It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Terror: What's Going On?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have contacts in Sochi and Rostov-on-Don. They're very close to the retreat (5 mins). They've described to me the retreat.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Terrorists have taken credit for the two dowed planes.... That doesn't mean they actually did this thugh.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Considering the lack of contributors on this thread, it's pretty amazing how many people have viewed it. Over 400.

So what do ya'll think? Anyone? Was this an act of terrorism or a coincidence? They say there was bad weather in both areas at the time of the incidents. What would the motive be? Havn't spoken to my guy in Sochi, yet; so, I really don't know. My hunch is that it was terrorism. But who would the "terrorists" be? Having concentrated so much focus on Iraq and the mid-east, I've fallen behind on my Russian/Soviet analysis.

Here are a few articles to chew on:

No cause ruled out in Russian plane crashes: US

Wed Aug 25, 4:29 PM ET Add Politics - AFP to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (AFP) - No possible cause has been ruled out in two near-simultaneous plane crashes in Russia that left 89 people dead, the US State Department said.
news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040825/pl_afp/russia_plane_us_040825202935

Russians Caught Between Unacceptable, Unbelievable

By Susan B. Glasser and Peter Finn
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, August 26, 2004; Page A14

MOSCOW, Aug. 25 -- A day after two Russian airliners fell from the sky, confusion over what happened reflected a country torn between skepticism that the government would tell the truth and concern about an airline industry so old and poorly maintained that two planes might go down by accident at the same time.

Both main theories about the crashes were nearly unbelievable.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Air experts doubt accident theory

Aviation experts say the circumstances of Russia's double air disaster look suspicious.
The odds on two airliners crashing almost simultaneously by accident after leaving the same airport are extremely slim, they say.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I would say the two crashes are government stuff, to keep people from thinking about something more important. Just like 90% of all events.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Aelita,

Your absolutley correct, Tu-154 jet crashed some 600 miles south of Moscow. Tu-134 jet crashed in the Tula region, about 125 miles south of Moscow. Sochi is about 1,500 miles from Moscow. That rules out the missle battery from Putin's resort .

I understand Sochi is a famous resort site so a flight from Moscow is probably rather common. Hardly classified as plane bound for Putins Retreat. I can see the conspiracy and state sponsored terrorism theories are already in high gear.

On the other hand you have a Islamic extremist group claiming it was in retaliation for the treatment of muslims in Chechnya.

Only time will tell as the investigators gather more info from the crash sites.

However for some it will always be some secret government cover up, with visions of grandeur, hell bent for world domination. It could never be the extremists who carry out these sadistic acts.

My condolence's to the family's of those who perished.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ECK
Has it ever crossed your mind that al qaeda is to blame for terrorist attacks on the US and abroad. You are always quick to defend al qaeda or islamic extremists for there possible role in terror attacks or pass it off as Bush and Co. handy work.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Seems to e the work of chechen separatists:

news.findlaw.com...

this link states that a hijack signal was sent out before the jet crashed indicating that something untoward was happening on the jet.

cbs11tv.com...

This one talks about the chechnya connection. It confirms that hexogen was the explosive material used by Chechen separatists in the apartment bombings which was also found on the plane. Another point of note is that elections are due to be held in Chechnya in 5 days time so these people could be taking the same route as the madrid bombers.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Aug 27- CBS News Correspondent Richard Roth says investigators believe a woman was likely responsible - wearing an explosive belt that could have passed through security undetected unless she was frisked. Women in Russia rarely are.

Russian officials said they were investigating two female passengers � one on each plane � with Chechen names. The two were the only passengers whose relatives did not contact authorities, officials said.

Female suicide bombers with alleged Chechen connections have carried out attacks in Moscow, including the twin bombing of an outdoor rock concert and another blast outside a hotel adjacent to Red Square.
cbs11tv.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh my. In my newspaper in austrlaia i read that the 2 black boxes weren't working.... so tey wouldn;'t be able to find anything regarding the crash in them.

Investigators probe Russia crashes
From CNN Correspondent Ryan Chilcote
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 Posted: 11:29 AM EDT (1529 GMT)

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Russian officials have rushed the flight data recorders from two airliners back to Moscow, where they will be decoded for clues to explain the near-simultaneous crashes of the two passenger jets.

The two planes crashed within minutes of each other Tuesday night after departing Moscow's Domodedovo Airport, killing all aboard.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Terrorists have taken credit for the two dowed planes.... That doesn't mean they actually did this thugh.

Well, terrorists have taken credit for 11/8, but it does not mean that they did it?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is now being reported that traces of explosives have been found in the wreakage of the aircraft.

.....and for those who think Russia should now get 'tough' in Chetchnya in response I simply ask, how?

