It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Did you choose your God or inherit him?

page: 1
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Did you choose your God or inherit him?

1 Thess4
Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Statistics on religious knowledge are dismal for theists when compared with non theists. This indicates that their own religion is not important to theists and they only follow their God out of tradition and do not feel a need to actually know the theology behind their God. So much for a personal God that theists speak of.

This link shows how most Gods are blindly inherited.

www.youtube.com...

Religion is primarily an external conscience for those who don't trust their own judgment. They say they do not judge God but only follow him as an external conscience and support any atrocities he perpetrates. These non judging people have judged their God to be good. They do not recognize their own contradiction.

Should theists not be comparing all religions to seek the best external conscience they can find?
Unless of course they have all found a better external conscience in secular government.
If so, why have a religion or tradition to hang on to?

Their religions have thus become without value as theist have already given Caesar everything and have left nothing for God except perhaps, lip service.

You and I wake up and follow natural law. We then proceed to follow secular law till we go to sleep. What laws of God do theists even consider at all during the day?

None that I can see.

Can theists, as users of God or the word as an external conscience, be actually called Christians when the laws they live by are pure secular in nature?

Should Christians call themselves Secularist, as that is the law they live by and not the laws of bible God?

Theists then seem to be hypocrites and this is good. Let’s thank the stars that theists are not foolish enough to follow their God and his laws. We could not afford to jail that many fools.

I submit that if you follow a religion that you did not actively choose, you are likely not a true believer in any sense of the word.
As others see this hypocrisy, they learn what it is like to be as you are and you are actively helping to kill your own religion.

Thanks for helping those against your own to reduce your numbers.
Like Noah and the God you follow, if you belong to one of the myriad Abrahamic sects, you are a traitor to your own kind by your poor example.

Regards
DL




posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I did not inherit, nor 'choose' God,

God lead me to him.
Taught me how to love, be loved, be grateful, be humbled, be empowered, be strong, and be happy.

God is not Christian.
God is not Jewish.
God is not Muslim.
God is not Buddhist.

These teachings all came from great inner divine knowledge, a personal relationship with God in which the knowledge was found within, not somewhere without.
It is unfortunate, yet inevitable, that all great ideas and knowledge, when placed in the hands of Ideology and those looking to follow, rather than create and experience, will become mundane traps in which the only thing left to do is yet again, go within.

Keep searching, keep asking, keep listening.
Namaste.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A extremely good question for believers of all types.

I've told people many times when we've discussed religion that if you have the same religion as your parents, then you've not thought much about it. That statement has shocked many people into realizing what they had unknowingly been locked into.

I wasn't trying to change anybody's religion--I'm not religious, but simply to have them open their eyes about how they acquired it. I will dare to say that in my experience, Christians will tend to examine that new perspective to some small degree, except perhaps for those that have allegiance to the Vatican. As for the major religion of the middle east, I can't imagine that they would be anything but angry...very angry, at the suggestion.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Kind of funny as I am about to say something I actually argued against in a earlier thread.

I accept God.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less and I leave those with there beliefs to what they are.

The rest of the prophets are just men in my opinion and I will find out at some point whether I am right or wrong. It is what it is.

I just try to live my life doing what is right. That's good enough for now with me.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I hear thumping, you better take cover
good thread
S & F



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Flying Spaghetti Monster


My only true lord and savior.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I inherited mine.

Once I was able to think for myself, though, I chose a new one.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We create each other. Though we don't identify with the term God as is currently widespread.

Namaste!



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Did you choose your God or inherit him?


Neither my friend. God revealed himself to me.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


wow. you must be the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

there are many born to families that have practiced one religion for further back than they can trace their family tree. these people are immersed in rituals and practices within days of birth. depending on their parents depth of faith, personal choices and income, they continue to actively participate in some level of praise, worship, education and symbolic rituals to adulthood. all their formative years they have had a religions teachings, principles and practices deeply impressed into their minds.

it's easy to criticize people but it's difficult, perhaps even impossible to understand who and what they are if you have not experienced what they have.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
it would probably be worth reminding thee that the secular law you speak of is - if you reside in a western civilisation - based upon the following precedents

1st - the bible
2nd - common law
3rd - admiralty law
4th - national law
5th - state law
(4 and 5 are interchangeable)

to say one who is a follower of the way and who reads the scripture does not think of the laws of YHWH at any time during the day is pure folly. One cannot believe and deny His word at the same time

perhaps you speak from observation of hypocritical examples of varying faiths - I dont know your background so I cant comment and shan't assume either

personally I was called at a time in my life when belieivig was the farthest thing from my mind
you can read about it if you wish
www.abovetopsecret.com...

may you find the Way, the Truth, and the Life



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 



Did you choose your God or inherit him?


I would have to say... neither

He chose me... I just decided to listen




posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 



Did you choose your God or inherit him?


Neither.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
He choose me, after I got over the soda spraying out of nose from the shock, I followed.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
I did not inherit, nor 'choose' God,

God lead me to him.
Taught me how to love, be loved, be grateful, be humbled, be empowered, be strong, and be happy.

God is not Christian.
God is not Jewish.
God is not Muslim.
God is not Buddhist.

These teachings all came from great inner divine knowledge, a personal relationship with God in which the knowledge was found within, not somewhere without.
It is unfortunate, yet inevitable, that all great ideas and knowledge, when placed in the hands of Ideology and those looking to follow, rather than create and experience, will become mundane traps in which the only thing left to do is yet again, go within.

Keep searching, keep asking, keep listening.
Namaste.


Rather Gnostic.

I agree.
It worked for me as well. Full apotheosis.
Sounds like you will know what I mean. There are not many of us.

Regards
DL



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
A extremely good question for believers of all types.

I've told people many times when we've discussed religion that if you have the same religion as your parents, then you've not thought much about it. That statement has shocked many people into realizing what they had unknowingly been locked into.

I wasn't trying to change anybody's religion--I'm not religious, but simply to have them open their eyes about how they acquired it. I will dare to say that in my experience, Christians will tend to examine that new perspective to some small degree, except perhaps for those that have allegiance to the Vatican. As for the major religion of the middle east, I can't imagine that they would be anything but angry...very angry, at the suggestion.


Yes. Truth hurts sometimes.

Regards
DL



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Kind of funny as I am about to say something I actually argued against in a earlier thread.

I accept God.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less and I leave those with there beliefs to what they are.

The rest of the prophets are just men in my opinion and I will find out at some point whether I am right or wrong. It is what it is.

I just try to live my life doing what is right. That's good enough for now with me.


Good.

Which God are you speaking of?

Regards
DL



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
I inherited mine.

Once I was able to think for myself, though, I chose a new one.


Good. Which one?

Regards
DL



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
We create each other. Though we don't identify with the term God as is currently widespread.

Namaste!


Damn. Why is it that Jews always come up with the best answers.
I find it such a shame that when Christianity usurped the Jewish God, they reversed many of the Jewish teachings of their own Jewish scriptures.
Too bad I do not believe in reincarnation or a Jew I would be next time around.

Regards
DL



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   


I've told people many times when we've discussed religion that if you have the same religion as your parents, then you've not thought much about it. That statement has shocked many people into realizing what they had unknowingly been locked into.


Such a true statement about public schools if you receive the same science as your parents then you really do not know anything about it as you are a parrot of the system.

A non thinker, unable to be objective as the system has told you what to think and it would never lie to you or give you false knowledge.

Training you to attack other views of creation as religious hogwash, even though their view actually has merit and is testable.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join