It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Icarus : Will Anonymous shut down the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is problematic for a number of reasons.

One, I have always said that this group is dangerous simply for the fact that they seemingly have the ability to hold Americans hostage in a variety of ways. While I understand the anger towards the banks, I certainly don't need my banking website to be hijacked, my ATM card to be rejected, my transactions to be delayed or altered in any way. It is my right to conduct business; it is not their right to decide not to allow me to.

Two, the stock market is already in trouble. This leaves two possibilities:
-- a stock market crash incorrectly blamed on this group
--a forced stock market crash by this group messing around with an already fragile system

Look, if the US is going to crash, I would rather have it happen by natural economical factors rather than a group of unknowns taking over the financial sector.

The bottom line is this: we have no idea who this group REALLY is. If people found out it was a secret team employed by China, they would, I hope, abandon support. We still have no idea whether these are twenty-something hackers or political strategists. We could be facing manipulation on a grand scale.

I am still shocked that people are so willing to allow a group, any group, to meddle in our lives, threaten financial volatility, disrupt daily transactions, and now may possibly and potentially crash the stock market.

For a lot of supporters on ATS for this group, where are your conspiracy minds now? Why are you so willing to support the hijacking of the Internet knowing full well it is going to lead to more stringent Internet laws and less web freedom? At what point do you realize that the "fun" aspects of this group, such as messing with the Defense Department, MasterCard, etc., have now been overshadowed by their ability to crash the market unnecessarily or prematurely? What do you really think this group is going to accomplish that is going to directly benefit us?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join