It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you choose your God or inherit him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Thanks for the non answer.

Go away. I have no time for what my intuition tells me is a mental midget.
I do not have time to play child.

Regards
DL

That's disgraceful!

And you call yourself the "Greatest I Am"!

edit on 23-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: quotation added

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I do not have time to play child.

Regards
DL

In this you have judged accurately on your limited existance as well as my true nature.

Bravo!

You are wise as a serpent.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Lord called to me, and i heard Him. He chose me, and it was my decision to follow Him.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

I've told people many times when we've discussed religion that if you have the same religion as your parents, then you've not thought much about it. That statement has shocked many people into realizing what they had unknowingly been locked into.

Such a true statement about public schools if you receive the same science as your parents then you really do not know anything about it as you are a parrot of the system.

A non thinker, unable to be objective as the system has told you what to think and it would never lie to you or give you false knowledge.

Training you to attack other views of creation as religious hogwash, even though their view actually has merit and is testable.

The Bible is testable?

How do you test for talking animals and a seven headed monster or an immortal God who can somehow die?

Regards
DL

You have obviously never heard of "parables" and Jesus did die, but he resurrected. His human body was not invincible, but it is now that he reclaimed his Godhood.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Actually, no. Archeologists have found forgotten and long buried settlements reading the various "Holy" Texts.

They can also provide insight as to how man lived way back then.

Nasty times though, the way I see it.

Actually, yes.

Sure. Some of the geography may be right but not the historicity.
I E. Jericho and the miraculous trumpeting walls down.
There was a Jericho but not at the right time.

This is the latest I have.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 23-9-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

You are aware that the hebrew calendar was the system of time used in the bible yes? Its kinda hard to refute the evidence in the bible when it draws roadmaps to buried and forgotten cities accurately. The bible said Jericho existed, and gave a rough co-ordinate of the location, archeolgists went there and what do you know it was there.

Simcha Jacobovici Discovered the true Mt. Sinai in the Sinai Desert, just like the bible said it was and the mount was exactly as had been described in the bible. See his film "The Exodus Decoded". Really bro, stop trying to refute the evidence in the bible because youre failing hardcore.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Did you choose your God or inherit him?

I would have to say... neither

He chose me... I just decided to listen

I have forgotten which God you follow.
Care to share?

Regards
DL

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Not the christian God, not the God of the bible... but the God that Jesus spoke of.

Which i consider to be the All, the whole... everything without exception

Jesus said, something like my father sent me.
Are we talking then of the God who thinks it to be good justice to set a ransom that can only be paid by his own son's murder/
The God who set all the conditions, IOW for his sons murder to give man an example of justice that says that it is good that an innocent man should dies and that the guilty should walk?

That is one insane and unjust god if it is the one you follow.

If I am wrong then please correct me.

Regards
DL

I would give you an answer but i just realized what this thread is actually about... All you're looking to do is make fun of other peoples beliefs in this thread. And the way you've replied to others in this thread does not warrent an answer from myself... What you said to IAMIAM i will have to reiterate to you...

I have no time for a child's mentality... Nor am i looking for your comments... You know enough... and the answer i would give, you would not understand... You would only judge me as you've judged others in this thread...

So i'll save you the hastle...

Good luck

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just trying to clear the board of literalists and fundamental fools.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You seem to have a great number of misconceptions regarding faith/Christianity/etc. Will try and address these in the order you printed them. This, from the Christian point of view. If you are addressing others here, you will have to get their take on this from them.

1. We do not judge God. Nor does He commit atrocities. He created all of us, and thus can act as He chooses, first off. Second, destroying utterly evil and depraved people, to stop their actions, isn't a bad thing. There is no contradiction in understanding that God does not break His own laws.

2. When you speak of comparing religions, I get the idea that you are criticizing the fact that Christianity is NOT compatible with many other beliefs, and that it is somehow "wrong" for this. Not a logical position. If one is right, doesn't matter how many are wrong. Some things are black and white.

3. What do you even mean by this "without value" comment? Are you stating that people give everything they have to the government? Even with the Obama taxes, that isn't true.

4. Christians (we do not call ourselves "theists" do follow laws, and think about them. Nor are those laws "secular" in nature. In fact, most secular law in this country comes from Christian principles.

