It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you choose your God or inherit him?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Neither my friend. God revealed himself to me.

With Love,

Your Brother

If God is to do the seeking and choosing and revealing in your case, what is meant by knock and the door will be opened unto you.
Seek and ye shall find.
Ask and it shall be given.

God is said to be the great teacher.
It seems to you that the teacher is going about knocking on doors looking for students.
I believe that a good teacher would be in his class waiting for true seekers to find him.
If a student is too dumb to find the school, then I cannot see God the teacher going out to find the dumb students.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Greatest I am

wow. you must be the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

there are many born to families that have practiced one religion for further back than they can trace their family tree. these people are immersed in rituals and practices within days of birth. depending on their parents depth of faith, personal choices and income, they continue to actively participate in some level of praise, worship, education and symbolic rituals to adulthood. all their formative years they have had a religions teachings, principles and practices deeply impressed into their minds.

it's easy to criticize people but it's difficult, perhaps even impossible to understand who and what they are if you have not experienced what they have.

What you describe is a family of sheeple.

I note that you yourself criticize without even attempting to refute.
Typical sheeple bleating.

Thanks though, Lurkers have just learned from you more than I can teach.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
it would probably be worth reminding thee that the secular law you speak of is - if you reside in a western civilisation - based upon the following precedents

1st - the bible
2nd - common law
3rd - admiralty law
4th - national law
5th - state law
(4 and 5 are interchangeable)

to say one who is a follower of the way and who reads the scripture does not think of the laws of YHWH at any time during the day is pure folly. One cannot believe and deny His word at the same time

perhaps you speak from observation of hypocritical examples of varying faiths - I dont know your background so I cant comment and shan't assume either

personally I was called at a time in my life when belieivig was the farthest thing from my mind
you can read about it if you wish
www.abovetopsecret.com...

may you find the Way, the Truth, and the Life

Hmm. Called by a genocidal maniac and you allowed Stockholm Syndrome to guide you.
Yes indeed, fear is a good reason to love.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I would have to say... neither

He chose me... I just decided to listen

I have forgotten which God you follow.
Care to share?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

I've told people many times when we've discussed religion that if you have the same religion as your parents, then you've not thought much about it. That statement has shocked many people into realizing what they had unknowingly been locked into.

Such a true statement about public schools if you receive the same science as your parents then you really do not know anything about it as you are a parrot of the system.

A non thinker, unable to be objective as the system has told you what to think and it would never lie to you or give you false knowledge.

Training you to attack other views of creation as religious hogwash, even though their view actually has merit and is testable.

The Bible is testable?

How do you test for talking animals and a seven headed monster or an immortal God who can somehow die?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I just believe in a higher power. But to be truthful, I guess it's more of a feeling than faith, though I am sure that has a role as well. That's why I call myself more spiritual than religious.

Like I said, I try to live good life and do good when I can. But I have done some bad things as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I just believe in a higher power. But to be truthful, I guess it's more of a feeling than faith, though I am sure that has a role as well. That's why I call myself more spiritual than religious.

Like I said, I try to live good life and do good when I can. But I have done some bad things as well.

Follow your bliss and if you are Gnostic enough you will be rewarded.
This may help.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Interesting guy.

While I have read most of the Holy texts and researched them (I look upon them as history books more than anything), I have yet to touch upon Gnosticism...thanks.

I now have a new avenue for my hobby. One I failed to realize was even there right in front of me all along.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I was adopted by God (although unworthy), and now I am the son of the King of the Universe!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Care to share?

Regards
DL

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Not the christian God, not the God of the bible... but the God that Jesus spoke of.

Which i consider to be the All, the whole... everything without exception

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Absolute as the Godhead. Absolutely!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Interesting guy.

While I have read most of the Holy texts and researched them (I look upon them as history books more than anything), I have yet to touch upon Gnosticism...thanks.

I now have a new avenue for my hobby. One I failed to realize was even there right in front of me all along.

My pleasure.

To your comment on reading as history. Ouch.

