It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Anti-Nuclear Energy Protest in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Long story short: Post-Fukushima, Japanese PM sees nuclear energy as part of the future. Tens of thousands of protestors disagree.

Will someone knock some senses into this PM who still believes in Nuclear Energy. Don't get me wrong, it's a very reliable source of energy and very inexpensive to produce but really, with everything that happened recently with some Nuclear reactors in the world, I strongly doubt it's a good idea.

The New PM ended by saying "....the country would have a new energy policy within a year, with a greater focus on renewable energy." Good idea i guess, as long as that energy is "Smartly used".

Anyway, just thought I trow this out there as I know it concerns some people here

Here's the link: www.cbc.ca...

edit on 19-9-2011 by FrankLY because: link

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Don't get me wrong, it's a very reliable source of energy and very inexpensive to produce but really, with everything that happened recently with some Nuclear reactors in the world, I strongly doubt it's a good idea.

We are so connected to electricity in our life styles.

What is your alternative for nuclear energy ?

Do you know about the costs ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well I know it cost less than Hydro-electricity (Which is what we use here). But Hydroelectric power plants can be used for multiple things including breeding fish and other aquatic products but cost a lot more to built them then nuclear power plants.

:-)

I'd like to use Solar Power but it's very costly to set-up and to power a full let say a 3 bedrooms house including the basement

edit on 19-9-2011 by FrankLY because: forgot to add things

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
with fukishima disaster

i can relate to the protesters

doesnt make on lick of sense to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Hydroelectric power plant is made on the rivers. There are the best current sources of energy.

The restriction is that they can be made on the rivers and they depend on Geography of a region.

There are plants burning fussily fuels . Those resources will end one day. The day that Energy war will begin.

Other resources are geography-dependent or expensive or less effective than nuclear plants.

new topics

top topics

join