It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 closest aides of Scott Walker (wisconsin governor) investigated by the FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well well well.

I think Scott Walker is a POS, but still, this looks like political targeting. I mean, you gonna tell me Scott Walker is the only corrupt governor in the US? Ha! What is the FBI doing about Perry? Or most of congress? Nothing, that's what.

Governor Walker's adversaries emboldened by Wisconsin FBI probe

An FBI investigation of two of Governor Scott Walker's top aides may prompt Wisconsin Democrats to launch a recall campaign

On Wednesday morning, 14 September, FBI agents descended on the Madison home of one of Wisconsin Republican Governor Scott Walker's closest aides, Cynthia Archer. The federal agents seized Archer's computer files and other documents. A wider investigation involving another Walker aide may be in the works. The FBI raid has breathed new life into the hopes of Democratic organisers in Wisconsin as they decide whether to launch a recall campaign against Walker himself.

Archer, a long-time Walker loyalist and staffer, served for three years as director of administrative services for Walker while he was Milwaukee County executive, including during his campaign for governor. She helped craft the county budgets that defined Walker as an anti-union, anti-tax conservative. Archer then took a high-paying position in Walker's administration when he became governor in January 2011. Last week's FBI raid appears focused on whether she and another top Walker aide used public time for political purposes. If Walker is significantly connected to any such transgressions, it will add impetus to a possible recall election next year.

If he's guilty, BRING HIM DOWN.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The FBI should have their noses in the business of every politico in this country. If they want to watch us like a herd of animals, they should who have their privacy compromised the most.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i live in massachusetts, and they find an endless parade of corupt politicians to go after.

and they still miss most of them.

they are in the process of passing a gambling bill that is full of porc.
slot machines, 40% for municipalities(ok), but, 9% for horse breeders, 2 1/2% for greyhounds.
they have found ways to legalize theft.

they could fill the jails with croked politicians.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

im confused on this what exactly does "used public time for poltical purposes" mean?

as in the time she gets paid to work on government policies?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That's one of the problems of being loyal to some one you like. And in this case, maybe to loyal...for gain.

If she is in the wrong, she should stand trial, justy as anybody would. If Walker had no hand in it...so be it. But if he did, he too needs to step down.

And this, coming from a guy who supported Walker.

What can I say? I hate corruption. At any and all levels.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't much about him except his heroic moves against public unions. What has he done to be a POS (besides this investigation, if he winds up being connected)?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

im confused on this what exactly does "used public time for poltical purposes" mean?

as in the time she gets paid to work on government policies?

I think it has to do with ethics laws.

State Employees, Board Members and Candidates

State law permits State employees to provide volunteer services for campaigns. The Ethics Commission has ruled consistently that the Ethics Law does not limit this activity as long as there is no use of State time, materials, facilities, etc. and if the person's State position is not improperly used for political purposes. State employees may not use their State position, State time, State materials, or State equipment in any way to involve people or other employees in political campaigns. For example, supervisors should not take any action that would suggest that they are urging or requiring subordinates to engage in campaign activity. Law enforcement and other uniformed personnel may not use State uniforms or equipment in political advertising. Confidential information may not be used for political activity purposes.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As opposed to getting paid with taxpayer money to campaign for him.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I don't much about him except his heroic moves against public unions. What has he done to be a POS (besides this investigation, if he winds up being connected)?

/TOA

He is a POS because he deprived people of the right to collectively bargain. What makes him a sleazebag is how he did it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

/TOA

He is a POS because he deprived people of the right to collectively bargain. What makes him a sleazebag is how he did it.

Oh, OK. So he didn't really do anything to be a POS except sacrifice a few for the many? I thought that was the progressive mantra? "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." Who knew Spock was a Marxist?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

/TOA

Oh, OK. So he didn't really do anything to be a POS except sacrifice a few for the many? I thought that was the progressive mantra? "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." Who knew Spock was a Marxist?

/TOA

To be fair, taking the rights away from any US citizen to defend themselves from exploitation and to take away freedom of speech and demonstration is completely unAmerican. This hurts everybody as it sets a precedent.

It's the same principle if they said you can't have Westboro baptist cult members show up and protest. As happy as it would make me to see them stop, I'd be upset if the government made them do so.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

/TOA

/TOA

To be fair, taking the rights away from any US citizen to defend themselves from exploitation and to take away freedom of speech and demonstration is completely unAmerican. This hurts everybody as it sets a precedent.

It's the same principle if they said you can't have Westboro baptist cult members show up and protest. As happy as it would make me to see them stop, I'd be upset if the government made them do so.

I wish I could find where he took the rights of freedom of speech away from anyone. I'm coming up with a goose egg. But he did curtail the public unions' offense of taking money from the citizens of his state unwillingly without any accountability.

22 states agree that kollective bargaining is not a requirement for employment; these are "right to work" states. It's kind of ironic that right to work states are ones where you have a right to individually choose to enter into a contract to work for an employer, and the other states rely on a kollective. Kind of a hive mind. Like insects.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan: “Where Collective Bargaining Is Forbidden, Freedom Is Lost”

"But restoring the American dream requires more than restoring a sound, productive economy, vitally important as that is. It requires a return to spiritual and moral values, values so deeply held by those who came here to build a new life. We need to restore those values in our daily life, in our neighborhoods and in our government’s dealings with the other nations of the world.

These are the values inspiring those brave workers in Poland. The values that have inspired other dissidents under Communist domination. They remind us that where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost. They remind us that freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. You and I must protect and preserve freedom here or it will not be passed on to our children. Today the workers in Poland are showing a new generation not how high is the price of freedom but how much it is worth that price.

Labor Day Speech at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey, September 1, 1980"

Of course then he fired the ATC guys -- kind of a hypocrite but then that is what the right wing worships. So I guess St. Reagan was for collective bargaining - before he was against it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

/TOA

/TOA

He sacrificed the few for the republican agenda -- hamstring the unions -- hamstring Democratic contributions. You know that I know that - to say anything different is to be disingenuous.

The Industrialists despised the unions in the days of the robber barons. The new robber barons make the old robber barons look like pikers. They hate the unions even more - but now they have much more political power they bought the teapublicans lock stock and barrel. Rick Perry kind of let that slip when he was incredulous at the idea of being bought for 5000.oo everyone knows you have to pay at least 200k to buy Perry.
edit on 20-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ronald Reagan: “Where Collective Bargaining Is Forbidden, Freedom Is Lost”

Franklin Roosevelt, Champion of Unions: Letter on the Resolution of Federation of Federal Employees Against Strikes in Federal Service

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters."

So even FDR, poster boy for unions and progressives, warned us against public sector unions. That's like Satan saying, "Whoa, that's pretty evil! Even I wouldn't do that!"

/TOA

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This sounds like a political witch hunt.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

agreed they couldnt get him out of office and now an fbi probe?

smells like after a night of eating chili beans
edit on 20-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They couldn't get him out of office because the law says they have to wait til Jan.

new topics

top topics

join