It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religions are conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The only conspiracie is religon itself. religon is just away to get people to follow some set of moral vaules that some body thinks the world should live bye. Dont you think if "GOD" existed there would only be one religion?
People used the bible to Justifie slavery now they are using the bible to Persecute gays. hang on which so called "bible" are they useing?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The only conspiracie is religon itself. religon is just away to get people to follow some set of moral vaules that some body thinks the world should live bye. Dont you think if "GOD" existed there would only be one religion?
People used the bible to Justifie slavery now they are using the bible to Persecute gays. hang on which so called "bible" are they useing?

What if they are not? What if you are the odd man out? Possible or impossible?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

What if they are not? What if you are the odd man out? Possible or impossible?

Well I like to say anything is possible , but the odds of it happening are or in this case if I am the odd one out that means I am the only one not to be sucked into the the biggest conspiracie in the history of man kind! Now that me a visionary ( and yes I know Im not a visionary.)
You could argue what I am saying is just another form of religon.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Since religion was invented by men in this world is always been a mean of murder, decimation power struggle between believers.

Religion has always become a reason for killing and committing atrocities against humanity.

Religion has always emphasized one god over another god, one belief better than another belief.

And at the end is always the same thing it is only one god. But oh boy!!!!!!!Religion makes sure that my god is better than yours.

Protestants try to separate themselves from Catholic Church but they worship the same god.

Islam tries to separate themselves from the Christians but they worship the same god just with another name for it.

So, yes when it comes to religion and conspiracies I have to say that is not religion alone what it makes the conspiracy but the human beings behind the particular religion.

At the end everything comes to one thing, it is all human and human made.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Since religion was invented by men in this world is always been a mean of murder, decimation power struggle between believers.

Religion has always become a reason for killing and committing atrocities against humanity.

Religion has always emphasized one god over another god, one belief better than another belief.

And at the end is always the same thing it is only one god. But oh boy!!!!!!!Religion makes sure that my god is better than yours.

Protestants try to separate themselves from Catholic Church but they worship the same god.

Islam tries to separate themselves from the Christians but they worship the same god just with another name for it.

So, yes when it comes to religion and conspiracies I have to say that is not religion alone what it makes the conspiracy but the human beings behind the particular religion.

At the end everything comes to one thing, it is all human and human made.

That is true but to track down the human element of the conspiracie you would have to discover the first person who wrote the first entry in the first "bible."

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It was not really one particular person but the effort of more than one, you have to remember that ancient people did not write but the stories were pass on, and you know what happened when stories are pass on they lose the meaning at the end.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Marg 3 different posters have supplied you with the Truth about Allah and the Pagan Moon God. You either refuse to read that or you refuse to believe it. This is an issue within you. You will never understand if you will not allow yourself to learn.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well thats a bold statement but I disagree with you to all ends. Although im not currently set to any certain religion I feel your statements vastly lack any credible statements. Different ethnic races viewed and interpreted god differently, there lies your answer about one religion. Obviously there would be some differences (small or radical) between each view. I'm not trying to slash your beliefs, there fine with me - just not made for me.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Lets not foget burning people at the stake in the name of god!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Lets not foget burning people at the stake in the name of god!

And flying planes into buildings.
Nice to see someone else in Louisville.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
looking4clues,

Will you get off the Islam bashing. And see religion all religion for what they are.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I suppose there would be less of an issue if the clan god of the Jews (YHWH or Yahweh, i.e. the male god of the "Bible" which Jews and Christians "believe in", whatever that means) was not such a hotheaded small minded and local clan god (who tends to favour one group of nomads lost in the desert over others and wants all the Amalekites dead) but a more Universal Deity (whose priests presumably would not be always putting genocidal words into the local clan god's mouth !) whose interests would be a little beyond the tiny world of the internal politics of insignificant city-states like like ancient Israel and who would concentrate more on universal themes rather than the smell of goats flesh) etc.

And yet Jews and Christians cling to the notion of Universality(even misquoting OT texts and placing the misquotes into the mouth of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean, aka "JEEEZUZ" in John chapter 4 to justify their claims: "The Salvation of ISRAEL shall come from the Judaeans" meaning the southern kingdom will save the defeated northern kingdom, and yet what we read placed into the mouth of Jeezuz is: For (it is written) salvation is from the Jews..." ha !

Just some thoughts off the top of my head...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Amadeus,

Thanks, your inside on religion is always wellcome.

Odd

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll never understand people who refuse to believe in God because organized religion is corrupt. It genuinely confuses me.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Personally, I think you have the part about manipulating society correct xpert11. One of the most effective ways to manipulate society is to change the object they base their morals and political standards off of. But I also think that some parts of the many religions are correct. One explination about why there are so many religions is that each religion views God like a diamond. Some see one face while others see another.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
I'll never understand people who refuse to believe in God because organized religion is corrupt. It genuinely confuses me.

Well the answer to that question would be differnt depending on who you asked. For me the answer is what I outlined in the post which started this topic Of course differnt parts of the world have differnt ideas about who god is. In other words god is only an ideal created by someone to reflect how he/she thinks the world should be..

I wish to make one point clear I dont want to upset anyone with my views its just that nothing has happened to me to change my point of view.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

looking4clues,

Will you get off the Islam bashing. And see religion all religion for what they are.

If you were refering to my reply, get a grip! I just made a statement that is TRUE. Planes were flown into the twin towers because of a fanatical religon. And personally, I dont believe in ANY mane made religon. We are to biased to make anything as neutral as the Idea of religon. So KMA!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Kidfinger,

We need to get over it and move on with life, Islam is here to stay and is nothing you or I can do about it, just like Christianity.

Just like I said in the name of religion atrocities will be committed in this world has been done before our time and during our time and it will go on long after our time.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

looking4clues,

If you were refering to my reply, get a grip! I just made a statement that is TRUE. Planes were flown into the twin towers because of a fanatical religon. And personally, I dont believe in ANY mane made religon. We are to biased to make anything as neutral as the Idea of religon. So KMA!
I agree with the above some times the truth hurts often "reiligon" is used as a motivator by people who wish to pursue a political agenda without making the distinction between religion and politics.

new topics

top topics

join