It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As if they haven't got anything better to do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The Search for Apollo 10's 'Snoopy'

As part of the mission, Apollo 10's lunar module ascent stage -- affectionately called 'Snoopy' -- was discarded and sent into an orbit around the sun. 42 years later and it's still believed to be out there. In a celestial version of finding a needle in a haystack, Howes and his team are about to embark on the seemingly impossible: finding Snoopy!

Full read: news.discovery.com...

Why bother?
Will it bring a new insight in our understanding of the universe?
Will it bring world peace if he finds it?
Will it end the financial crisis?
Will it provide disclosure?

[EDIT; Mods if this is the wrong section could you please move it to the right one?]

edit on 19-9-2011 by Regenstorm because: corrected lay-out

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

The Search for Apollo 10's 'Snoopy'

As part of the mission, Apollo 10's lunar module ascent stage -- affectionately called 'Snoopy' -- was discarded and sent into an orbit around the sun. 42 years later and it's still believed to be out there. In a celestial version of finding a needle in a haystack, Howes and his team are about to embark on the seemingly impossible: finding Snoopy!

Full read: news.discovery.com...

Why bother?
Will it bring a new insight in our understanding of the universe?
Will it bring world peace if he finds it?
Will it end the financial crisis?
Will it provide disclosure?

Boy, what a great use of funds in this age....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think they purposely make the space program look dull and stupid on purpose to distract anyone from ever having interest in it.

Why is it that all these trekkies from back in the day formed companies like Microsoft and Motorola and revolutionized technology in hopes of creating the technology from their favorite sci first shows and yet NASA is actually moving backwards in terms of progress? It doesn't make any sense. Their they are hiding something or they are purposely destroying the next step in the evolution of our society.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I think they purposely make the space program look dull and stupid on purpose to distract anyone from ever having interest in it.

Why is it that all these trekkies from back in the day formed companies like Microsoft and Motorola and revolutionized technology in hopes of creating the technology from their favorite sci first shows and yet NASA is actually moving backwards in terms of progress? It doesn't make any sense. Their they are hiding something or they are purposely destroying the next step in the evolution of our society.

I fully agree on that. My guess/conclusion is that they are hiding something. Something
and if disclosed it would be

It's their secret space program/war.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Because NASA is a GOVERNMENT agency. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Why find Snoopy? Because we just may learn something that is entirely unexpected within our current scope of scientific understanding that COULD lead to new science that otherwise would remain unknown.

If our government can fund cranberry research to the tune of several million dollars a year for more than a decade, we can find a few $100k to find Snoopy, IMO; at least this will be original work.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why put it in orbit around the Sun? Wouldn't it be best to have put it in the Sun, instead?

I agree it's a stupid loss of funding...

new topics

top topics

join