It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Members, did you see anything strange in the skies tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A friend of the family notified me in past 30 minutes about "Strange white lights" in the skies, this person lives in a place called Aviemore in Scotland.

I know nothing more, no pics, nada- nothing. I just wanted to alert a few people and maybe find out if anyone else did?

Also erm..Hello.
edit on 19-9-2011 by AgentDisinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just the usual red / brown skies over Glasgow

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The RAF regularly use the Cairngorm area, around Aviemore, for low level Tornado runs. It's a busy area for tourists, seldom does a day go past without some fool getting caught out on the mountains by bad weather. The RAF rescue copters are never out of the place tbh.

So. I'm thinking conventional things. Aeroplanes, helicopters, flares, flashlights etc etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i did tonite ,was on way back from stirling at 9pm we were 5 mile from perth and we saw a bright light in the sky that then dissapered behind a hill ,i know the area well and there a no houses or roads on the hill ,about a mile from the broxden roundabout it reappered to the east of perth then we saw what we think was a helicopter go across perth towards the light it was like it was chasing it ,the light dissapered but the helicopter seem to be looking for it still ,we know it wasnt a plane by the movement of it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi there I've just signed up to this sight after googling "Strange lights Aviemore". My Friend and I also noticed these lights last night driving south to Aviemore. Would have been between quarter to 9 and quarter past that we were watching them and they were very strange. The lights came from one spot in the sky, radiating out over our heads in big searchlight like beams. The beams of light were also constantly rotating quite quickly around the same central spot in the sky.

There's my tuppence, hopefully someone can shed some light (pardon the pun) on this situation.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm absolutely thrilled others have seen the lights! The person who contacted me about them seemed a little spooked, she has also lived there her whole life - I think she'd be more than aware of any RAF procedures although it should be taken into consideration. Apparently neighbours in the area could see the lights also.

Steelman's comment about a helicopter chasing the light sounds interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentDisinfo
A friend of the family notified me in past 30 minutes about "Strange white lights" in the skies, this person lives in a place called Aviemore in Scotland.

I know nothing more, no pics, nada- nothing. I just wanted to alert a few people and maybe find out if anyone else did?

Also erm..Hello.
edit on 19-9-2011 by AgentDisinfo because: (no reason given)

the aliens feel like skiing?.

n/w scotland here, no lights.

probably just the raf/mountain rescue doing night exercises/saving someone..
it was a really nice day earlier, so my money's on some stupid tourist going climbing/hiking not paying attention to the weather and being ill equipped. it happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentDisinfo

leauchers air base is only 30 miles from us and thats the direction it came from ,im on this site all the time but id never thought id be writing on it about this lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I didn't see anything here in the north east of england, But I chacked my facebook this morning and a few friends was reporting a loud bang in our city about 2am this morning. Its not the first time either, I seen friends reporting loud bangs in our city over the last year or so but nothing on the news or in the local paper about it. Except the one time when we had that strange humming noise that was blamed on a russian bomber(that one had people window frames vibrating and woke people in the middle of the night)

new topics

top topics

join