It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : China pulls the plug on Europe, especially on France

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
China is really in an unenviable state with the only choices being of providing a free lunch to Europeans or Americans.

Not sure if they are considering backing an international trading currency that gives them a choice of not providing a free lunch to either of these psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well FINALLY...
BNP Freefalling

Well, as expected, the Chinese news finally filtered through to the vacuum tubes. It took them a few hours... But it is finally there. BNP is down 7.3% at last check and tumbling. Comments from the IMF, which is always behind the curve, are not helping.

BNP down 25% since Thursday highs.

The news got through... now we'll see which other banks it affects. Bank runs we can believe in.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
May have somethng to do with Libya and future contracts that France will get and not China because China got into bed with mad gaddaffi!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Market did not react to this at all.

Chinese are very good at making grand statements without little followup.

Just one of those 'news' without meaning.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
China has its own issue pending (too many people). I see bubbles already and they havent learnt anything from western economic history because they are so f..k..g arrogant!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We are about to have another banking crisis. I am totally sure it is coming. I am sure that the recession began much earlier than was ever admitted. It was covered up for political reasons. I am in business, so get a "feel" for the way people's spending habits change. I also studied economics, so have an interest in the bigger picture.

Finance is currently impossible to get for business. We are buying equipment outright rather than using any finance at all. The only way I got my companies through this recession was because we had no borrowings and therefore no interest payments. I would have gone under if this hadnt been the case.

Just before the last crisis, our then bank, Natwest started behaving oddly, they held back clearing and used excuses to bounce cheques. I changed banks because they were so bad. My current bank seems fine (Barclays), and we have had no problems with them.

Friends and clients have been telling me recently of odd behaviour of their banks. Similar to what I experienced with Natwest a few years ago.

Most companies seem to have mountains of debt. How they can service that debt and make a profit in these days of reduced margins is beyond me.

I 100% believe that the worst is yet to come. A bloody big reset of the system is needed. There is not enough money in the world to pay off all the debt. Maybe time for the whole world to declare bankrupt and start again?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am sure one country (like USA) will end up turning round at some point and wipe all debts off.

Then other countries will follow suit.

Other countries will just get fed up with it, but what can they do.

If one country has the balls to write off debt then no one can do anything about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well I'm never surprised since I started sitting up and listening to this guy.....

Gerald Celente always a head of the game.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by persianista

You may well be right!!!

I have long thought that the problem is too big to fix and too long in the valley!!

Lets see what happens. A total write off would be in the en the only option!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Waiting for earthquake in China....caused by HAARP of course.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dont worry they have already brewed their own downfall. Com to Cap!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ahhh....Mainland China figured out France's hustle.

France sold Taiwan some military frigates. Later on there was a Taiwan Court that said France illegally "bribed" people and fined France almost $1 Billion. It was merely a technicality so France can keep trading with Taiwan "to pay off its debt"....express ship almost $1 Billion in military hardware.

"To pay its debt".

Germany just a few years ago supported the "One China" policy.....not anymore. They're on the band wagon now as well to rip Taiwan from China.

US/Europe/Russia all will gang on China and repeat the Boxer Rebellion. All will force China to pay "reparations".

If you study history, it repeats itself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

none of this is any good! I also agree this is a move towards first a one world currency then towards a one world government. Anytime there are losers on the horizon you can bet that it wont be the elite. All these headlines are just another excuse to bring harder times to the masses and impliment an end game. All the monetary system is, is just a way to keep the serfs in line, keep the population down, create wars, monies and take all we have through a participation in this system which is a rigged game set up against the nieve peoples of the world that have no choice but to participate if they want to eat, be sheltered, entertained, pass on their seed and survive.
Someday people will wake up to the fact that it's all been a scam. Just like the pyramid schemes of past bravado we are playing to the beat of the same tune different drummer. Until the truth of society brings unity, equality and justice to the forefront of civilization we will never have a free and democratic society based on selflessness to the whole!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
US and China need each other. The US is the largest consumer of Chinese goods. The largest portion of China's GDP is from exporting goods. The US needs China to keep buying it's debt. Symbiosis.

