It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places Where There Is No Horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Somtimes, when the conditions are right, there are places where the horizon seems to blend with the sky. It looks as if there is a hole in reality. I once saw this phenomenom at a lake in Mexico known for this occurance. The natives would gather on the west end of the lake thousands of years ago to watch this. It had great religious significance. Google Earth shows this area, but it seems the data was uhh, damaged or something. Here is the link:
20°13'20.36" N 103°21'05.75" W
Lake Chapala, Mexico

Anyone else know of areas like this?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I have seen this same optical illusion many times as well. I am not sure what it's called or if there is a name for it. I think it just has to do with perfect conditions.

I remember one time I saw it coming down a hill towards Lake Superior in Western Ontario. I wasn't the one driving and looked up from grabbing something on the floor real quick and for a second it looked like we were driving into the sky. It was a weird feeling to say the least.

I have also seen this while on the Pacific Ocean in a few different areas. Mostly in around Vancouver Island and the surrounding areas. It is a beautiful sight, I haven't noticed anything like it lately though.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It may have something to do with atmospheric refraction. Wiki

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

If I remember this even has a name, it is called event horizon, they even made a science fiction horror movie out of this notion. Where the horizon ends another world of imensse insanity starts sort of like hell, so they say.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It is interesting how we seek out a horizon and when it is not there our minds feel a sense of wonder and amazement. I can see how a witch doctor would use this "event horizon" to impress his subjects. Still, I wonder how the satelite captured this infinity from directly above in the Google image of Lake Chapala. One would think that some supernatural forces were at work. Maybe there is a gateway to another dimension there.

new topics

top topics

join