantee from the US that they would pay back at the rate they want. This will cause us many heartaches if the debt is not paid back to them on their terms. We will lose vast expanses of land, cities, businesses etc.
edit on 20-9-2011 by SweetT because: (no reason given)

Another idiot spreading disinfo. Prove it or stfu. As what your asserting would be an act of outright treason if it was proven to be true.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

China's ability to feed a fifth of the world's population will become tougher because of land degradation, urbanisation and over-reliance on fossil-fuels and fertiliser, a United Nations envoy warned today as grain and meat prices climbed on global markets................

China's ability to feed its people questioned by UN expert Shrinking arable land making it harder to maintain agricultural output, says Olivier De Schutter, as food prices rise in China

China needs to reduce food production on its dry northern plains or aquifers will diminish to a "dire" level in 30 years, one the country's leading groundwater experts has warned.

"The water situation in the North China plain does not allow much longer for irrigation," Zheng said. "We need to reduce food production even though it is politically difficult. It would be much more economical to import."

The government will be reluctant to accept such a radical step, which could weaken the country's ability to feed itself. But it may not have a choice.

China told to reduce food production or face 'dire' water levels Food must be imported and water use tightly regulated to protect dwindling supply, a leading groundwater expert has warned

China may not be able to meet sharply rising food demand from its domestic resources, a senior Chinese agriculture official said, indicating room for further growth in imports.

China Sees Food Need Rising

Good luck eating T-Bills.................

Land degradation and depletion of water resources is a problem EVERYWHERE, why only in China?

China can import food as long as it has goods to export, even in times of war.

If it is nuclear war, it will not last long. Otherwise, commerce is very likely to continue.

Chinese are very good in enslaving their own people. Look at North Korea. China can fight even if half of its population is dying.

I think the mindset in USA must change. Everybody has to confront his/her problems. Blaming neigbour will not set your house in order.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2011 by vedatruth because: double post

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I am saying due to the cheap labor,and the way they have destroyed their land,for economic bliss,in the end they stand to lose more then the US. Have you seen pollution in China? Have you seen the haves and the have nots? The US can produce enough food for itself.China is importing its food,and will have to because of it .I gave links to support it. They cannot support their populace,Period,without help. It will get worse in China.They have had MASS starvation in the past.Yes,they have survived,but I could see embargo's,and tariffs put in place,as the US is already going to do,on smaller levels.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I am saying due to the cheap labor,and the way they have destroyed their land,for economic bliss,in the end they stand to lose more then the US. Have you seen pollution in China? Have you seen the haves and the have nots? The US can produce enough food for itself.China is importing its food,and will have to because of it .I gave links to support it. They cannot support their populace,Period,without help. It will get worse in China.They have had MASS starvation in the past.Yes,they have survived,but I could see embargo's,and tariffs put in place,as the US is already going to do,on smaller levels.

I think it is difficult to put 'tariffs and embargoes'.
If China has US dollars, they can buy all the food they need from USA.
If prices go up, they will go up for Americans too.

I think you should study WTO more.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Americans themselves have promoted the concept of inter-dependence of countries. This is what 'GLOBALIZATION' is.

Now you are saying USA imported goods against USD, now held with foreigners. Foreigners sold you goods in good faith, because they thought they could use the USD in times of need. Now you say that these USD are worthless.

The logic doesnot work.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

We can produce EVERYTHING we need in the USA,what do we actually need from China?

Trinkets ?

Even more to end NAFTA,CAFTA,and most favored nation status to China. America needs to stop worrying about new gadgets,creditcards,and live within its means.We need a Wake-up call. .End ALL wars.That would save the US,a bunch of money.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

How is GLOBALIZATION working for the world?

Heres a GREAT article on it.

Why Globalization Will Fail

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

We can produce EVERYTHING we need in the USA,what do we actually need from China?

Trinkets ?

Even more to end NAFTA,CAFTA,and most favored nation status to China. America needs to stop worrying about new gadgets,creditcards,and live within its means.We need a Wake-up call. .End ALL wars.That would save the US,a bunch of money.

Yes, you can live within your means. Yes, you can produce whatever you consume.

I think it is about East India company. Look at Great Britain before and after colonization. Compare the living standards.

The millions of people working for a starvation wage for Great Britain worked wonders.

It is all about greed. It is all about power.

Can you get over greed? Yes you can. Will your government? Not so sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Dont know if the Government can,or those in power but......................

A change is coming.

Star for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join