It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Terror: What's Going On?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You may be right zcheng.

I think it's a bit more than suspicious that two aircrafts went down within 4 minutes of each other.

There is so much corruption there, the "mechanics" could've well been responsible for sabotage.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
I think that this is a high profile torrorist Hijacking to be blamed on Al-Queda and show the world how unsafe the world really is. The West Media like CNN, Fox, BBC will gladly broadcast the terror 24x7 to terrorize the world and get Bush elected. The problem is that Putin do not want to play the game as planned, and blowned both off the air. Sadly, there is no terror show for Bush.

Are you saying that Putin had the planes shot down?
If so what information do you have to support your assertion?

Off the wall statements like this generally lessen the credibility of the one making the statement as well as exposing highly imaginative bias.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Are you aware of the reality of state-sponsored terrorism? It's very real.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
An interesting development reported by the BBC here.

President Vladimir Putin's envoy to the southern region said the Tupolev airliners' black boxes had "practically switched off immediately".

That is very strange indeed. The large scattering of debris and the reports of explosions by witnesses lend credence to the theory that these planes broke up in mid-air.

This is also an interesting little tidbit of information:

Mr Putin has also ordered the government to draft legislation to hand over responsibility for airport security to the interior ministry.

Funny how this will allow him to reign in private corporate power in yet another sector touching on Russia's National Security Interests.

Also don't forget that Putin is ex(?)-KGB. They could certainly pull off an "Operation Northwoods" of their own. Again it would be interesting to get a passenger list especially of the plane heading for the resort. Only rich Russians would likely be on board and the other plane may be part of a distraction not to make a targeted assasination too obvious.

P.S. For a moderator who is a self confessed "troll exterminator" Prank Monkey is doing a good job of being one on this thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Good points, one and all. I can't argue with any of what you said. Black boxes scrubbed? Rubbish! That smacks of cover-up. And yes, what of those passenger lists? And consolidating airport security under the gov., it's starting to really stink.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What happened to the ATSNN story on this? I couldn't see a link to it anywhere???

BTW, this is Bush's fault!

(that was for Prank Monkey)

Anyhoo....I thought there were reports of the Highjacking signal being sent by one or more planes before they crashed? Given the terrorism resulting from increased tensions with the Georgians, this wouldn't surprise me...not Al Queda....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
Are you saying that Putin had the planes shot down?
If so what information do you have to support your assertion?

Off the wall statements like this generally lessen the credibility of the one making the statement as well as exposing highly imaginative bias.

As I said, it is a possibility. Without full evidence and investigative resources, we can only try to connect dots and think by ourselves.

I do mind if you think what I said is bull#.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I thought there were reports of the Highjacking signal being sent by one or more planes before they crashed? Given the terrorism resulting from increased tensions with the Georgians, this wouldn't surprise me...not Al Queda....

Affirmative Gazrok.

Ya gotta admit, though, BushCo. will surely point to this as al-CIAda and that we had betta keep him in office otherwise the boogy man will get us all, too.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Mr Putin has also ordered the government to draft legislation to hand over responsibility for airport security to the interior ministry.

Funny how this will allow him to reign in private corporate power in yet another sector touching on Russia's National Security Interests.

EXACTLY

I mentioned this yesterday on the ATSNN thread, in a different light, but same subject.

URL
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My Post

Interesting... Anyone else smell something rotten?

URL
www.mosnews.com...

quote:
On Wednesday, August 25, following the news of the double aircraft disaster, State Duma Deputy Valery Draganov suggested grouping all Russian airlines into one state-run monopoly. This would allow for better servicing of the airplane fleet, better flight organization and more financial means to renew the fleet, said the deputy.

�Having found out about the tragedy that happened to two of our air jets, I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to change the legislature in order to create a single airline, and I already began to hold consultations in this direction,� said Draganov. The deputy expressed an opinion that a single airline would have more financial opportunities for timely renewal of their fleet of planes, their servicing and organization of flights.

