It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question (kind of), would like to discuss

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Another example of one dimentional state partially governing all the others has been actually experimented with and has some very good result. When an aspect of an actual quantitative result was proved aboard a shuttle mission....many a Cosmologist yelled Horray!

Two atomic clocks were placed in synch. One was left on earth....the other placed aboard a Space Shuttle. The shuttle travels at over 18,000mph orbiting the Earth. An aspect to time/space dictates that the further away and faster a person travels from the Earth....Time Dialation will occur.

This means that a person aboard a craft that travels at a high rate of speed and away from the ONE DIMENTIONALITY OF EARTHS GRAVITY WELL....will actually TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE. Time is relative so more time will pass on earth and less will pass for those on the Shuttle. After a week of orbiting Earth....the shuttle returned and the two clocks were compared. The clock on Earth had more time passed than the clock on the shuttle.

So...the Astronauts had actually jumped a small amount of time into the future. As example....the shuttle clock showed 240 hours had passed since liftoff.....the clock on Earth showed 240.00000006 hours passed time since liftoff. This is proof positive that time travel is not only possible....BUT WE HAVE DONE IT!

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand why said aliens have to be from a different galaxy.
It seems to me that he is assuming several things:
1) our understanding of space/time is flawless
2) that they are here to see us and not just explore
3) alien biological makeup ie; what kind of environment they come from and can sustain in

And you no what they say about assumptions...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
hmmmm....at the risk of being lamblasted and ridiculed, which seems to be some ATS'ers hobby to consume their time, and I will not get into posts that I just read, and I read them all...What if "aliens" weren't "aliens" at all...what if they are demensional?...Or maybe in "hollow earth" where the greater NAZI party went. Maybe they are on the darkside of the moon. All that science and arguing never answers the questions. I came on here to see WHO, WHAT and WHERE and HOW others were learning and what was "out there" on all subjects, notot to argue or make fun of others beliefs or opinions or theories. NONE of us really know.....now do we?????.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i]reply to post by TheWhaler

Although he strongly believes advance life living out there, he feels as if the sightings reported and how the media portrays it is just bull.

A smart man.

Why believe everything you see and hear from the media to be true? A "U.F.O." doesn't mean a craft under control of an intelligent life form. It's simply something that's in the air that people can't say what exactly it is. Myself and others have seen one flying over my nephews highschool championship football game. A bright light in daylight flying over the Oakland Colluseum. My guess, it was just a shiny balloon. Yeah, it was weird to see, but nothing to get worked up over.

If alien beings were traveling here from other galaxies, giving the distance of even the nearest Andromeda galaxy and even if they traveled at light speed, the beings would have to have left their home planet millions of years ago, while our ancestors were still little tadpole creatures floatin about.

Who ever said they were in a different galaxy??? The Milky Way is pretty big. Maybe they're not from a different galaxy?
Maybe you can ask him about that one?

I immediately think that he is only applying to what the educated human scientist in todays age knows, right?

That's probably the case, covering ones tracks. Unfortunately, that's how todays' education system seems to work when it comes to teachers. Not a far fling from "The earth is flat" days. When someone comes out with a new idea, everyone else wants proof. If they have it, they're a hero for a second or two until the next idea comes along, if not, they're banished into the realm of absurdity even if proved later to be true.

They may have the title of "professor", but they are students just the same as those they pass thier knowledge onto. They're still learning new things and they always will be.
How else could one ever be an effective teacher?

If I was in your shoes:
I would ask him to tell me what he truely believes in his heart to be true. No outside interference, just me and my teacher.
What can he really tell me of what he knows? What is it that will really help me in my pursuit of knowledge?

So what I am asking- I mean, don't things like time/space change and affect our understandings the further we are from the sun, moon, our solar system?

It's interesting that you say that, I won't give any comment on it here, but I will say look into the idea if that's where your heart takes you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWhaler

Who says aliens come from different part of the galaxy or the universe? They could be in our own solar system.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

That's a bit harsh!! Maybe he does know things that we do not. Who are you or I to question his honesty or motives. Like him, I have some experience in the Military and I can assure you that all you read and see in the press is only what you were meant to read and see. The truth can be quite a bit different.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Funny that he had to use a nearby galaxy instead of nearby stars, which would weaken his argument...

