It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA what an embarassment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Seriously

Un-fat homable Stupidity

Now let me get this straight. A Foreign Minister of a Sovereign State turns up at an airport. What exactly do you reasonably expect an individual in this position to be carrying. Seriously. Any suggestion to the contrary of NOTHING I'm telling you you've lost the plot.

But no. "On Sunday, Mr Rudd, who was on his way from Mexico to New York to address United Nations General Assembly, was stopped at US Customs and questioned over the mystery brown paste, which authorities feared could represent a potentially dangerous liquid." from the linked article.

Or is it just an innate fear of something they just don't understand More Stupidity

Cheers

edit on 19-9-2011 by myselfaswell because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Vegemite is disgusting. Anyone trying to smuggle that nasty food into the USA should be sent to Guantanamo.

He's lucky he has diplomatic immunity.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Mate

Totally agree that it's shart from the anus of Satan.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

The U.S. had banned Vegemite....so didn't he know that going in?

As for the reason why it is not allowed into my country...I find rather weak.....they won't allow it in because it has folic acid in it. I really don't understand what the big deal with folic acid is. Maybe someone will please explain it to me.

As for the U.S. being embarrassing.....there is a lot more to be embarrassed about than the ban of Vegemite.

Actually.....the word (Vegemite) is funny to me....and I think this whole thing is silly. It reminds me of an (I Love Lucy) episode.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Welcome to the Police State of the good ole USA. At least it doesn't sound as though he was sexually molested or accused of being a terrorist for being in the bathroom too long. I wouldn't say it was an embarrased incident first someone has to have enough brains to know they have done something stupid. Its all for our own safety don't forget. Just like they had to kill the kids to save the kids at Waco. Same stupidity just different day and different face.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Your average American has no experience with vegemite.

But it does look like unrefined heroin. Touch it to the tongue and you'll find a difference...but who would want to do that?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh.. it's not really embarrassing. The same laws should be applied to him as everyone else so it's fair. Why did he need to bring vegemite with him anyway? Is he facing an election soon down there? Does he feel he needs to carry a bag with all things expressly Australian to win votes?

Rudd's Koala backpack for trips abroad, contains:
Vegemite
Men at Work teeshirt
Boomerang
cork hat
Warumpi Band Cd

Also, you should use the actual headline in the article so people will actually scope this page out, most people will just think it's a bash American thread and not get to read about vegemite.

edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I guess if you had a jar of Skippy's peanut butter in your suitcase you would be classified as a terrorist.
I can just see a ten year old boy in the throws of an agent with big hands and white rubber gloves.
They cannot even pay me enough to fly to the states of even over the country.
Peace!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The human race is an embarrassment in general.
But if Rudd didn't want to get stopped.....he should have simply followed the rules if you possess the ability to read...the keyword here folks is "rules"...say it slowly r - u - l - e - s, there ya go! why do idiot politicians get a free pass, simply because they are diplomats, pretty unfair tbh.
Looks like TSA/Customs did something right for once.
edit on 19-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Moral of the story.........

Don't fly.......

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Vegemite is disgusting. Anyone trying to smuggle that nasty food into the USA should be sent to Guantanamo.

He's lucky he has diplomatic immunity.

Whoa! Man when I was in Iraq I was tied in with an Australian 4RAR and SASR regiment and one of the guys gave me some vegamite to try. I can honestly say that if I were losty in the deserts of Iraq and that's all I had to eat, I would hunt camel piles first.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Actually.....the word (Vegemite) is funny to me....and I think this whole thing is silly. It reminds me of an (I Love Lucy) episode.

Me too! I thought I was the only one.

I don't get the ban either though....

But as you said, there are many more things to be embarrassed about.... Vegemite... Tastes like crap, but I am more embarrassed over say... Our bullying other countries

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
We have it here in the UK, only it's called Marmite, and it's bloody disgusting!! It should be banned, in fact, one European country has banned it!

Marmite: Denmark says spread could be illegal

British savoury spread Marmite could be illegal in Denmark if it fails to meet safety requirements, officials say.

"You'll either love it or you'll hate it" is the slogan, I'm yet to meet anyone under the age of 65 that loves it!

new topics

top topics

join