Any historicity it has has already been destroyed by scholars.

video.google.com...#

You might try to read it as myth. Especially the O T as that is the way their authors, the Jews, read it.

www.raceandhistory.com...

Remember as well that the Gnostics did not read their own scriptures literally.
They are tools for thought only.
Religions are myth. Not reality.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If God is to do the seeking and choosing and revealing in your case, what is meant by knock and the door will be opened unto you.
Seek and ye shall find.

One must know which door to knock upon.
One must know what he seeks for.
One must know what to ask for.

You get what you presume the answer is to your question, you get what you seek for, and you go through the door that YOU choose.

It seems to you that the teacher is going about knocking on doors looking for students.
I believe that a good teacher would be in his class waiting for true seekers to find him.
If a student is too dumb to find the school, then I cannot see God the teacher going out to find the dumb students.

Regards
DL

I won't judge your teacher, if you do not judge mine.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I was adopted by God (although unworthy), and now I am the son of the King of the Universe!

Kings rule. God is not doing so.

Which of the Gods and is he your families God?

How did this adoption come about?. Apotheosis?

If your God is the king of earth, I guess that the temptation of Jesus could not have happened as Satan could not offer a world that was not his to give.
Who has dominion here on earth?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Care to share?

Regards
DL

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Not the christian God, not the God of the bible... but the God that Jesus spoke of.

Which i consider to be the All, the whole... everything without exception

Jesus said, something like my father sent me.
Are we talking then of the God who thinks it to be good justice to set a ransom that can only be paid by his own son's murder/
The God who set all the conditions, IOW for his sons murder to give man an example of justice that says that it is good that an innocent man should dies and that the guilty should walk?

That is one insane and unjust god if it is the one you follow.

If I am wrong then please correct me.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Seek and ye shall find.

One must know which door to knock upon.
One must know what he seeks for.
One must know what to ask for.

You get what you presume the answer is to your question, you get what you seek for, and you go through the door that YOU choose.

Regards
DL

I won't judge your teacher, if you do not judge mine.

With Love,

Your Brother

I judged my teacher and have no problem with others doing so. That is why we all have logic and reason.

If you do not judge yours, how do you know if he is a good teacher or not?

I mean, look at Christians. They say they do not judge God yet somehow think that that genocidal maniac is a good God. All without recognizing that that is a judgment call. not much of a teacher now is he?

Lets' check out your God's morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Actually, no. Archeologists have found forgotten and long buried settlements reading the various "Holy" Texts.

They can also provide insight as to how man lived way back then.

Nasty times though, the way I see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I judged my teacher and have no problem with others doing so. That is why we all have logic and reason.

Logic and Reason are but two of many languages spoken by the divine. If that is the language you understand, then listen well to your teacher.

I mean, look at Christians. They say they do not judge God yet somehow think that that genocidal maniac is a good God. All without recognizing that that is a judgment call. not much of a teacher now is he?

I am not a Christian, therefore I do not try to understand their role, but accept that it too is part of the divine plan. Can you not see that the great falling away was part of the fullment of prophecy? Of course your logic and reason would prevent you from accepting this for it is a different language. It is intuitive.

Regards
DL

Tell me what they are first.

You do not know who I am to question my God.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Actually, no. Archeologists have found forgotten and long buried settlements reading the various "Holy" Texts.

They can also provide insight as to how man lived way back then.

Nasty times though, the way I see it.

Actually, yes.

Sure. Some of the geography may be right but not the historicity.
I E. Jericho and the miraculous trumpeting walls down.
There was a Jericho but not at the right time.

This is the latest I have.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 23-9-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Logic and Reason are but two of many languages spoken by the divine. If that is the language you understand, then listen well to your teacher.

I am not a Christian, therefore I do not try to understand their role, but accept that it too is part of the divine plan. Can you not see that the great falling away was part of the fullment of prophecy? Of course your logic and reason would prevent you from accepting this for it is a different language. It is intuitive.

Regards
DL

Tell me what they are first.

You do not know who I am to question my God.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the non answer.

Go away. I have no time for what my intuition tells me is a mental midget.
I do not have time to play child.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join