It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth HAS Shifted on its Axis - PROOF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien

There you go again listening to the MSM, but only when you think it backs up what you want it to. You should know better.

You didn't read what I wrote. You didn't read what I quoted.
The Earth's rotational axis did not shift, the Earths' tilt did not change. The Earths' figure axis shifted a tiny amount. So tiny that it cannot be measured. It is a theoretical calculation. The figure axis is not the same thing as the rotational axis.

edit on 9/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

So if you scoff at me listening to main stream news (which include science/physic news) then how are you getting YOUR information?
Don't tell me you have one of them-three gigantic protractors Phage!

And I did read your post. Stop assuming.
Only I don't know why your word out-trumps others.

I heard at least 50 times that the Earth's axis' has INDEED tilted. So we're no longer discussing the magnetic shift/movement.

But then you want to start your reply with "The tilt of Earth's axis has not changed" only to say 'so tiny it cannot be measured' and yet I give you three blips on how apparently it WAS measured.

Whatever.

Your expertise seems to be to take controversial news then, undermine it, denounce it then try to trivialize to where you ALMOST want it to disappear.
Doesn't work with me. Your standards of 'news-worthy news' is obviously not mine!

The Earth's axis has shifted.
Period.
So we thank you for shopping with us today!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
The planet has been dealing with earthquakes since it's creation. It's still here. We're still fine. There have been billions of earthquakes and while they may have a slight impact, it's not something to get all freaked out about. We've gone through far greater geological shifts in the past and we're still spinning.

Also, why would you believe a woman that can barely read. Hurr Durr 'geophysics have declared'.

Also, if there were significant changes don't you think the thousands of armchair astronomers, or at least one scientist would say something?

edit on 19-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

So another words, with your way of thinking...........we've been here billions and billions of years (and clearly have gone through extinction and pole shift periods) so why then, am I listening to an illiterate woman about my planet tilting when it's barely noticeable?

I get it.

So another words based on your logic:
You receive news that the ship your family was on, sprung a leak (because after all; leaks and ships have been around a long time. Doesn't seem too special or significant) and it made the news! But according to you, it's really not important until or unless the ship sank! Even though a leak is a good indicator that a ship is in trouble!

That's how I see this. It (a major shift) has to start somewhere!

PS I wish no harm to you or your family by the way

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I have to agree with other members that PROOF in one's title is always anything but...

In your reply to Iamonlyhuman, and I quote :

Plus, it's my basic modern day understanding the Earth has flipped magnetically and physically many times. And it's been a long time since the last time..

As it is your basic modern day understanding (and very obviously not mine), could you please tell us when that last time was...an actual date would be nice...

But I do agree with you on one point, and I quote :

Every day people are waking up. And every day people are getting more confused.

I find this to be very accurate. Connecting dots that don't make sense is indeed very confusing.

The earth's rotation axis has not shifted. If it did, astronomers all over the planet would be discussing it. Don't you think that some info somewhere, from someone, would leak??

Respectfully.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is not really that massive a deal. The change is very small and happens all the time.

"Earth's rotation changes all the time as a result of not only earthquakes, but also the much larger effects of changes in atmospheric winds and oceanic currents," he said. "Over the course of a year, the length of the day increases and decreases by about a millisecond, or about 550 times larger than the change caused by the Japanese earthquake. The position of Earth's figure axis also changes all the time, by about 1 meter (3.3 feet) over the course of a year, or about six times more than the change that should have been caused by the Japan quake."

*snip* [edit by Pimander]

Gross said the changes in Earth's rotation and figure axis caused by earthquakes should not have any impacts on our daily lives. "These changes in Earth's rotation are perfectly natural and happen all the time," he said. "People shouldn't worry about them."
Source: Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

You could subscribe to some YouTube channels that don't focus on the world ending if you liked.

Chill out - you'll live longer.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

i understand that our planet is about to complete a very important cycle of existence ..there is evidence of a forest of trees that were flash frozen with leaves still on them that has thawed from the south pole ..if the process was a slow one ,the trees would have died long before they were frozen ...if the pole of the earth was to shift to far in one direction the earth would actually flip over ,and would rotate opposite what it does now on its axis ,,like venus does...so either slowly or abruptly earth has to go from the angle it is at now back to 90 degrees straight up

JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WRONG www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is too easy to debunk. See my thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't scoff at you for listening to MSM news. I do it too. The problem is that everything they say, and particularly when they say anything about science, is suspect. Sure, listen to them, but don't trust them to get it right (particularly when all you're seeing is a youtube clip with a snazzy title). If you find something interesting on the news, do some research into what they say. They get their information from somewhere (before they screw it up). Try to understand the real situation.

It doesn't matter how many times you've heard that the Earth's axis has tilted. It hasn't.

And again...the tilt of the Earth's axis did not change. The location of the figure axis shifted a tiny, unmeasurable amount. The change is a theoretical number, a calculated number.

edit on 9/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join