It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

learn the language people!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Right On! First they enter illegally, then they cook un-American mexican food like enchuritos, taco salads, and their damn pork ribs ala calabrian style (slow roasted ribs with meat so tender it falls off the bone).

Yer in 'merica now. So why don't you all get with the program, join the rest of the world, and learn to speak 'merican.

"One of the most meaningful things that's happened to me since I've been the governor�the president�governor�president. Oops. Ex-governor. I went to Bethesda Naval Hospital to give a fellow a Purple Heart, and at the same moment I watched him�get a Purple Heart for action in Iraq�and at that same�right after I gave him the Purple Heart, he was sworn in as a citizen of the United States�a Mexican citizen, now a United States citizen."� President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 9, 2004

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I agree if someone is going to live in a foreign country they need to learn the language. I live in Texas and have learned some spanish from just hearing it. It is taught in the schools. It bothers me that people come over and don't attempt to learn English....seems the gov. is making it to easy for them, radio stations, newspapers, tv stations and even the packaging. Why do they need to learn English when they can get along just fine speaking Spanish. They are being catored to, and learning English will become harder for them if it's not practiced. This government is not doing them any favors.

And on the packaging it makes me feel like I'm in a foreign country when I pick up an item and it has all these others languages on it......I have at times put the item back....refusing to buy it.
I hope others do the same....maybe it'll send a strong message

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
When the europeans first came to the US, were the natives (Indians) running around asking, "Why won't these foreigners learn the language and culture?" Or the Aborigines in Australia or the natives in Africa etc. etc. etc...
Think about that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join