It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Were Your Favorite Toys To Play With When You Were a Kid?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Anyone remember playing the toy game called Ants In The Pants,it first came out in 1969? > www.amazon.com...
edit on 27-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Definitely my old Lite-Brite back in the 70's. There was something so unbelievably soothing about the colored lights.
Loved my old "Speak & Spell", too, even with it's demonic voice.

Trying to explain the toys we had back then to today's young kids just makes everything we had sound so lame, but I think there was a beauty in their simplicity.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would tie a string to this baby...and drag it around all day...by far my favorite!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Did you ever try pulling around a cat or a dog in those trucks like i did? I think i ended up breaking my big metal tonka trucks by using them as skate boards,or trying to blow them up with fireworks during war games...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hayyel
Trying to explain the toys we had back then to today's young kids just makes everything we had sound so lame, but I think there was a beauty in their simplicity.
And just imagine,in 20 or 30 years from now, people will be saying more or less the same thing about the things kids play with now...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Member when we used to get toys from inside cereal boxes? They were usually crappy but a small thrill nonetheless.
and the small toys we use to get from inside cracker jacks boxes and the dime and quarter gumball machines in store entrances..

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by jerryznv

Did you ever try pulling around a cat or a dog in those trucks like i did? I think i ended up breaking my big metal tonka trucks by using them as skate boards,or trying to blow them up with fireworks during war games...

Oh Ya...I did...if it would fit in the back of my Tonka...it got move around a lot!

Up to and including my little brother!

edit on 22-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nickelodeon "gak" and "floam" and those little green trash cans filled with "green slime" and of course "silly putty"...massholemommy.com...
edit on 22-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"Sea Monkeys" first sold in 1962 > 4.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 22-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I would tie a string to this baby...and drag it around all day...by far my favorite!

This!!!

I still have mine.

Got it in the 70's.

I still have my Shogun Warrior Godzilla too.

I wish I still had my Evel Knevel.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by Suspiria

yea i miss all my scalectrix too.
i used to take the plastic bodies off the cars to make them faster.
ahh hours of fun.

It's the only *Toy* I really enjoyed. Trouble was it was so huge I was only allowed it out on special occasions as it took over the whole house.
I seemed to have a bit of bad luck with toys. I had Buckaroo three Christmases on the trot but dad had managed to tread on and break them by lunch time.
By my own destructive hand the Tiny Tears I got one year was covered in biro with a hair cut and thrown in the coal house by New Year. Weird thing it was *shudder*.

Spent most of my time either reading, painting, throwing maggots or getting my shins bruised playing footie with the other kids.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My favourite toy?

One word:

LEGO

VVV

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"Micronauts" action figures,created in 1974,were and still are made of metal and plastic,with glow in the dark components and interchangeable magnetic parts.They were some of my most favorite toys > www.toymania.com...

There a new line of Micronaut toys as well > www.flickr.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My endless collection of Barbies ( my mom spoiled me
) and my typewriter. I use to love pretending I worked in a bank and I created fake customers and files. haha

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raivan31
I love a Crocodile Life Buoy that bought on toyswill.com, it is really cool and my friends like it as well.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I like many games but It game is likely! gungamesz.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join