Beyond systematic genocide what could Russia do that she is not already doing?

They are currently fighting with missiles, rockets, air-strikes, tanks....whats left?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When I mentioned the missile batteries, I was speaking about in the Rostov-on-Don region. (Which is near Sochi.)

They've found the HEX matter in both crashes now. I tend to believe Putin's goons had something to do with it. It's similar to what was used in the '99 apartment bombings. Most folks there believe Putin's goons were behind that. It helped him get elected. This will help him totally clamp down with the security.

Explosives find in 2nd Russian jet
Moscow orders tougher airline flight security
Saturday, August 28, 2004 Posted: 4:45 PM EDT (2045 GMT)

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Explosives have been found in the wreckage of the second of two jets which crashed almost simultaneously this week, Russia's FSB security service told CNN.

"Additional examination of the fragments of the Tu-134 aircraft which crashed on Tuesday ... has revealed traces of hexogen," an FSB spokesman said.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is amazing, how the russians keep silence in such situation. I wonder, what is that silence for...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
It is amazing, how the russians keep silence in such situation. I wonder, what is that silence for...

They're experts at it.

Hello to you in Hungary!
How well do you remember the cold war? It must not have felt so good to be so close to the USSR.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think that, if indeed Osama bin Laden-supported Chechyen rebels are attempting large-scale terrorism against Russia, as it has against the U.S., then things are going to get very ugly for al Quadea (as if it hasn't already!) very soon...

Imagine the U.S. and Russia actually teamed up for real (not just in words at press conferences) to fight the war against terrorism... and the Russians, unlike the Americans, are not likely to hold back in their efforts for fear of public scrutiny; they'll go all out once they're on board. This could be a very good thing, or a very bad thing, depending on how it works out. (What if Russia invades Georgia? Or Iran? Or some of the former Soviet -istan countries?)

Who haven't Muslim fanatics, especially those who are part of al Quadea, pissed off at this point? They've got the U.S., U.K., Russia, China, and India all against them at this point...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
I think that, if indeed Osama bin Laden-supported Chechyen rebels are attempting large-scale terrorism against Russia, as it has against the U.S., then things are going to get very ugly for al Quadea (as if it hasn't already!) very soon...

It appears that Al-Quaeda and Bin Laden are helping Bush reelection. If Bin Laden is so furious of US invasion of Iraq, why would he attack Russia with Russia strongly opposing US invasion and possibly provide some support to Iraq Resistance. Are Bin Laden or Al-Quaeda nuts, or in fact they are Al-CIAda?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
It appears that Al-Quaeda and Bin Laden are helping Bush reelection. If Bin Laden is so furious of US invasion of Iraq, why would he attack Russia with Russia strongly opposing US invasion and possibly provide some support to Iraq Resistance. Are Bin Laden or Al-Quaeda nuts, or in fact they are Al-CIAda?

They're nuts, of course! They're suicidal religious fanatics! You expect them to be logical?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Good point, zcheng. From what I'm hearing, and even reading in the news, most folks over there think Putin's goons were behind it. One woman said she was afraid of impending violence and that there was no point in even voting. She said it was rigged in favor of Putin's guy. It seems now she was right. He was elected, if I'm correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Good point, zcheng. From what I'm hearing, and even reading in the news, most folks over there think Putin's goons were behind it. One woman said she was afraid of impending violence and that there was no point in even voting. She said it was rigged in favor of Putin's guy. It seems now she was right. He was elected, if I'm correct.

No. you may misunderstand my point. I think it is very likely that US is behind these attacks, as a punishment of Russia and as a good tool to exploit the fear of terror attack by Bush team.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Anything's possible. When I started looking at the map (considering what's going on) around the Sochi region, I started to get very curious about my friend being over there. I won't say any more than that, other than pieces are moving around the board that we are not privy to seeing. This could be an example of that. Our military is surrounding the Soviet. They cannot be happy with that.

Here's the latest on the aircraft downings. The planes did go down b/c of explosives. The question is, did those two Chechnyan chicks do the deed? Maybe. Maybe not.

Russian Plane Crashes Definitely Caused by Explosives; "black Box" Shows No Evidence of Hijacking

By Maria Danilova Associated Press Writer
Published: Aug 30, 2004

MOSCOW (AP) - Russia's transport minister, citing a "black box" recording from one two planes that crashed minutes apart last, said Monday there was no evidence of a hijacking attempt or any other disturbance before explosions aboard the jetliners.
ap.tbo.com...

Is there anyone from the former USSR out there? I'd love to hear your point of view on this.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The chances of this event happening is like you winning the lottery and then the next day your brother wins the lottery, it's just near to impossible. These planes exploded. I immediately thought chechyen rebels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join