President Obama's and President Jintao's "special" representatives Timothy Geithner and Chinese Vice-Premier Wang Qishan met extensively multiple times this year working on the China-US Economic Co-op framework.
Full text of China-US economic co-op... China Daily

I'm not sure what that really means... But, I'm wagering that any threats made between the 2 countries publicly are mere fodder for the world audience to buy into.
edit on 20-9-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The problem with China is that the world put too much credence on it being a superpower. It is not. It may look like an economic powerhouse, but seriously, what had they produced? Kitchen utensils, garments, toys, underwear? A superpower?

It has trillions in reserves, but then look at its population size - 1.3 billion people, not 300million people. They gonna need zillions alone for total social expenditure in health, infrastructure, educationa,etc, which they ignored doing, but instead went into rearmaments, useless giant infrastructure constructions, bribing and enslaving africans for their resources, etc..

Many mistake that they are the BIGGEST lenders of US debts. That is UTTER STUPIDITY. The Biggest lenders were the AMERICAN PEOPLE themselves. China's portion is only a pathetic small part, which no one put a gun to its head to invest. Like any other gambler, the CCP gov wanted a piece of the action, so they will have to live with the gambling consequences, good or bad.

So stop looking toward China as a solution. They were never the solution. They had always been the problem, a small economic fry ( population/GDP ration) trying to be mighty, arrogantly playing in the big league. Whatever they do is inconsequential.
They may have nukes, but if the small boy CCP bully wanna play school yard brawls, then it best be prepared to face adults whom too have nukes/

Getting out of French bank is only what many other non-europeans are doing, not just China. Even europeans are doing so to their own banks. Best US don't interefere. American citizens cannot go on bailing out european banks. It's gotta end sometime and it is now.

Even germans had strongly voiced their opinion against bailing out european banks. Greeks, spaniards, italians, brits had already voice their displeasure at the banking cartels. The gravy train must end or europeans will be hjorribly enslaved for generations.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Dude, you got to listen to this mp3 with this guy Benjamin Budford, he tells exactly why China is doing all this.
The thread linked with the mp3 is simply the most epic interview I've ever heard and totally explains wtf is going on in the world. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trust me people...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The problem with China is that the world put too much credence on it being a superpower. It is not. It may look like an economic powerhouse, but seriously, what had they produced? Kitchen utensils, garments, toys, underwear? A superpower?

Well it very well could be MSM used as a tool by others to bolster their ego as it being a superpower (chinese politicos) and force them into the geopolitics to do something (good or stupid)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Honestly. I wish we would just print china a check buy back our debt and suffer the consequences now so we can stop sucking up to communists.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Should this advance to the point of china losing production and export they are not seperate from the west they supply economically, and to quell the brewing internal aggression against its own government, a new enemy will be sold to them and all you need to do now is pick your battlefield, literally, make a choice now.
I'll go with the unstable eastern and central middle east with incursions into south korea, taiwan and eastern pacific islands.
Killing off a few hundred million and drawing new maps when its all said and done is in the cards because that's all these mentally disturbed leader/bankers know, or care to know.
Buckle in.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
China is smart, and they have diversified into other currencies, doing trade with Russia in Rubels and Yuan. They have made agreements with the BRIC nations to deal in their own currencies, they have made agreements with the Arab emirents. They have been unloading US money by buying our own properties etc with it, and other things, this way they get something for the money and someone else is left with the US currency that keeps dropping. They also only continue to buy US Bonds because the US has promised to repay them before anyone else, by agreement of Imminent Domain to our debts. We will not win this, we have dug a hole with no way out, unless we default on our loans, but even then if they have been given Imminent Domain, that means that they can come take what ever here in the US that they feel would be worth the amt owed, such as California, Texas, The Statue of Liberty, Long Island, or any number of companies, homes, businesses or any state or federal building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join