Hasnt he watched Farscape? A brilliant show in my opinion, wish it didnt have to end when it did...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Your teacher doesn't seem to bee updated. He's explanations are the old classical ones. Our knowledge in physics isn't sufficient enough to figure out how to travel faster than light or bend space time ore using wormholes or whatever. There are so many different explanations (suggestions) today, how to travel in those "impossible" light-year distances... These theories about interstellar traveling (with or without humanoids) are supported by physicists and UFO investigators, as a complementary explanations to how ETs are visiting us, besides dimensional- and time-travel.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well said I hate when people pop up saying nothing can travel faster than light like its a certainty. We as humans are so arrogent, we understand a small % of our universe but claim to know answers for many things despite not having the knowledge to know the facts for sure. They are only certain to us in the limited variations that we experiment with.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burningbelief

The problem is that humans are very arrogent creatures. They like to tell you that you are wrong because they can't comprehend a different reality. Also they do this when people are also just talking plain crazy

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

1. Travelling from another galaxy is highly fictional and your professor is right.
2. ETs are likely coming from close star systems.
3. This 'another dimension' stuff is again fiction (modern myths).
4. All living beings have a limited life span, whether on earth or elsewhere. So the travellers will all die if journey is very long (unless ship is like a complete ecosystem, where the descendants will eventually reach the destination)
5. The issue of power source affects every ship. Infinite fuel/food cannot be carried on a ship. This issue will limit the distance a ship can travel.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I choose not to delve in subjects involving the universe, physical space, our galaxies and other galaxies, so I am not of help there. When my mind goes to those places in order to seek knowledge it is such a lonely and powerful place that I become overwhelmed with fear.

For aliens, I think it bizarre that we have so much controversy about Roswell. I believe the witnesses, some of them did not go public and I believe their family members also.

For abductions, I believe a lot of those people. I do not believe all of the world, but the real abductees never went public. Something happened and the court is open, is could be 4th dimensional, not much evidence suggests that it is physical and 3rd density, but that they are able to access the physical world. Maybe they are physical, and are using their mind to access the 4th dimension or whatever it is.

For aliens on earth operating in a grand study of earth in 1970s. I think it's highly suggestable. I don't think many have learned what I have learned. I listen, and I when I identify something real I believe.

I am not denying it is possible for German intelligence to have connected to Los Alamos by operation paperclip, humans began developing technology underground to make themselves appear like aliens and abductions were demonic real events of the dream world / physical world.
edit on 20-9-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

So what I am asking- I mean, don't things like time/space change and affect our understandings the further we are from the sun, moon, our solar system? Also, wouldn't dimensions somehow play a part against his theory? Is it possible there are elements or energy which travel faster than light?

I am not an educated scientist so Im sorry If I have any contradicting points, thats just what I would like to ask of someone with more knowledge

Your professor is limiting his thinking to not include many concepts in theoretical physics.

For example, the idea of wormholes get around the problem of the light speed limit, by being pathways in space/time that would lessen the trip. So, if aliens were able to generate these, they could bypass the light speed limit, for example.

Let alone ways we may not have even fathomed yet... Simply put, any interstellar traveller's technology would be so advanced to us, that it would seem no different than magic.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I believe there are many present in our own galaxy. However, them coming from another galaxy giving time it would take relative to distance was the hypothetical situation he talked about which is what I decided to post.

He actually believes we will hear of life in our solar system

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Enjoy reading your posts very much, thank you.

What about the concept of star-gates? Is this an actual theoretical concept people actually study? Or is it just some stoner sci-fi crap I read off Proj Scamelot from Burisch? Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you for the in depth replies and the clips, as well as movie suggestions I will definitely give them a look!

Can you go any further into your experiences? What do they look like, how they talk, mannerisms, linguistics, way they move, physiology? Anything of that sort?

