It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China solar panel factory shut after protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

China solar panel factory shut after protests

www.bbc.co.uk

A solar panel factory in eastern China has been shut down after protests by local residents over pollution fears.

Some 500 villagers staged a three-day protest following the death of large numbers of fish in a local river.

Some demonstrators broke into the plant in Zhejiang province, destroying offices and overturning company cars before being dispersed by riot police.

Tests on water samples showed high levels of fluoride, which can be toxic in high doses, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Way to go Chinese people!

Fluoride is a poison. It has no purpose in our water supply other than keeping us docile and driving up our health care bill.

This was a leak from improperly stored fluoride at a factory that got into the river after bad weather.

It's about time people start standing up to these corporations because they don't care about our safety, and they have bought out our government so there is no one on our side anymore!

FDA, EPA, etc are all a revolving door... even supreme court. For example, one supreme court justice used to be a lawyer for Monsanto.. now he overseas those decisions!

We have got to stop this insanity some how!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Potassium is deadly too in large doses. But we still eat it in bananas. There is a difference between a little, and a lot. And in China, there is a lot of chemical contamination happening...
edit on 19-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Clearly fluoride docility is wearing off and/or has never worked anyway.....

Lots of things are deadly in large doses - iron, oxygen, even water! Yes - drinking too much water can kill you!!
edit on 19-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now they are worried about pollution? Haven't they seen the polluting that has been going on there for decades?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Now they are worried about pollution? Haven't they seen the polluting that has been going on there for decades?

A lot of rural villages were suffering the effects of pollution for a long time. At first, some thought it was more superstitious causes than tangible. But alas villagers caught on to chemical factories expelling gunk into the waterways... But, there was no EPA or the like, to come along and stop them.

Somehow though, most people in the US believe the EPA is out to kill them. Maybe they should go for a swim in one of these Chinese rivers?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There have been a lot of studies released. China rivers are very very dirty.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

A coulple of things spring to mind immediately -

1/ the chinese people themselves are better informed
2/ western organisations working there have come under pressure "at home" to clean up their act (sic) in regard to cheap labour countries

The 2nd has been going on for a decade or more now that I can recall - startign with "sweatshop" labour for Nike, etc in the 90's. Included in it are environmentalists protesting that pollutin is being "shifted", labour organisations decrying jobs being lost to areas that are not required to pay or look after their workers, industry groups fighting for protection from "cheap foreign imports" and probably others I can't think of just now.

But I think the emergence of the middle classes in China is probably the more important of the 2.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Somehow though, most people in the US believe the EPA is out to kill them. Maybe they should go for a swim in one of these Chinese rivers?

I just think the EPA is a sold out, corporate controlled entity; not out to kill us.

Latest example of the insanity: EPA declares hay a pollutant .

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

If you've ever spent any time gathering hay or workingin a hay barn you'd realise that it's quite dangerous stuff - which is why you need to wear protective gear against the dust.

Anythign is a pollutant if it is in the wtrong environment - and a person's lungs are the wrong environment for hay.

So it's not particualrly stupid at all - it's formalising something that every hay farmer has always known - hay dust is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don’t believe that the EPA is out to kill me, but I DO believe that they have become another bureaucratic behemoth that does studies willy nilly just to justify their funding.

And some of their studies turn into laws that make no sense.

They no longer enforce laws...they now make them. Regardless of the science behind them.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by buster2010

A coulple of things spring to mind immediately -

1/ the chinese people themselves are better informed
2/ western organisations working there have come under pressure "at home" to clean up their act (sic) in regard to cheap labour countries

The 2nd has been going on for a decade or more now that I can recall - startign with "sweatshop" labour for Nike, etc in the 90's. Included in it are environmentalists protesting that pollutin is being "shifted", labour organisations decrying jobs being lost to areas that are not required to pay or look after their workers, industry groups fighting for protection from "cheap foreign imports" and probably others I can't think of just now.

But I think the emergence of the middle classes in China is probably the more important of the 2.

One of the reasons they started looking after workers is because last year workers were committing suicide because of working conditions. In some of these companies the people are virtual slaves.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

These people are idiots! Solar panels are green they help the environment. They are good.
People are the real toxic pollutant on this planet. Not solar panels!

(sorry, I was channeling Al Gore)

You can add this little gem to the "irony" definition list.

S&F

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Clearly fluoride docility is wearing off ...

Well especially among those who stopped drinking some time ago,
I would agree. Wow, finally you and I agree on something.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What kind of flouride is bad?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Cancer link:

Infant problems:

Kidney problems:

Sources of fluoride for drinking water? Mining and manufacturing waste:

ATS Link with more info.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The kind that is too much!

(in)famously, of course, fluoride occurs naturally in wate all around the world at various levels - levels in various places around Texas in 1992 for example. US recommended levels are 0.7-1.2 mg/l - WHO says 1 mg/L tops, 0.5 as a lower limit. And an Australian review in 2007 came out supporting 0.6 - 1.1 mg/L.

Just by the by, 1 Mg/L is also 1 part per million (ppm)

So the amount of fluoride added to water is less than that which occurs naturally in many places - indeed in Texas in 1992 at least it is lower than everywhere measured!! I haven't heard of Texans being particularly docile!!

Humanity has evolved consuming fluorine at higher levels than that administered in many parts of the world for thousands of years.

So there can be no rational argument that hte amount of fluoride added to water is deleterious to anyone's health - the level is extremely low, even by natural levels!

The question about consent for medication is an entirely different matter - personall I have no problem with the concept that helping kids develop better teeth even when they do not particularly want to is a social good, and given that I'm not suffering anything from it I'm happy to go along with it.

Obviously others have a different idea......
edit on 19-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: fix a link

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The kind that is too much!

(in)famously, of course, fluoride occurs naturally in wate all around the world at various levels - levels in various places around Texas in 1992 for example.

I assume you mean waste - not meant for human consumption?
What else is waste, the waste your referring to?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

There are many dangers to Flouride consumption...which mostly is from the water supply.

Thing is, what exactly are they dumping into the water?

it's not that municipalities are actually dripping genuine fluoride into the water supplies in the first place -- they're largely using fluorosilicic acid, which, as I've covered before, is actually a toxic waste product produced in the smokestacks of various industrial chemical producers. If they weren't selling this substance to cities, they would have to pay a lot of money to have it handled as an environmental hazard and buried in EPA-approved landfills.

www.naturalnews.com...

Google Video Link

www.msnbc.msn.com

Flouride has no place in drinking water!

Why? Because more Dentists today know the truth, and the truth is that Flouride is a toxic waste.
www.naturalnews.com...

Fluoride is a topical treatment. When natural mineral fluoride is placed onto the surface of your tooth enamel, it helps remineralize that enamel, thus improving your resistance to cavities. But to swallow fluoride in order to treat your teeth is a lot like swallowing hair coloring chemicals to change the color of your hair. If you're going to treat the area with the topical treatment, you're not supposed to swallow it. You're supposed to put it in contact with the surface needing treatment.
The whole argument about fluoridating public water supplies brings out, I think, the worst of organized medicine and organized dentistry. It shows the egotistical, power-hungry nature of the American Dental Association and those dentists who follow its dangerous philosophy of demanding that people swallow bioactive substances on command -- "for their own good," of course.
www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 20-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Fluoride has been shown to crystalize in the penial gland which leads to depression...

The cure?

Give you Prozac which is made up of mostly.... Fluoride!

(facepalm)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join