It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Were Your Favorite Toys To Play With When You Were a Kid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
well. let's be subjective for a moment. I'm in my late 40's and am still a kid at heart.

My latest toy is a '99 Jeep Cherokee that I am am slowly but surely kitting out. It's my Zombie Response Unit.

Having a lot of fun working on it.

I always tell friends that I will never go through a mid life crisis as I have never grown up in the first place....ROCK ON!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
battle beasts were kinda fun

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-9-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
barbie dolls
yoyo's
tinker toys
lincoln logs
don't remember the name but you poured colored liquid into these molds and cooked it and it made creepy rubbery insects!

do skate boards count?? I remember the xmas when they first came out,every child in the neighborhood had one!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the "ssp rip cord race cars" these things were really cool and fast. they had a serrated rip cord with a handle grip on the top that you inserted into the back of the car and then pulled it out really fast and that would spin the wheels, you'd put it down and the car would go flying like 50 or 100ft feet or more...i had the coolest one called the black widow. heres a 1972 tv commercial for them > www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind was Water Weenies. We made ours out of rubber tubing from the medical supply store and a pen with the ink tube and ball point tip removed.

I didn't really have any favorite toys. I played outside and explored most of the time.

ETA: I know they weren't a toy but collecting garbage pail kids and jelly bracelets (when it was innocent) was fun.
edit on 19-9-2011 by kalamatas because: add

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My bike with playing cards clothes
pinned to the spokes.
Jacks
jump rope
Lincoln logs
Madame Alexander dolls - didn't play with
them but displayed them in my room.
baton
roller skates
red wagon (would put the baby chicks in
the wagon or the cat I had at the time).
Legos
Play musical instruments
and etc. etc. Wow the good old days!

edit on 19-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One of my absolute favorites was rockem sockem robots! No matter who I played, I always had to be the blue one!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy, Daisy...like me...

you've just dated yourself.

From what I've read, most of these kids have missed the good old days.

Keep on keeping on Girl!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
barbie dolls
yoyo's
tinker toys
lincoln logs
don't remember the name but you poured colored liquid into these molds and cooked it and it made creepy rubbery insects!

do skate boards count?? I remember the xmas when they first came out,every child in the neighborhood had one!

Creepy Crawlers!

Me and my sister just were talking about them yesterday....what a coinky-dink!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I never played with toys. To me it was more fun watching my dad work on cars. Then when I was nine I got my first job shining shoes in a barber shop.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Rock'm Sock'm robots were the best...

remember those?

Lincoln logs were fun too..

yea..I'm that old...

images
edit on 19-9-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

thankfully i had lots of cousins so there was plenty of hand-me-down toys from early on.

wood blocks, a metal fire engine pedal car, a metal tractor pedal 'car', a Tonka truck. later on,

a scooter (push power), paddle w/ ball attached on rubber elastic.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Oh yes, I forgot pedal cars -
I had a blue one!

link   
I loved playing with my younger brothers' Brio railway sets, Micro Machines and Lego.

I had Strawberry Shortcake dolls which I didn't play with by kept in a strawberry shaped bag and I would just smell them! (I realise this may sound strange, but let me explain by stating that each had its own individual scent!). I had a few soft toys knitted by family members which I loved way more than any bought soft toy.

One of the best gifts I ever received was some Fimo, and from that point on almost all my toys became redundant as I began modelling my own! What I always thought was cooler still was that I could make cariacatures of family members which I gave to them as gifts. My Dad still has one I did of him, probably no bigger than abour 5cm cubed, a tiny 3D model of him complete with with his feet up on the sofa and a can of beer in hand! Seriously, tap it into google images. This stuff is great fun for any age and can produce some amazing craftwork/artwork.

I have fond memories of the whole family playing board games such as Pass The Pigs (The point system still makes me giggle. 'The Oinker' used to be called Makin' Bacon back in the day when we had it!), Monopoly, Mouse Trap, Hero quest and Atmosfear. Atmosfear used to make me jump and gave me nightmares, but every weekend I wanted to go back for more!

Though in actuality I spent far more time reading than playing

That would be another good idea for a thread, if it hasn't been done; What were or are your favourite Children's Books?

link   
Matchbox cars,G.I.Joes,gasoline and firecrackers.
I then moved on to digging fox holes and chopping down pinetrees to line it and cover it.
Yes,I was messed up at an early age.

Now I watch my ten year old son trying to do the same thing,much to the disapproval of his mother.
edit on 19-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

you've just dated yourself.

I did didn't I that's okay -
good memories

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by LargeFries

Oh yes, I forgot pedal cars -
I had a blue one!

The green machine was the bomb!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mouldilocks

Wow! This thread is bringin' back the memories. I still have a original "Pass the Pigs".

They have deployed with me multiple times. The guys loved that game. A great way to pass some down time in a unusual manner.

Thanks for the memories.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Legos,yes a must.I still play with them .

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You're welcome!

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Mouldilocks

Wow! This thread is bringin' back the memories.

Isn't it just? I sat writing my post with a big, goofy grin on my face

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join