�At the present time every region of Russia has a large and several small airlines, and it is highly doubtful that all of them have qualified maintenance staff, not to speak of financial opportunities of buying new aircraft,� he explained.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Putin's just pullin' it all up to him, isn't he? Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate, said the state. He's one spooky dude.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Perhaps it actually was Bush's fault....

Seriously though, the fact that 2 planes went down in such a small period of time is telling. I think it is clear it wasn't 2 fluke mid air explosions within the same 5 minutes.

How about this theory - Rusia actually wants to get in on the war on terrorism. God knows they have their own problems with this. They find out their are terrorist suspects on these planes, so they blow them both up on the spot.

This does 2 things. First, it protects whatever target these guys may have had. Second, it gives Russia a "get into the war on terrorism free" card. Anytime they want, they can simply say "new evidance points towards a terrorist attack. These people were trained in country X."

Maybe Russia and the US have been talking behind the scenes on a long term joint venture against terrorism.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A lot of good info:

english.pravda.ru...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Its suspicious that the Russians denied it was terrorism before they'd even got to the Black Box recorders...

And surely both planes weren't hit by Ukranian missiles???

[edit on 26/8/04 by Smokersroom]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
According to BBC news tonight (and all the other UK news outlets) Russia has denied there is any evidence of terroist activity in relation to these 2 planes.

Apparantly Russia is also claiming the 'black boxes' have been too badly damaged to be of any use and that all the data is irrecoverable.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Those black boxes are built for crashes. How the hell can they be damaged? That makes no sense.

They've been engaging terrorists for some time. (Chechnya)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How sad that you are simply another conspiracy theorist EASTCOASTKID!! I expected more just so we could converse on issues with real explanations.

This is my last response to any of your misguided fantasy journies.

live long and prosper spock wannabe.......

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darth ruin
How sad that you are simply another conspiracy theorist EASTCOASTKID!! I expected more just so we could converse on issues with real explanations.

This thread discusses different possibility on why the tragedy happened. For you, different motivations suggested for a crime will all be called conspiracy. You seems like to claim any thing not conform to official explaination a conspiracy, as if the government will always tell the truth to the people. Do not be so naive please on ATS.

What do have to offer for your not conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

What do have to offer for your not conspiracy? - of Darth Ruin

Nuthin'. I've never even heard of that person before. I don't know why they even bothered posting. The post added ZILCH to the debate.

Those crashes had to be synchronized attacks. The possibility of them both going down at the same time is mathematically improbable.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All right, I would speculate that the planes were hijacked 9/11 style. Once the Airforce Command learned about it, they followeed their orders and shot them down.

The trace of explosives found today in the wreckage are that of hexogen. This compound has been used in Russian missles before. The terrorits would probably stick with C4.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It starting to sound more 9-11ish as each day passes. I just read an article on it. The interesting thing is the bomb substance they found (Hex) was also found in the apt. bombings over there awhile back. Putin's goon squad was accused of being behind that.

However, independent military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer dismissed that speculation, saying the plane wreckage did not show signs of being shot down and that there are no anti-aircraft missile batteries in the regions where the planes fell.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Say what?! No anti-missile batteries? Give me a break! That one plane was on its way to Sochi, where Putin was. Does anyone actually believe there aren't anti-missile batteries all around Putin's compound? That statement is downright absurd.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It starting to sound more 9-11ish as each day passes. I just read an article on it. The interesting thing is the bomb substance they found (Hex) was also found in the apt. bombings over there awhile back. Putin's goon squad was accused of being behind that.

However, independent military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer dismissed that speculation, saying the plane wreckage did not show signs of being shot down and that there are no anti-aircraft missile batteries in the regions where the planes fell.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Say what?! No anti-missile batteries? Give me a break! That one plane was on its way to Sochi, where Putin was. Does anyone actually believe there aren't anti-missile batteries all around Putin's compound? That statement is downright absurd.

ECK, you probably don't appreciate how large this country is
I also happen to have traveled in South Russia a few times, so trust me on this one

They planes crashed very, very far from Sochi, out of range of any antiaircraft battery in existence.

If the planes were indeed shot down, I'd wager it was an AA missile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join