It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Internet Attack Predicted for 8/26/04

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As far as these terror alerts go- think- Who would benefit from the Internet being shut down? The government.
Thats right. Without the internet we would have no resources available to get our information from.
Without the Internet we would be in the dark about this government and thats what they would like.
If this goes down what a stroke of luck! Once again, the government lucks out!
Yes, they're behind the whole thing. Even if its Russia receiving the threats. I wonder which one of those mindless goons think up all this stuff.
They can fool some of the
people some of the time, but they cant fool
all of the people ALL of the time.

My 2 cents

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arek
Please read this: www.viruslist.com...

Good find Arek -- I found nothing all day that served to debunk this or clarify this like your link does.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe the terrorists ARE the gov't.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Perhaps it is a coincidence or a fluke, but the overall picture of internet speed/reliability just dropped to 67% according to Internet Traffic Report Global Index then jumped back up to 83% with the big slowdowns limited to Asia and, to a lesser extent, Australia. I grabbed a screenshot, and I am glad I did because it lasted ony a few minutes. I'm browsing around to see if any other sites have interesting stats.

EDIT: Eh, nothing interesting to add. Still looking for the case of the 'blip'

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Look folks. The internet is not going to simply shutdown overnight. I will make this prediction right now and I will be more than happy to admit defeat if it does. But I guess none of you will have the opportunity to tell me "I Told you so"

Anyway, if they do attack the internet and big servers I don't think we will hardly notice. At best they will only hurt certain parts like what happened to google, yahoo and all of them a couple of weeks ago. Anyway you cut it, it will be brief and very nominal.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"ELECTRONIC JIHAD" could not happen simply because would be perpetrators realize the finger would have pointed to the only POSSIBLE place: The United States government.

Now it seems to me this hasnt stopped them lately. Oh, no, it would have been way too obvious for sure..........

SMR

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My internet is down.Can anyone confirm this elsewhere?
I cant get on the net for the life of me!

[edit on 26-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Yep, you're off line alright.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I got infomation this will possibly occur between now and 48 hour's from now.

The following message is to the ats mod's

Take ATS offline sometime for a short period of time for so called repairs to make sure ats is not effected or take the nessarry precausions

This threat is real.

Falcon

SMR

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by SMR

Yep, you're off line alright.

I posted that in another forum and someone actualy replied "My side is fine here,but I must ask,how did you just post that?"

As for this being a real threat.
I think all we can do is wait and see.If it happens,it happens.Nothing much anyone will be able to do about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If the threat is real how will shutting ATS down for a while protect them? And what can we do to protect ourselves?
I don't think the Internet threat is real but then again I have been known to be naive in the past. Pitiful as it sounds, I thought the second plane flying into the WTC did so because it couldn't see the tower due to the smoke from the first plane flying into the other tower!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, geez, if we are talking about terrorists taking down the internet, doesn't this mean we think the terrorists might be capable of doing this.
So, doesn't this achieve jihad on a very small scale. Hell, knowing Americans as they do, maybe they started this rumor just to get us geeked. Seems to be working, at least a little.

begone, terrorist trolls

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why wait for the terrorists to do it when you can do it yourself?
Link

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
DarkHelmet, too cool! It's so nice to know that people have time to come up with all these unique websites

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yup. Next semester I have a Web Design class. This will be how all my sites will be. I won't make but 1 or 2 serious ones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join