5. As for the basic "question" posed in the post - we do not "choose" our God. He simply IS, whether one accepts Him or not. What we do choose is to accept, and to follow and obey as much as we are able. He offers the gift; we simply take it. If you refer to traditions, it isn't important where, or how, one learns about God, nor does it make their knowledge somehow less true if they grow up with it being taught. If you believe that, you'd better call invalid all kids learn in school, too.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

*snip*
God is said to be the great teacher.
It seems to you that the teacher is going about knocking on doors looking for students.
I believe that a good teacher would be in his class waiting for true seekers to find him.
If a student is too dumb to find the school, then I cannot see God the teacher going out to find the dumb students.
Regards
DL

Ah, now therein lies the problem. You can't understand God going out looking for those that are lost, yet that is exactly what He does. Not called "The Great Shepherd" for nothing. He doesn't love us because we deserve it, but because He chooses to. Stupid, sinful, ugly, whatever - He loves us anyway. That, if you think about it, is a beautiful thing. Nothing one can do to make God stop loving them. Maybe in this thread, you can start to understand this. He died for you, too.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Regards
DL

Perhaps, but this isn't the way to go about it. I know they can be annoying, but you're only going to piss people off this way...

You want to get rid of them? Prove them wrong with their own doctrine

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

You seem to have a great number of misconceptions regarding faith/Christianity/etc. Will try and address these in the order you printed them. This, from the Christian point of view. If you are addressing others here, you will have to get their take on this from them.

1. We do not judge God. Nor does He commit atrocities. He created all of us, and thus can act as He chooses, first off. Second, destroying utterly evil and depraved people, to stop their actions, isn't a bad thing. There is no contradiction in understanding that God does not break His own laws.

2. When you speak of comparing religions, I get the idea that you are criticizing the fact that Christianity is NOT compatible with many other beliefs, and that it is somehow "wrong" for this. Not a logical position. If one is right, doesn't matter how many are wrong. Some things are black and white.

3. What do you even mean by this "without value" comment? Are you stating that people give everything they have to the government? Even with the Obama taxes, that isn't true.

4. Christians (we do not call ourselves "theists" do follow laws, and think about them. Nor are those laws "secular" in nature. In fact, most secular law in this country comes from Christian principles.

5. As for the basic "question" posed in the post - we do not "choose" our God. He simply IS, whether one accepts Him or not. What we do choose is to accept, and to follow and obey as much as we are able. He offers the gift; we simply take it. If you refer to traditions, it isn't important where, or how, one learns about God, nor does it make their knowledge somehow less true if they grow up with it being taught. If you believe that, you'd better call invalid all kids learn in school, too.

“We do not judge God.”

Then how do you know he is worthy of being followed?
Have you decided that he is good? That is judging God.

--------------------------------

“ Nor does He commit atrocities.”

Then you must also have judged his actions to come to this conclusion.

----------------------------------

“He created all of us, and thus can act as He chooses,”

Dogma and again based on judgment.

---------------------------------

“destroying utterly evil and depraved people, to stop their actions, isn't a bad thing.”

Again you judge God’s actions as good while saying you do not judge God.

The God you believe in can do whatever he likes. Why then did he choose to kill all those people and innocent children and babies instead of taking the moral high ground by curing them instead of killing them?
Would that not have been the better moral action?
As to genocide itself, remember what scripture says of those who call evil good. That is what you are doing.

----------------------------------

“There is no contradiction in understanding that God does not break His own laws.”

God breaks many of his laws.
Like lying or causing someone to lie.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

If you would like to speak to these, we can continue.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

*snip*
God is said to be the great teacher.
It seems to you that the teacher is going about knocking on doors looking for students.
I believe that a good teacher would be in his class waiting for true seekers to find him.
If a student is too dumb to find the school, then I cannot see God the teacher going out to find the dumb students.
Regards
DL

Ah, now therein lies the problem. You can't understand God going out looking for those that are lost, yet that is exactly what He does. Not called "The Great Shepherd" for nothing. He doesn't love us because we deserve it, but because He chooses to. Stupid, sinful, ugly, whatever - He loves us anyway. That, if you think about it, is a beautiful thing. Nothing one can do to make God stop loving them. Maybe in this thread, you can start to understand this. He died for you, too.

If he did, then he gave us all a poor example of either justice or sacrifice.

As to love. How can a God who loves us kill us all over the Bible and then sent us to hell for eternal torture without purpose?

If that is what you call love then rethink.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Regards
DL

Perhaps, but this isn't the way to go about it. I know they can be annoying, but you're only going to piss people off this way...

You want to get rid of them? Prove them wrong with their own doctrine

Logical and reasonable suggestion.

Been there done that.

They live by this following motto and do not care what proofs are given to them.

Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Martin Luther

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Martin Luther

They are here to trample on any that show more intelligence, reason and logic than they have.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

neither one HE chose US BEFORE HE CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

you are too immature to understand the least of IHVH'S judgements and teaching, this book is way out of your league, one cannot take or select what you like and judge from such a sacred text.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

neither one HE chose US BEFORE HE CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH

Really.
Who documented it?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

you are too immature to understand the least of IHVH'S judgements and teaching, this book is way out of your league, one cannot take or select what you like and judge from such a sacred text.

Sacred?

A text that the original writers and his people did not read literally.

Literalists are so silly.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join