I have an open mind to what you say

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I feel you. Of course you can't believe all the reportings of abductions or sightings or whatever,

But out of alll the millions of reports over the years, even ancient times, if just one is really true, then thats all that matters right?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And since some people seem to be so certain... I let my signature speak to them.

About your professor's statement about media B.S. (which is the conventional opinion).

I don't know anything about this for sure, but this is some of what I've found the last 7 months... (Before this I was very sceptical to all about UFO sightings, but little did I know
)

And actually I don't see conventional media portraying much of what seem to be going on. Fact is that some governments do their best to ridicule ideas about ETs, and quite successfully. And of course there are many reasons for them to do so... Facts are many UFO sightings are reported every single day and night according to investigations and even if less than one percent of them are real ETs, but some anyhow, it would be enough to say "whatever it is, it isn't B.S."

Mass sightings and reliable ones like Phoenix lights, those in Mexico, Rendlesham forest incident, Belgium 89-90 and many many others are phenomena that speak for themselves...

Among those who believe ETs from far away,are visiting us and have for a long time, (and perhaps even created us by DNA manipulations, because some artefacts and discoveries are pointing towards this, [the genetic disc and the Sumerian texts and some skulls found, for instance]) there are various scientists and politicians, (e.g. Klaus Dona, Stanton Friedman, Michael More, Paul Hellyer, Gordon Cooper, Ed Mitchell, military pilots, civilian pilots) i.e. people with some pretty high level of authority.

We have found long skulls without the sagittal suture (which homo sapiens have) those skulls are at different museums and have been found around the world, and might give some answers to why many people all of a sudden began elongate the heads of their infants, all over the world. Some of these skulls are being DNA tested right know [as for the "starchild skull]).

We can't explain the giant monolithic stones e.g. those in Baalbek... How they were moved, because today we can't move them...

We can't explain the many pictures of star constellations on 12 000 to 15 000 year old artefacts like the "Iluminati pyramid" (Klaus Dona) or the Dogon tribe and their knowledge, or the level of astronomical knowledge in ancient times, when some of these stars wasn't even possible to see without advanced telescopes, people who allegedly didn't even have a writing system, well can be argued but anyway many strange facts about and artefacts from, ancient times there are, and many archaeologists simply ignore it...

If you read books about it or see the many documentaries, some of which can be found at www.youtube.com... you might find some really interesting answers (and many interesting questions).

I recommend: "Ancient Aliens" beginning here www.youtube.com... ,
Klaus Dona www.youtube.com...
And the great "The Revelation of the Pyramids" in 7 parts www.youtube.com...

For a little better understanding perhaps...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWhaler
reply to post by greyer

I feel you. Of course you can't believe all the reportings of abductions or sightings or whatever,

But out of alll the millions of reports over the years, even ancient times, if just one is really true, then thats all that matters right?

Again, there are those that did not report their abduction and it is much easier to believe. Eventually it was discovered and Dr. Leo Sprinkle found out, or others looking for refuge heard about researchers.

The first abductions when researched were in the early 50s. Ancient aliens might have been here, but we are talking about a major operation that happened from Roswell on up through the new millenium.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWhaler
I mean, don't things like time/space change and affect our understandings the further we are from the sun, moon, our solar system? Also, wouldn't dimensions somehow play a part against his theory? Is it possible there are elements or energy which travel faster than light?

Well, for one, it's perfectly possible that an alien race could have evolved billions of years ago, and that even at speeds well below lightspeed, they would have had time to spread themselves completely through the known universe. That's Fermi's Paradox. Where are they? They could have had plenty of time to get here. To get everywhere.

And yes, our current understanding of spacetime in an electromagnetic context is pretty good, but it should by no means be considered complete. There may very well be both natural and artificial ways to "bypass" the speed of light that some other intelligence could have discovered eons ago, once again allowing them to already be here.

Our understanding of reality is severely limited by our own perceptions and intelligence. Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. A cat doesn't understand income taxes. But that doesn't mean income taxes don't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join